SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
RayCaruana
Ray
David
William
Tancred
in nannu pec
alexbb
11 posters

sunday times 1/10/10

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

sunday times 1/10/10 - Page 2 Empty Re: sunday times 1/10/10

Post  Ray Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:25 am

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Noel that is the BIGGEST AREA that needs polishing, but again with what little/much everyone manages to CONTRUBUTE we will forever be THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD......AN SSM BAND OF BROTHERS the envy of every other club in the World

We may be the greatest club................... but only we know that!!!!!!!!!!!

When I get into a conversation with someone they tell me "are you the ones of Catholic Inst" ...."NO!"......"are you the ones of Gasan Showroom"......"NO!... We make our exhibition at the Avation museum"

ME: "We go to international shows and win Gold medals"
    HIM: "And there is one with you who make churches out of match sticks?" ..... "NO"!!!!

No matter what............ they still don't get it!!!!!!!! If it's not in the newspaper it doesn't exist!

Our efforts are in vain!!!
    We either make a serious team of PRO ......... or we just enjoy a back seat view!

Noel, not "we may be" but WE ARE THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD pirat

And secondly, with whoever I meet, they tell me "rajtek ta fuq it-TV, kemm kont HELU intom ta l-Aviation Museum hux pale "

Joking apart, you have a point and we all know that, but we've had plenty of press releases & as Ivan steted earlier, we are at the mercy of journalists either or like everyone else and we do send out press releases before every HiS to every newspaper and every TV station (& Doc did send out a press release after last year's Euro after all) so it is not as bad as it looks from the PR team as we might be picturing them Sad as we are still at the mercy of a journalist.

I'm not saying that we should rest on our laurels and expect the World recognition that SSM holds to SPEAK locally as if by magic, but sometimes it is not as easy as one thinks believe me, if one does not know someone from the station or newspaper personally & drive that someone to publish or attend the Expo, the press release would end up at the end of the pile and if you're lucky it would be published a month late like the Scavengers' & Beggars' press release after all lol!

However as Ivan said earlier, those who think that they can IMPROVE the PR should step forward and make yourselves known to the comitte of which I am NOT a member Evil or Very Mad

Viva l'SSM cheers

God Wills It cheers

Ray affraid
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:03 am

To continue the debate.........

.....ok.... yes.....you make good points...BUT....... if we want to make HIS an internationally known Expo sort of thing, than we have to make a serious team.

I'm not saying that the current PRO are not serious. We all have a life and jobs that get in the way and eat up our time.

So as not to write a pharagraph, I'll just jot down points to discuss:

1) a PRO team that is willing to dedicate time seriously (if no one....well memx tamel)
    2) Find the journalists and make friends! When they publish something for us, give them a bottle of wine or something as an appriciation (step for making friends)
    3) Get into every magazine and newspaper that there is!
    4) the aim is to make Malta (not just a few) aware of us. We present Malta and we do an honor to Malta...LET THEM KNOW!!!!!!
    5) My opinion is that the committee should send out forms or open a thread to invite members as to who wishes to become a PRO team (maybe Doc can lead this team)
    6) Once team is set up. Meet every week for the first month and draw up a set of targets to be executed in a short time.
    7) During meetings the team has to produce results. Who does not means that he was not willing to give his time.
    Cool there is no need to publish only our events. But we can find a few magazines and make a profile every sometime of each member. Pictures of his models, his workbench etc...

If the above happens......... believe me...... we will get into the track!
    Serious organisation....that's all

Regards
    Noel
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 pm

I agree to all the above but let's start with the basics. A newspaper will publish a press release if they receive one so why not send them one as we did for Euromilitaire. They did publish that one after all.

Tancred afro
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

sunday times 1/10/10 - Page 2 Empty Press release....

Post  Dottore Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

since my call I have seen a list by Ivan...which naturally has mistakes...some corrected by Alex...
    Noone else has sent in his tally...

So if by next wed noone adds or corrects Ivans list (with Alex's update ) I will use that....

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 am

Sammy got a Bronze in the Master Painting as well like me apart the other Bronze in the Fantasy I love you

I got a Gold in the Fantasy and a Bronze in the Painting.

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Sorry Alex misled myself and my memory store ... and also Sammy!

Regarding the PR issue, please stop sending emails for applying to the post as I found my mailbox full this morning ... guys you know why we are a good club and comradeship in Malta and all winds of the globe, because we generate great projects and very good models, so please continue producing these as much as we can ...

As for the team the place is still vacant so stop critiisng and who wants the man in the street to get his mugshot noticed come on and join in to start the struggle for the local media attention!

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Nice one El Presidente kif gejt ikkargat lol!

Ray affraid
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Ray wrote:Nice one El Presidente kif gejt ikkargat lol!

Ray affraid

Jien qed nibza nidher quddiemu nhar l-erbgha Shocked
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 pm

RayCaruana wrote:
    Ray wrote:Nice one El Presidente kif gejt ikkargat lol!

Ray affraid

Jien qed nibza nidher quddiemu nhar l-erbgha Shocked

Tibzax oqghod warajja u ma jarakx lol!

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:46 pm

kont gej l-erbgha, bazajtuni affraid What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , nahseb rega bdieli. Narakhom l-erbgha. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am