SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
skyhigh
bcauchi
Ray
7 posters

L'Empereur

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

L'Empereur Empty L'Empereur

Post  Ray Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am

Morn ALL

Following the trend which Alex started on Aug 5th of last year and I followed 10 days later on Aug 15th Laughing here is an Oldie from the "Oils only Days" before 2000 Twisted Evil

This is a 54mm Metal Modeles Napoleon Bonaparte on his famous mount Marengo whose skeleton is at the British Army Museum in Chelsea.

Never won anything at either Euro or Glasgow WE2000 with this dude much on the contrary of L'Empereur himself Sad

However I managed to win the Class at IPMS 1998 Laughing

Ray affraid

L'Empereur Frontl10

L'Empereur Frontr10

L'Empereur Leftsi10

L'Empereur Rights10
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

L'Empereur Empty Re: L'Empereur

Post  bcauchi Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Oils or no oils, i think that it looks great and you have to consider that it is at least 10 years old. It still looks really good. I especially like the headgear, his face and the coat. A great golden oldie.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks for the info on Marengo. That was very interesting and i never realised that he was such a famous horse. You made me google his name and read about him, wow, probably one of the most famous horses in the world.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Ah!!!! this is one of your best Ray ... cheers
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Never won anything at either Euro or Glasgow WE2000 with this dude much on the contrary of L'Empereur himself

Try this year at HIS in the junior section!!! Razz

Ray, my honest opinion................................. and I know cos I was a figure painter back in days of old.

The highlights on the coat are too stark. It seems that there is no middle tone. And the horse has too much stark shadows...... too defined!

This figure is no match for the work you produce today!!

Regards
    Noel
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 am

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Never won anything at either Euro or Glasgow WE2000 with this dude much on the contrary of L'Empereur himself

Ray, my honest opinion................................. and I know cos I was a figure painter back in days of old.

The highlights on the coat are too stark. It seems that there is no middle tone. And the horse has too much stark shadows...... too defined!

Regards
    Noel

Nice one Noel, I might try out your idea if it was still in my showcase, but its no longer there Sad he's at my boss's house u ghandu bokka bih Twisted Evil

Yes you're RIGHT re coat, infact I managed to ruin it as I repainted it at that time Sad I had two pics showing Nap as he was, but can't find themon my PC and I don't have a scanner anymore Sad maybe have to take a pic of the pics and post them at a later stage when I'm ready from the Piper Sad

Re horse I don't totally agree with you coz the pics are not that great (nothing new) but anyway it is more then 12 yrs old now and God Forbid if my work has not improved since then Cool

Ray affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Ray this model has always been a favourite model of mine.....it stands out man and like cocker said oils or no oils......ity's a fantastic model...I think I will follow your example and post an old model as well....
    In nannu pec What a Face
    Luke
    Luke
    Bronze
    Bronze

L'Empereur Empty Very nice job

Post  Luke Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Very nice job ray
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 pm

IN NANNU PEC wrote:Ray this model has always been a favourite model of mine.....it stands out man and like cocker said oils or no oils......ity's a fantastic model...I think I will follow your example and post an old model as well....
    In nannu pec What a Face

Thanks a lot Nannu Pec but it wasn't Cocker who said that Sad it was Brian Laughing

Yes GO AHEAD and POST some of your earlier work Twisted Evil everyone SHOULD do it IMHO as apart exhibiting our golden oldies permanently, we'll keep this forum brimming with posts Twisted Evil

Luke thanks to you as well kid Cool

Ray affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm

just posted the Zulu !!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    It's still o very favourite model of mine....18 years later Razz Razz Razz
    in nannu pec
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 am

Ray wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:

Regards
    Noel

Nice one Noel, I might try out your idea if it was still in my showcase, but its no longer there Sad he's at my boss's house u ghandu bokka bih Twisted Evil

Ray affraid

Good idea bribing the boss with a model Idea ...Sfortunatament lill-boss tieghi ma' jogbuix il-mudelli ghax kieku natiha wiehed ghall-birthday biex ninhabb!!! Cool
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 am

ipprova xi haga ohra,forsi tiddeletta......................u jirnexxilek tinhabb xorta.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm