SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anoka County (Minnesota) Museum

slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Anoka County (Minnesota) Museum Empty Anoka County (Minnesota) Museum

Post  slingshot392 Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 am

Back in 2007, a friend and I went to an open house they had at the Anoka County Museum which is at the Anoka County Airport here in Minnesota, probably about 15 minutes away. Unfortunately we couldn't make it on Saturday which is the only day they had some World War II planes there flying. I thought they were going to be there both days. I took a bunch of photos, but it wasn't until recently I got around to working on them and putting them on my server. I didn't realize we had so many golden age airplanes right around here.

http://www.p40warhawk.com/My_Stuff/Anoka_2007/Anoka_2007_1.htm
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Anoka County (Minnesota) Museum Empty Re: Anoka County (Minnesota) Museum

Post  in nannu pec Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:30 am

Wow that was a real treat ...I just love these old beautiful machines.....a nice change...thanks for your kind comments about my models...working hard on this project....I just love doing dioramas...used to do aircraft dios in 1/72 scale before always with a Malta theme if you want to have a look there's quite a few in kitmaker.net in the features aeroscale section on the left hand side ...see what you think....nice to have you on our site dear friend.
    thanks once again
    Louis.... Smile Smile :)that;'s my real name Smile Smile Smile in nannu means grandpa as Im the oldest codger in the club lol! lol! lol!
    Take care and God bless
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm

Wow ...That's a very nostalgic collection ..I like especialy the trimotor...
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:20 am

Brilliant photos Brad, that looks like one great Museum, there are some brilliant examples there. I'm sure you had a great time.
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks guys! Just found out a little bad news, apparently the northern museum building has been sold, I used to be very good with directions until I moved to the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities, I am constantly turned around appear so I'm not sure which building is the northern one, I looked it up online, but they didn't state which building either other than the northern building. apparently the other building is still open on visiting days, the site didn't say if they would be staying there, I hope they can.

Louis, you put such incredible detail into such small dioramas. Brian gave me your e-mail and I will e-mail you sometime with a model ship I have wanted to do for probably over 25 years, combination sail and steam, my great uncle served on in Alaska in the mid-20s. Working on a different boat now to learn some of the techniques again of balsa sheets and trying out some different covering materials, should be a relatively quick build as long as I do ones with the engine cover on.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm