SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
alexbb
Dottore
clioguy
7 posters

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 3 Empty Re: Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Nice looking oscar, well done!! I agree with Alex, next time beat it more Smile anyway well done!!
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 3 Empty Opinions....

Post  Dottore Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 am

At last a wingy thing which doesnt look like it just rolled out of the factory Twisted Evil

As my esteemed venerbale prodigious cousin Alex aka GIMLI pointed out we AFV guys love weathering...and so I love this plane!

Love the chips though IMHO I would have kept the chips to most logical places rather than spread them out symmetrically across the plane...then again maybe these planes chipped that way I dont know...

Show us more of your work mate...always a pleasure!

Dottore
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 3 Empty Re: Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

Post  alexbb Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Dottore wrote:At last a wingy thing which doesnt look like it just rolled out of the factory Twisted Evil

As my esteemed venerbale prodigious cousin Alex aka GIMLI pointed out we AFV guys love weathering...and so I love this plane!

Love the chips though IMHO I would have kept the chips to most logical places rather than spread them out symmetrically across the plane...then again maybe these planes chipped that way I dont know...

Show us more of your work mate...always a pleasure!

Dottore

right you dont know cus
    paint and japanese aircraft of wwii did not go very well together. if anything from pictures ive seen, duncan was very mean with his chipping
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 pm

If anything, I didn't chip in all the right places.....

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 3 Nakajima-type-1-ki-43-ib-hayabusa-oscar-fighter-01
    Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 3 J_152_Sq_Jap_Nakajima_Ki_43_Oscar_at_Singapore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Lovely work Duncan, you did a great job of a difficult subject and you had the guts to try that kind of really heavy unique weathering and you did a magnificent job. Well done!! PS. you are still in time to weather it more in terms of exhaust, grime etc. You would do that on the finished plane anyway so just go for it and do it. It will be perfect then.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm