SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

1/32 Aviators and Silver Screen

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/32 Aviators and Silver Screen  Empty 1/32 Aviators and Silver Screen

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:08 pm

something interesting from the usual military material
    http://www.kingsroadminiatures.com/productList.htm
    Came across this company, very interesting civilian subjects from the 20s and 30s, most probably admire the pioneer aviators but also interesting gonna be the silver screen range ... sculpted by Remy Trembly and Mike Good! Top notch sculptors, gonna make top notch subjects!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/32 Aviators and Silver Screen  Empty Re: 1/32 Aviators and Silver Screen

Post  bcauchi Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Not the usual stuff, very interesting indeed.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:07 am

I ran across you thread while doing a search and thought I would comment. My name is Jeff Cupernell and I am a partner in Kings Road Miniatures. I am glad you like the line we really have been trying to do something different. We just announced our newest figure of Buster Crabbe. I would post a link but I am not allowed to do that yet

We are thinking about some new lines and one is a period military line but I want to make sure our new line is not static. There are enough figures of solders from all eras standing around. We want action in that line and are trying to get as much life in to our current lines as we possibly can. Is there any thing you guys would like to see? Let us know.

Best
    Jeff
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Welcome onboard Jeff and please do share your figures here with us!

Ivan

Post  Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 am

I will, but I think I will need to wait a few weeks.
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:34 am

Hi Jeff,

Welcome aboard! I really like the figures you are making and the direction you are going, the civilian figures and the categories you are choosing our something very interesting and nice and not really seen before. I really like your Clara Bow figure!

You had asked for some suggestions, here are some I would like to see for pilots:

Roscoe Turner with his lion cub Gilmore (he would actually fly with the lion cub)
    Jimmy & Mary Haizlip
    Jimmy Wedell
    These four figures could all go alongside the Williams Brothers 1/32 Wedell-Williams

Steve Wittman (he was an innovator and a legend from the air racers of the 30s throughout the rest of his life)

For the silver screen:

John Wayne (lots to choose from from the 30s through the 70s)
    Buster Keaton
    Laurel & Hardy
    Abbott & Costello

I looked around your web site but I must have missed it cannot I will look again, but are these cast in resin or white metal?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 am

Buster and Roscoe are both figures we have considered, and my still get made. I love Buster Keaton I have many of his films and shorts in my DVD collection. Roscoe is such a colorful pilot . It does not really show in the black and white photos of him but his uniform was very colorful.

The problem in doing some of these people is that they have very limited appeal in a lot of ways. So we need to be carful in what we choose. We need to find figures that we can make our many back on. The price of a master is any where form about $550.00 to about $1000.00. then we have all of our costs to get it in to production. So we need to choose figures that have as broad an appeal as possible. John Wayne is more then likely our of our price range as far as licensing fees go. Wayne Corp will come down on you like a ton of bricks if you do something without their permission.
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:12 am

That's a pretty hefty cost for each figure with everything considered by the time it's available to us, and I definitely understand the need to choose carefully since your subjects really are unique.

I always try to catch Busters movies when they are on the old movie channel, he was so unique. I really love him in The General.

When I started writing John Wayne, I started wondering if there would be licensing costs and kind of figured there would be as his likeness is on a lot of things yet.

Roscoe was definitely unique for the 30s and his last racer and Gilmore are in the Smithsonian. A lot of the other race pilots are neat, but probably wouldn't be recognized by most, face or name. I don't own the copyright, but I do have a bunch of photos of Roscoe and my computer, if you would ever decide to do him, or him with Gilmore, I could send you the photos I have.

My e-mail is:

wolf427@comcast.net

Post  Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:40 am

Good sculptors are not cheep, and we try and use the best we can. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:37 am