SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Malta Dio ...

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Malta Dio ... Empty Malta Dio ...

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Tought to share this little vignette just shown in AMB Brescia, do not know who is the autor but nice to see a Malta scene ... pity walls are a bit high but great idea to show of the mytical Malta camo!!!!

Malta Dio ... 40739_10
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Malta Dio ... Empty Re: Malta Dio ...

Post  bcauchi Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Not bad at all. I like it although it could be better.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 pm

It could be better......... but you can understand how effective the camo is against the wall.

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Very interesting to see a piece of our illustrious history depicted by a foreigner, irrelevant of the work's quality.....now that just puts most of us to shame for not devouting more then we actually devout to our Maltese History in Scale Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:38 am

Yep Ray, that was my argument when I posted the photo, I am not judging the work, diorama setting or anything, I have my doubts if the vickers is the right version and the rubblewall not typical Maltese BUT really cool to see our little part in AFV history depicted especially by a foreigner and in a very interesting manner, especially the combination of the rubblewalls and camo ... yep and I agree we need to get into further depths into our history, now were is that Matilda box ...
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:40 pm

your hunch is right ivan the version of the vickers is wrong it should be the VIc and not VIb apart from the facts you already pointed out the sand yellow should be the lighter portland stone but all in all intersting nonetheless

Malta Dio ... Vic_2_10

Malta Dio ... Vicker10

notice no turret cupola and different gun mantlet and armament

the model also lacks the quite prominent 4 registratin markings sorry to say this but this a "cucata"
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:12 pm

I know that we are finicky on the authenticity, accuracy and detail but i still think it looks good and captures the atmosphere. The only thing i would have added is a bajtra tax-xewk.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:24 pm

bcauchi wrote:I know that we are finicky on the authenticity, accuracy and detail but i still think it looks good and captures the atmosphere. The only thing i would have added is a bajtra tax-xewk.

yes brian maybe so but would you build a bf109e and paint it as a bf109f?
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Prosit Alex for the images ... notice one thing it is the same registered vehicle and both images have a different pattern, from the looks the first one is a haphazard job, the sand looks to be overpainted on the European green scheme, behind the wheels it has a complete different pattern of camo, reminiscent of the desert scheme, the second image looks that the camo was redone and much more artistically painted, probably this time the vickers received an all sand colour and the lines painted over, also on the underside this time. Now as this has been done locally in a repair shop or GASAN garage what would be the sand colour be ... probably MAGNOLIA as that is and was available in gallons locally Surprised

Very interesting mate and now I noticed it is the damn same vickers ... 75878, the first foto is at Pembroke proving grounds and the other probably Ta Qali near the now US embassy were there are the trees or else as commonly acknowledge Busketto gardens ... for sure Vickers were stationed at Ta Qali airdrome at one point in time.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm

iCocker wrote:Prosit Alex for the images ... notice one thing it is the same registered vehicle and both images have a different pattern, from the looks the first one is a haphazard job, the sand looks to be overpainted on the European green scheme, behind the wheels it has a complete different pattern of camo, reminiscent of the desert scheme, the second image looks that the camo was redone and much more artistically painted, probably this time the vickers received an all sand colour and the lines painted over, also on the underside this time. Now as this has been done locally in a repair shop or GASAN garage what would be the sand colour be ... probably MAGNOLIA as that is and was available in gallons locally Surprised

Very interesting mate and now I noticed it is the damn same vickers ... 75878, the first foto is at Pembroke proving grounds and the other probably Ta Qali near the now US embassy were there are the trees or else as commonly acknowledge Busketto gardens ... for sure Vickers were stationed at Ta Qali airdrome at one point in time.

ivan its T5878 THE PREFIX T STANDS FOR TANK
    THE SECOND PICTURE COULD BE A DIFFERENT ONE HAVE TO CHECK IT COULD BE T5879 as for the colour portland stone is very similar to magnolia but from the records it was portland stone of which the rma and komr had plenty in supply and little to use it on.

btw resicast are going to issue the 18lb feild gun of ww1 origin on ww2 carraige this was used by the rma during ww2
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:21 am

It is the same number dude! Enlarge it, it ends 58 aswell! So this conferms that at one point in time seems that vehicles were given a standard coat as that pattern is common to many other vehicles ... somwhere I have an image of a bren carrier having the lines being painted ...
    Good news for the field guns, that would be nice setup, have seen some interesting gunposts bunkers ... so probably the use of MAGNOLIA in Malta derived from the large amount of stock of Portland Stone then Very Happy
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Malta Dio ... Empty Malta Rubblewall Camo

Post  iCocker Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:19 pm

If any wondered how was the camo applied here is the proof ...
    Malta Dio ... Dss13_10
    Image courtesy of a local private collector ...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:45 pm