SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :)

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :) Empty Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :)

Post  Ray Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Guys, maybe you feel I am poking my nose into forbidden ground, as if I am pointing my fingers towards you Aircraft Nuts, but honestly I feel that whoever deleved into AFV's weathering techniques, or even more is an AFV Nut, he/she can produce cockpit/all interior Aircraft weathering which is a bit hard to surpass or even emulate.

I have posted the Zero Cockpit weathering link from a friend on FaceBook, with no response except from Ivan Evil or Very Mad

I'm posting a link from Spencer Pollard's FaceBook & again I hope it is available as "public" & not for "friends only" because I feel that it is worth watching, since this is also an AFV Nut, collecting Euro Golds in AFV's on an annual basis!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=728697539#!/album.php?fbid=1599090416456&id=1211901056&aid=2075997

Again, I hope no Aircraft Nut gets me wrong as if I am trying to preach something, but I do feel that Historic & Scale accuracy should go hand in hand with the appropriate weathering, and what was or seemed to have worked 20/15 odd years ago may not be up to today's "artistic standards" !

Since you (the Aircraft Nuts) were/are the basis of our beloved Society with the greatest in numbers, IMHO you should ALL be aware of the latest techniques and do your utmost to keep abreast of how things are OUT THERE Twisted Evil

Sorry guys I had/have no intention other than to see ALL in our beloved Club EVOLVE ACCORDINGLY SO THAT WE REMAIN ON THE PINNACCLE OF THE MODELLING WORLD, AS WE RIGHTLY DESERVE I love you
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :) Empty Re: Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :)

Post  Wayne Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:35 pm

I agree Ray, but unfortunately I could not see the link you posted earlier as I do not (an never will get) a facebook account (I hate the thing).

Having said that facebook's certainly not the only place to get ideas/skills/trends etc and as for me, I'm always game to learn something new.

The problem i'm having at the moment is that having been out of the scene for so long I feel out of date and I'm struggling to sift through all this new (for me) information. It's quite overwhelming really.

I feel i need a crash course to bring me up to speed with the latest techniques if you know what I mean.

Anyhoo... that's my current point of view. Call me sponge-bob... ready to suck in all the information i can get lol!

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :) Empty Re: Revell's Arado 196 in 1/32nd Scale :)

Post  clioguy Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Ray wrote:Guys, maybe you feel I am poking my nose into forbidden ground, as if I am pointing my fingers towards you Aircraft Nuts, but honestly I feel that whoever deleved into AFV's weathering techniques, or even more is an AFV Nut, he/she can produce cockpit/all interior Aircraft weathering which is a bit hard to surpass or even emulate.

I have posted the Zero Cockpit weathering link from a friend on FaceBook, with no response except from Ivan Evil or Very Mad

I'm posting a link from Spencer Pollard's FaceBook & again I hope it is available as "public" & not for "friends only" because I feel that it is worth watching, since this is also an AFV Nut, collecting Euro Golds in AFV's on an annual basis!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=728697539#!/album.php?fbid=1599090416456&id=1211901056&aid=2075997

Again, I hope no Aircraft Nut gets me wrong as if I am trying to preach something, but I do feel that Historic & Scale accuracy should go hand in hand with the appropriate weathering, and what was or seemed to have worked 20/15 odd years ago may not be up to today's "artistic standards" !

Since you (the Aircraft Nuts) were/are the basis of our beloved Society with the greatest in numbers, IMHO you should ALL be aware of the latest techniques and do your utmost to keep abreast of how things are OUT THERE Twisted Evil

Sorry guys I had/have no intention other than to see ALL in our beloved Club EVOLVE ACCORDINGLY SO THAT WE REMAIN ON THE PINNACCLE OF THE MODELLING WORLD, AS WE RIGHTLY DESERVE I love you

Ray, unfortunately link is unavailable.... prob it'd for friends only.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Guys no need for rocket science, just create a facebook identity and be friends with Spencer Pollard, by the way originally he is an aircraft nut that goes into AFV, he is a great admirer of our work ...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am