Anyone got Mirages?

    Share

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm

    Anyone got a couple of Mirage aircraft? Let's make them in Libyan camouflage and based in Malta.....

    Anyone for it?

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  iCocker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 pm

    Maybe we can make them in Maltese roundel LOL maybe they remain here ...

    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110221/local/two-libyan-fighter-jets-arrive-in-malta-two-helicopters-land ... where are they parked near Lufthansa technique?


    Last edited by iCocker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 pm

    They are on park 4 (airshow park)

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  iCocker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 pm

    AdriaN wrote:They are on park 4 (airshow park)

    But they came early for the airshow Twisted Evil

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:45 pm

    early?

    i think they mixed up 26-27 september 2009 with 21 february 2011!! Razz

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:51 pm

    anyone know the exact Mirage model? Is it F1?

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 pm

    clioguy wrote:anyone know the exact Mirage model? Is it F1?

    Yes F.1ED
    These are 2 of the 12 sold to them from france.
    ''some at Gamal Abdul El Nasser Air Base, south of Tobruk. Two used by senior colonels to defect to Malta during Libyan Revolution after being instructed to bombard protesters.'' - quoted from wikipedia ALREADY!

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  iCocker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 pm

    Ejja guys you have the resources, you have the reference surely better then pictures, these are planes of two hereos who defected superior orders not to attack their brothers, it is know a historical fact, so come on built one for next exhibition! Are models available of this version?

    Time quoted that these were armed but to me from images those do not look as rocketpods, probably the MGs are loaded ...

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

    iCocker wrote:Ejja guys you have the resources, you have the reference surely better then pictures, these are planes of two hereos who defected superior orders not to attack their brothers, it is know a historical fact, so come on built one for next exhibition! Are models available of this version?

    Time quoted that these were armed but to me from images those do not look as rocketpods, probably the MGs are loaded ...

    Todays event will live on to be as popular as the egyptair hijack event!
    I was thinking for next years HIS to have a diorama of todays event with a mirage f1 with maltese surroundings and a few police and 2 pilots being arrested Smile

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm




    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

    Who want's to build it in 1/48 , ESCI use to make one...

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 pm

    I found this one.... any good??

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TIGER-MEET-MIRAGE-F1-1-48-ESCI-/320660846011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_23&hash=item4aa8e035bb#ht_500wt_1156

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:24 pm


    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 pm

    Yes thats the one Duncan...it's the only one available...

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm


    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:28 pm


    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

    there is also this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Esci-1-48-Dassault-Breguet-Mirage-F-1C-rare-vintage-/110651491322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19c357c3fa#ht_500wt_1156

    What quality are we talking about here?

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

    they are pretty clean/new looking for old aircraft Laughing

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

    also found these:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mirage-F1-Pt-2-Iraq-Spain-Morocco-Libya-1-48-decals-/390285885613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adeda00ad#ht_1418wt_905
    Decals for 1/48 Mirage, including Libyan

    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm

    clioguy wrote:there is also this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Esci-1-48-Dassault-Breguet-Mirage-F-1C-rare-vintage-/110651491322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19c357c3fa#ht_500wt_1156

    What quality are we talking about here?

    Duncan thats a C model. libyas are ED models. EDs do not have a refuelling probe and have differently shaped tails !

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:36 pm

    AdriaN wrote:
    clioguy wrote:there is also this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Esci-1-48-Dassault-Breguet-Mirage-F-1C-rare-vintage-/110651491322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19c357c3fa#ht_500wt_1156

    What quality are we talking about here?

    Duncan thats a C model. libyas are ED models. EDs do not have a refuelling probe and have differently shaped tails !

    What about the other one I found? Is that good?

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  skyhigh on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:40 pm

    F-1ED



    F-1ED



    F-1AD


    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 925
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : St Julians

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  AdriaN on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm

    clioguy wrote:
    AdriaN wrote:
    clioguy wrote:there is also this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Esci-1-48-Dassault-Breguet-Mirage-F-1C-rare-vintage-/110651491322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19c357c3fa#ht_500wt_1156

    What quality are we talking about here?

    Duncan thats a C model. libyas are ED models. EDs do not have a refuelling probe and have differently shaped tails !

    What about the other one I found? Is that good?

    the first one is a F1C-200. maybe you can buy the C and scratch build some parts to make it an ED?

    Todays mirages are 502-508, duncan how are you going to replicate these numbers? scratch

    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 258
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 37
    Location : Marsaskala, Malta

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  clioguy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 pm

    don't know... I don't even know if I'll buy the kit, let alone how I would do the numbers.... but maybe stencils or dry transfers would do?

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: Anyone got Mirages?

    Post  J.Fenech on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am

    Maybe you can find the Italeri one (reboxed esci one but with some upgraded parts) which is a more recent release. It is pretty basic, you definitly need a new cockpit and a lot of work to detail the wheel bays but it is the only option in 1/48th scale. Neomega does a resin cockpit for the mirage.

    http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/miragef1reviewdw_1.htm

    http://www.neomega-resin.com/mirage.htm

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:57 pm