SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust

slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust Empty Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust

Post  slingshot392 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:09 am

Jeb Stewart was one of the best generals that the Confederates had during the Civil War.

This 1/10 bust is beautifully cast in two pieces of resin, one for the base and the other for Stuart. Other busts that I have had have had the head and upper arms and separate pieces, this one is all molded in one piece and I could not find any casting seams or any pinholes. I also didn't find any plugs that needed to be removed, it looks like it's ready to be glued to the base right out-of-the-box.

Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust Amati_Stuart_bust

There are no painting instructions, but the box is designed so the front of the box shows the front of the Stuart bust all painted up, the back of the box shows the back of the bust all painted up. That's a clever way of giving you a painting guide, although you will either have to do some color matching with the box or research the appropriate colors to use for the Confederate uniform.

From the pictures I have in books, it is a very good likeness of Jeb Stuart. The detail on his hair, beard and uniform is beautifully done.

I picked this figure out off of eBay, the list price was $14.95 and I picked it up on sale for $10. The seller said that they were out of production, but I looked the company up and they are from Italy and it looks like their busts and figures are being imported again into the U. S., and hopefully other parts of the world as well. Considering the minimal (if any) cleanup and the inexpensive price compared to other busts in the 1/10-1/9 range, it is highly recommended for anybody with interest in the American Civil War or a unique looking bust/figure that's different from their usual range.

http://amatimodelusa.com/figures.html
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust Empty Re: Amati 1/10 Jeb Stuart bust

Post  bcauchi Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Even nicer than Custer but they sort of go together!
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 am

Thanks! Now that you pointed out the faces on the other busts that I sent you, I'm going to really watch for it on these, although they did seem pretty smooth.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm