1/16th busts

    Share

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    1/16th busts

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 pm

    Here are two 1/16th scale busts of WWI Aces Richthofen and Udet. This is the first time i have painted anything in this scale. Hope you like my humble attempts:













    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  Ray on Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 am

    BRAVU, BRAVISSIMU cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

    Brian, you did a great job indeed, believe me you did I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  bcauchi on Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

    I hope you are not pulling my leg Ray because coming from you that is one hell of a compliment for me. I tried my best and to me they look fine, to be honest the quality of the faces and Richthofen's uniform was not too good, the surface was not smooth and that shows up when you paint, you can't have a nice transition between the colours because of rough surface and rough edges but they look very attractive to me. thanks again for the compliment. This is such fun after those two years building those Bf110's.

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  skyhigh on Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 am

    Brian for me they look brillant ,.... cheers and for a break as you sad,.... Cool they are simply fantastic.... cheers

    But please be aware for such compliments...... lol!

    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 37
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  Wayne on Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 am

    Nice job Brian, they look brilliant.

    But as Sykyhigh said... beware of the Dark Side tongue lol!


    _________________

    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  bcauchi on Tue May 01, 2012 2:40 pm

    Thanks Marco/Wayne. But let it be known that there is no dark side, modelling is modelling and i appreciate all kinds, aircraft, cars, figures, AFV's and ships. I would love to build all of them but my first love is aircraft and so I try to include the others in the project. Hence I always try to add figures on the base and my AFV's have so far arrived at field equipment and a kettenkrad but still, it is better than nothing and i could experience that kind of modeling too. I now feel that there is something missing when an aircraft is not accompanied by at least one figure, the pilot. The only thing i have not managed to include this far is a ship or boat of some sorts but i might get to that too. Who knows! The different types of models compliment each other and enhance the experience both for the modeller and the person admiring the finished project, the more stuff you include, the more satisfaction you get. AMEN!

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  skyhigh on Tue May 01, 2012 4:04 pm

    bcauchi wrote:Thanks Marco/Wayne. But let it be known that there is no dark side, modelling is modelling and i appreciate all kinds, aircraft, cars, figures, AFV's and ships. I would love to build all of them but my first love is aircraft and so I try to include the others in the project. Hence I always try to add figures on the base and my AFV's have so far arrived at field equipment and a kettenkrad but still, it is better than nothing and i could experience that kind of modeling too. I now feel that there is something missing when an aircraft is not accompanied by at least one figure, the pilot. The only thing i have not managed to include this far is a ship or boat of some sorts but i might get to that too. Who knows! The different types of models compliment each other and enhance the experience both for the modeller and the person admiring the finished project, the more stuff you include, the more satisfaction you get. AMEN!


    AMEN to that Brian........ cheers

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  slingshot392 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 am

    Fantastic job on the figures Brian! They look very realistic and now that you point out the roughness in the Richthofen figure, it can kind of be seen, that I don't know if most observers, especially if they aren't modelers would even notice it. You go through these so fast, I haven't even finished assembling my Knight figure yet!

    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    1/16th busts

    Post  Paul Salomone on Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 am

    Prosit Brian,

    A very good job - Well Done.

    cheers cheers cheers

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  Ray on Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 pm

    bcauchi wrote:I hope you are not pulling my leg Ray because coming from you that is one hell of a compliment for me. I tried my best and to me they look fine, to be honest the quality of the faces and Richthofen's uniform was not too good, the surface was not smooth and that shows up when you paint, you can't have a nice transition between the colours because of rough surface and rough edges but they look very attractive to me. thanks again for the compliment. This is such fun after those two years building those Bf110's.

    Brian how dare you Question Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Joking apart, you should know me by now....if I don't like it I just say nice or something similar just not to put the person OFF, but if I do honestly like it I can't hide my emotions & just blurt it out naturally!

    Again & Again & Again, you DARED & you WON my Good Bro cheers

    Beware of the Real Dark Side, those who lurk in the shadows of modelling obscurity with their PULITZER PRIZE WINNING PHOTOGRAPHY & have the AUDICITY to INSTIGATE the dark side lol!
    Beware of the APOCALYPSE of Adolf as it started on SIMILAR FOUNDATIONS lol!

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  skyhigh on Thu May 03, 2012 7:31 pm

    Ray wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:I hope you are not pulling my leg Ray because coming from you that is one hell of a compliment for me. I tried my best and to me they look fine, to be honest the quality of the faces and Richthofen's uniform was not too good, the surface was not smooth and that shows up when you paint, you can't have a nice transition between the colours because of rough surface and rough edges but they look very attractive to me. thanks again for the compliment. This is such fun after those two years building those Bf110's.

    Brian how dare you Question Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Joking apart, you should know me by now....if I don't like it I just say nice or something similar just not to put the person OFF, but if I do honestly like it I can't hide my emotions & just blurt it out naturally!

    Again & Again & Again, you DARED & you WON my Good Bro cheers

    Beware of the Real Dark Side, those who lurk in the shadows of modelling obscurity with their PULITZER PRIZE WINNING PHOTOGRAPHY & have the AUDICITY to INSTIGATE the dark side lol!
    Beware of the APOCALYPSE of Adolf as it started on SIMILAR FOUNDATIONS lol!



    BOQ.... Question Question Exclamation scratch

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 pm

    skyhigh wrote:
    Ray wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:I hope you are not pulling my leg Ray because coming from you that is one hell of a compliment for me. I tried my best and to me they look fine, to be honest the quality of the faces and Richthofen's uniform was not too good, the surface was not smooth and that shows up when you paint, you can't have a nice transition between the colours because of rough surface and rough edges but they look very attractive to me. thanks again for the compliment. This is such fun after those two years building those Bf110's.

    Brian how dare you Question Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Joking apart, you should know me by now....if I don't like it I just say nice or something similar just not to put the person OFF, but if I do honestly like it I can't hide my emotions & just blurt it out naturally!

    Again & Again & Again, you DARED & you WON my Good Bro cheers

    Beware of the Real Dark Side, those who lurk in the shadows of modelling obscurity with their PULITZER PRIZE WINNING PHOTOGRAPHY & have the AUDICITY to INSTIGATE the dark side lol!
    Beware of the APOCALYPSE of Adolf as it started on SIMILAR FOUNDATIONS lol!



    BOQ.... Question Question Exclamation scratch

    miskin ma fihmtux Suspect , ergajna rega hijack thread iehor Twisted Evil

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

    Nice work Brian!!

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4047
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  bcauchi on Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 pm

    Thanks guys, by the way i have just been told by my friend Brad, aka Slingshot, now the proud owner of the busts that they are in fact 1/12th scale and not 1/16th scale. Sorry for the mistake from a figures novice.

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: 1/16th busts

    Post  slingshot392 on Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 am

    I am going to buy a special knicknack shelf for these figures as well as the driver figure you did (and for my knight & dragon if they actually turn out) and proudly display them in my living room.

    If anyone else is interested in this series of busts, there were four of them made, they were just never available by themselves, besides these two, there was Rickenbacker and a German pilot I had never heard of before. They were available on a limited run basis included with the appropriate DML/Dragon 1/48 aircraft of that particular ace. They have been out of production for quite awhile but are still available on eBay, sometimes very expensive but I was able to find mine for a pretty good price, including shipping, less than what just a new resin figure would cost, plus you get a pretty nice 1/48 aircraft.

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:28 pm