SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RayCaruana
skyhigh
iCocker
Ray
8 posters

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Empty Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Ready at last ladies and gents, I present to you a Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C in all his glory Twisted Evil

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Pictu170

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Pictu171

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Pictu172

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Pictu173

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Pictu174
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C Empty Re: Knight of St.John, Rhodes 15C

Post  iCocker Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Simply beautiful my friend, lets teach them up there how the Hospitallers used to be in their glory!

Photos improved mate, only that the groundwork took some burn out this time ... love the black, did you oils for teh deep shadows?

PROSIT!!!! Worth the awaiting ... sa l-ahhar qatra!

Ivan
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 pm

prosit ray........... cheers
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Can't wait to see it tomorrow!!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm

ghada festa ghal band of modellers..... cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 pm

iCocker wrote:Simply beautiful my friend, lets teach them up there how the Hospitallers used to be in their glory!

Photos improved mate, only that the groundwork took some burn out this time ... love the black, did you oils for teh deep shadows?

PROSIT!!!! Worth the awaiting ... sa l-ahhar qatra!

Ivan

Ivan thanks, but the pics are arranged with photoeditor Sad so there are some harsh shadows and very burnt out grounwork Sad the REDS are the most suffering, you'll see tomorrow how DIFFERENT & BETTER it looks in the flesh Suspect
    No Oils used didn't have the time to experiment (suppost ghamilta matul din is-sena wara l-Pirjol imma dejjem l-istess storja, nqattar sal-ahhar u nibqa fejn jien Sad insomma skuza tajba jekk ma nirbah xejn Twisted Evil )

Ray affraid
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Marco w Ray thanks for looking and your kind words.......much appreciated!!

Xi dwejjaq kemm baqa ghal ghada Sad

Ray affraid
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I can't comment from the photos, Ray, but I know that you did a fantastic job!

Ray....... your knight is a dead Knight! Shocked He;s got a spear going right through his right shoulder! Shocked Miskin!

Regards
    Noel
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:I can't comment from the photos, Ray, but I know that you did a fantastic job!

Ray....... your knight is a dead Knight! Shocked He;s got a spear going right through his right shoulder! Shocked Miskin!

Regards
    Noel

Noel the pics are much better then he actually is believe me Sad what is happening to me is this...........when I look at him WITHOUT my reading/modelling specs I can easily see a GOLD or even better a contender for BoS, but when I put them specs on, all i see is a COMMENDED or even worse a NOTHING Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

BTW That is his right chest not shoulder Shocked

Please come tomorrow ta for the Good Luck Gathering of SSM BAND of BROTHERS cheers

Ray affraid
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Noel the pics are much better then he actually is believe me what is happening to me is this...........when I look at him WITHOUT my reading/modelling specs I can easily see a GOLD or even better a contender for BoS, but when I put them specs on, all i see is a COMMENDED or even worse a NOTHING

BTW That is his right chest not shoulder

Please come tomorrow ta for the Good Luck Gathering of SSM BAND of BROTHERS

Ray

You're being modest, Ray! Come on! You were and still is an inspiration to all figures painters..... at least to me you are! I'm not saying the others are not. Steve Mallia for example has come a long way and produces amazing originals and his painting skills are top notch. Harlod has also a high level of standard............... but to me, you are my inspiration!

Regards
    Noel
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Noel the pics are much better then he actually is believe me what is happening to me is this...........when I look at him WITHOUT my reading/modelling specs I can easily see a GOLD or even better a contender for BoS, but when I put them specs on, all i see is a COMMENDED or even worse a NOTHING

Ray

You're being modest, Ray! Come on! You were and still is an inspiration to all figures painters..... at least to me you are! I'm not saying the others are not. Steve Mallia for example has come a long way and produces amazing originals and his painting skills are top notch. Harlod has also a high level of standard............... but to me, you are my inspiration!

Regards
    Noel

Stephen got a well desreved GOLD in 2007 and multiple Silvers before and after that, while Harold got Silvers as well and I am your inspiration mate Suspect still STUCK in the BRONZE AGE at Euro Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    Get a life and INSPIRE yourself from someone else please, it's for your own good I tell you veru Cool pirat

Ray affraid
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm

Stephen got a well desreved GOLD in 2007 and multiple Silvers before and after that, while Harold got Silvers as well and I am your inspiration mate still STUCK in the BRONZE AGE at Euro
    Get a life and INSPIRE yourself from someone else please, it's for your own good I tell you veru

Ray

Alright! I'll give it you in black & white! I might get a bit mushy here..... so no tears............. Ray...since I got to know you you were an inspiration to me as a figure painter........ than you became a good friend (tears in my eyes), as time went by you became a very good friend and I consider you my inspiration because I have good memories with you by being your friend and ........ (tears really coming down)... I love you! Sad

Don't get me wrong......... Love as in pal, buddy, friend. I don't know, but those brief moments of friendship left a good feeling inside of me.... so ... that's it........... Rolling Eyes
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    Stephen got a well desreved GOLD in 2007 and multiple Silvers before and after that, while Harold got Silvers as well and I am your inspiration mate still STUCK in the BRONZE AGE at Euro
    Get a life and INSPIRE yourself from someone else please, it's for your own good I tell you veru

Ray

Alright! I'll give it you in black & white! I might get a bit mushy here..... so no tears............. Ray...since I got to know you you were an inspiration to me as a figure painter........ than you became a good friend (tears in my eyes), as time went by you became a very good friend and I consider you my inspiration because I have good memories with you by being your friend and ........ (tears really coming down)... I love you! Sad

Don't get me wrong......... Love as in pal, buddy, friend. I don't know, but those brief moments of friendship left a good feeling inside of me.... so ... that's it........... Rolling Eyes

CAN'T STOP LAUGHING and with this I bid you good night BUDDY/SSM BAND of BROTHER or BROTHER of the BAND and REALLY HOPE to SEE YOU tomorrow pirat Cool

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 am

Unfortunately i will not make it tonight but i am sure it looks magnificent in real life. Another masterpiece from your able hands. This is truly a lovely figure. i love it all round. The figure itself, its face, proportions and pose are really lovely and your work really set it off. What really strikes me apart from the exquisitely painted face is the texture of the cloak and also the shield. Go show them!!! Good luck but you don;t really need any luck. A good job is a good job!!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:30 am

Thanks a lot Brian, believe me that we'll be needing ALL the luck we can get (hemm ikollok bzonna iktar minn kullimkien emminni) we'll miss you this eve, and really would have been more then pleased for you to actually see this dude in the flesh so you'll witness the CRAPPY pics Sad

Take care.........

Ray affraid
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 am

Lovely Ray altough I DO think that the pics are not doing it jsutice especially on the reds Sad

But it looks GORGeous Smile

itching to see it tonight my friend =]

tc cya hf

Sam =}
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Ray wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:

Ray

Regards
    Noel

Stephen got a well desreved GOLD in 2007 and multiple Silvers before and after that, while Harold got Silvers as well and I am your inspiration mate Suspect still STUCK in the BRONZE AGE at Euro Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    Get a life and INSPIRE yourself from someone else please, it's for your own good I tell you veru Cool pirat

Ray affraid

Well the bronze age has just ended cheers cheers

And the gold has just begun cheers cheers

Wil alien
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:10 am

QUOTE:/ [Well the bronze age has just ended cheers cheers

And the gold has just begun cheers cheers