SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
iCocker
in nannu pec
bcauchi
skyhigh
Ray
9 posters

The Three Titans!!!

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

The Three Titans!!! Empty The Three Titans!!!

Post  Ray Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:41 pm

These 3 Busts, whom I named The Three Titans :)are currently on my Painting Work Bench as they are being done for Three Very Dear Old Workmates of mine, with whom I shared some GREAT MOMENTS in the "other life", that is, during my 7years Catering prior to my Police Service :)where we ALL Three worked at the same time at La Dolce Vita Restaurant, in St.Julians. I vowed to GET THEM READY, BEFORE ANYTHING (GOD FORBID PLEASE) happens to EITHER one of us & I will regret it, if I won't be the 1st one to GO DOWN SmileSmileSmile

So without any further ado, I will explain what they will each be in the Original Manufacturers' respective photos Smile

Stay tuned for more in the coming DAYS SmileSmileSmile

The Three Titans!!! 15268010
    1/10th Scale of Young Miniatures' bust of Captain Jack, from the film Master & Commaner...he will be depicted as he is, but ,with the nameplate reading Royal Navy Captain, Geatano Spiteri 1806. Getano Spiteri is a Seaman by birth & nature as he is the son of Men of the Seas & he has sailed some high & rough seas in his heydays  I'm sure he'll love this Ancestor of his who bore his same name way back in 1806  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

The Three Titans!!! 19752110
    Pegaso Models 1/10th Scale bust of a Spanish Armada Admiral...he will be depicted as he is, but named Jean de La Vallette 1565 as David Caruana, believes he is bred from the Grand Master's Blood Line  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

The Three Titans!!! 15071510
    Young Miniatures' 1/10th scale Bust of a Spartan...He's the ONLY one to undergo a Conversion/Transformation as he will be depicted as Poseiden/Neptune/Nettuno, the Greek God of the Seas  as requested by Daniel Cauchi the son of Michael  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

The Three Titans!!! Empty Re: The Three Titans!!!

Post  Ray Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:04 pm

1st UPDATE  Very Happy 

The Spartan TURNED into my Version of Poseidon/Neptune/Nettuno  I love you 

The Three Titans!!! 10155810

The Three Titans!!! 15269210

The Three Titans!!! 19770510

The Three Titans!!! 17808610

The Three Titans!!! 16070010

The Three Titans!!! 17947710

The Three Titans!!! 19477810

The Three Titans!!! 10152610

The Three Titans!!! 10171710

The Three Titans!!! 10157310
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Wow Ray now your talking...... master peace......... cheers 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Just my opinion Ray. Love the bust itself but not the bebbux on the base. Somehow they don;t look good, you make the rest of the project look a bit babyish. Just my opinion i repeat. The beauty of the bust calls for a more serious base.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:02 am

bcauchi wrote:Just my opinion Ray.  Love the bust itself but not the bebbux on the base.  Somehow they don;t look good, you make the rest of the project look a bit babyish.  Just my opinion i repeat.  The beauty of the bust calls for a more serious base.

Brian, you may be right as I somehow feel some of your "thoughts"  pale  pale  pale 

But.......there is NO TURNING BACK now as I am running out of time & keeping in mind he's gonna be a GIFT & I'm sure the beholder would look at the bust as a NOVELTY, which after all is the way I TRIED & TRY to see things.......not always RIGID & BORING & UNIFORM  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

He is MY VERSION of Poseidon as I said  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  I ended up with surplus of putty on 3 or 4 occasions as I tackled the hairdo & beard  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing & TOYED with the SEA SNAILS on the "seabed" &, the "StarFish & ShellFish Crown"  pale  pale  pale  & kind of "liked" or rather "I pitied throwing away the surplus putty & the effort & time I consumed" & WENT AHEAD & EMBEDDED them FOREVER  lol!  lol!  lol! 

ISSA LI HEMM HEMM Bri  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:47 am

OK as long as you are not offended by my criticism. It is not the stuff in his hair that put me off but the stuff on the base.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 am

Brilliant Bro ...this is going to be one piece to look forward to...Love it brother
    In nannu
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 am

bcauchi wrote:OK as long as you are not offended by my criticism. It is not the stuff in his hair that put me off but the stuff on the base.  

Not at ALL my dear Bro Brian  I love you I love you I love you 

You have every right to disagree & we all AGREE to DISAGREE don't we  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Life would be BORING STIFF if WE ALL ALWAYS AGREE XI DWEJJAQ u JAQQ  lol!  lol!  lol! 

He's all painted up & ready, but will reserve the photo session for later when they are ALL READY  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Wanted to get him out of the way sort of as he was the LEAST rigid & uniform & could go about employing an "unrestricted hand" like painting the "whites" of the eyes BLACK instead of WHITE to give him a SINISTER look, something which I learnt from a Fantasy Painting Book & thought of doing it since he's the GOD of the SEAS & thus dwells in the ABYSS of the SEAS  king  king  king 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:24 am

Marco & Nannu...Thank you for looking  I love you  I love you  I love you 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:14 pm

LOL ... enjoying this debate, though I understand that this subject is not a 'historical' figure I feel Ray let out his imaginitive flair on this one to be more artistic and continued to blend into the base ... [we already had a debate re varnishes about this haven't we ...] ... different colour and material somehow sometimes distract the overall impact ... so we await the final session ... keep them coming, I am more on the look out for Jean Smile
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:09 pm

iCocker wrote:LOL ... enjoying this debate, though I understand that this subject is not a 'historical' figure I feel Ray let out his imaginitive flair on this one to be more artistic and continued to blend into the base ... [we already had a debate re varnishes about this haven't we ...] ... different colour and material somehow sometimes distract the overall impact ... so we await the final session ... keep them coming, I am more on the look out for Jean Smile

Thanks for looking Ivan  Twisted Evil 

Both Jean & Jack WILL BE PAINTED AS THEY ARE DEPICTED ON THEIR RESPECTIVE BOX ARTS, so save your look out for something more challenging  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

I SPRAYED & WILL BE SPRAYING  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  WILL indicate where & what & how when the painting STOPS & photo sessions START  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:20 pm

2 Down, 1 to Go  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Poseidon or Neptune or Nettuno & Jean de La Valette ARE READY  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I WILL REMOVE THE CROISSANT & THE BIG HARJA (the boat shaped) & THE 3 SMALL HARJIET from the "Seabed"  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 

Will simulate just a "Sea Surface" instead   Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow 

Brian, you fuelled my "suppressed fire"  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Joseph fed it even more when he saw them HARJIET & CROISSANT supposedly painted up  pale  pale  pale 

Ray ir-Relax echoed the Fire just a while ago at Club  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 

I will post pics of them painted putty manipulated shit & croissant items just for kicks when I take all pics   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:24 am

YESSSSS!! Prosit man, i know it is up to you to do things your way but coming from your able hands i only expect the best and in my opinion, that stuff put your work down and not up to your usual meticulously high standard. Glad you saw the light. At least i was not totally off the mark since others agreed with me. Ghalhekk tajbin ahna man!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 am

bcauchi wrote:YESSSSS!!  Prosit man, i know it is up to you to do things your way but coming from your able hands i only expect the best and in my opinion, that stuff put your work down and not up to your usual meticulously high standard.  Glad you saw the light.  At least i was not totally off the mark since others agreed with me.  Ghalhekk tajbin ahna man!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Morn Bri  Twisted Evil 

SSM...We are The Best of The Best  cheers cheers cheers 
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:43 am

Bongu to you too Ray, have a good day.
    Robert
    Robert
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Robert Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 pm

wow RAY !!!!
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

The Three Titans!!! Empty Me too...

Post  Dottore Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 am

I don't like the bebbux...one looks like a croissant and others like a fresh turd! I would just remove them!

The figure itself is awesome as always!

Dottore
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:14 am

ok ... now that you realized....... I was afraid to tell you my opinion on the snails..... and how they looked like poop!  But that is all over now and prosit for the bust.... great as always.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Dottore wrote:I don't like the bebbux...one looks like a croissant and others like a fresh turd! I would just remove them!

The figure itself is awesome as always!

Dottore

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

HAVE YOU READ MY POST RE REMOVING THEM CROISSANT look alike & HARJIET look alikes OR???????

lol! lol! lol! 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Ray wrote:2 Down, 1 to Go  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Poseidon or Neptune or Nettuno & Jean de La Valette ARE READY  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I WILL REMOVE THE CROISSANT & THE BIG HARJA (the boat shaped) & THE 3 SMALL HARJIET from the "Seabed"  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol! 

Will simulate just a "Sea Surface" instead   Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow  Arrow 

Brian, you fuelled my "suppressed fire"  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Joseph fed it even more when he saw them HARJIET & CROISSANT supposedly painted up  pale  pale  pale 

Ray ir-Relax echoed the Fire just a while ago at Club  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect 

I will post pics of them painted putty manipulated shit & croissant items just for kicks when I take all pics   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Here it is AGAIN for the BENEFIT of THOSE "ELITE" who MOCK POOR PEOPLE WHO WRITE LIKE MY POOR MA on FB  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:ok ... now that you realized....... I was afraid to tell you my opinion on the snails..... and how they looked like poop!  But that is all over now and prosit for the bust.... great as always.

Cheers Noel  cheers Laughing cheers Laughing cheers Laughing cheers  
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Time to hijack this thread for the good of everyone and especially to maintain the high level of our modeling. I do not think anyone should refrain from criticism. What good is the forum if all we write are nice words and no critique whatsoever? When one thinks that something is not right and should or can be done better, it should be stated out. NO ONE should be offended by diverse opinion or constructive criticism if it is put forward politely. That, I think is the way to be more successful. Anyone who gets offended should not post on any thread. The main reason for posting should be for others to see what you are doing and possibly gain something from it, to check out your work and also comment. If we are as mature as we always say we are, then criticism should be welcome and a way to better our level. End of hijack story.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:08 pm

bcauchi wrote:Time to hijack this thread for the good of everyone and especially to maintain the high level of our modeling. I do not think anyone should refrain from criticism. What good is the forum if all we write are nice words and no critique whatsoever?  When one thinks that something is not right and should or can be done better, it should be stated out.  NO ONE should be offended by diverse opinion or constructive criticism if it is put forward politely.  That, I think is the way to be more successful.  Anyone who gets offended should not post on any thread. The main reason for posting should be for others to see what you are doing and possibly gain something from it, to check out your work and also comment.  If we are as mature as we always say we are, then criticism should be welcome and a way to better our level.  End of hijack story.

Very Very Very VALID POINT Brian to which I may add that I TOOK/TAKE ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM WITH THE SAME CONSTRUCTIVE VIEW  bounce bounce bounce 

HIJACK AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BRIAN  cheers 

YOU & A VERY SELECTED FEW ARE MORE THAN WELCOME to this PRIVILAGE on my threads  lol!  lol!  lol! 
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

The Three Titans!!! Empty God forbid...

Post  Dottore Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:36 pm

I cant criticize Ray constructively the few and widely spaced times I feel I must...naqlalu ftit h*** pjacir uniku Smile

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:30 pm

THEY ARE READY ALL THREE 3 TITANS  cheers cheers cheers 

I'LL BRING THEM OVER ONLY THIS EVE AS THEY WILL BE DELIVERED THIS FRIDAY GOD WILLING Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I'll be bringing over the Sargent again for the benefit of Stephen I love you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am