A storm is coming............................

    Share

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 pm




    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 45
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Tancred on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:52 pm

    Suspect

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Ray on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 pm

    Cool IFO JF cheers

    Is this a hybrid of some sort? I mean did you cut wherever on a couple of aircraft and came up with this, or is it a Fantasy kit per se?

    Either or I really like it and like in everything else Fantasy, it does take your mind off uniformology and you can use your IMAGINATION literally SKY HIGH Twisted Evil

    Keep it flying Cool

    Ray affraid

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:46 pm

    Ray wrote:Cool IFO JF cheers

    Is this a hybrid of some sort? I mean did you cut wherever on a couple of aircraft and came up with this, or is it a Fantasy kit per se?

    Either or I really like it and like in everything else Fantasy, it does take your mind off uniformology and you can use your IMAGINATION literally SKY HIGH Twisted Evil

    Keep it flying Cool

    Ray affraid


    No it ain't a hybrid, though the idea of building up one from different aircraft has lounged in my mind for some time now, but would have to find the courage to cut of aircraft. Anyway it is a Sci-fi kit from Hasegawa in 1/48th from the series Macross Plus. It is an evolution from the Super Dimension Fortress Macross better known in the western world as Robotech. The range of mechanised weapons in these series is vast and there is a lot of choice for the imagination to go wild.

    This is a quite cool project, something that is relaxing and as you said a break from uniformity, and if and really wishing that the other 2 configurations of this particular model comes out i will definitly do them.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Ray on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

    Definitely go ahead and do them (the other 2) and also do find the strenght to make another from the "scrap yard" at least, something which has lurked at the back of my mind as well re a fantasy figure from my "grey army" Laughing

    Ray affraid

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  alexbb on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:58 pm

    i love these japanese sci fi
    and these do help ease out the stress of the authenticity syndrome so please keep them comming

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4062
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm

    Nice model Joe, i like it. It looks mean and businesslike. I have a very nice kit of the USS Enterprise from Star Trek which i would love to build one day. I have opened the box many times but never actually put paint to plastic or glue to plastic. i am dying to do it. It is the fibre optic version and in the end you will have a lot of lit portholes showing as tiny dots of light. It should be really cool. i hope to find the time one day.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

    alex wrote:i love these japanese sci fi
    and these do help ease out the stress of the authenticity syndrome so please keep them comming

    I agree with you as it is a welcome break from the headaches of authenticity, and i must admit that i got hooked by it. I think that i will order the valkyrie, the only thing is that it is 1/72nd but i think i will.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

    brian, you should do it. It looks mean and it is and you should see these mecha when they are in gerwalk and batteriod modes, they are even more meaner and aggressive looking.

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Ray on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:38 am

    bcauchi wrote:Nice model Joe, i like it. It looks mean and businesslike. I have a very nice kit of the USS Enterprise from Star Trek which i would love to build one day. I have opened the box many times but never actually put paint to plastic or glue to plastic. i am dying to do it. It is the fibre optic version and in the end you will have a lot of lit portholes showing as tiny dots of light. It should be really cool. i hope to find the time one day.

    Brian what are you waiting for???????? Start it mate in between the two 110's just to stretch your legs and fingers lol!

    Ray affraid

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4062
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  bcauchi on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 am

    You are really tempting me. Trouble is space i only work in a 2 ft x 1 ft space and there is not even room for the box of the 110. And i have two of those. They are stacked on top of each other. the Enterprise has an even bigger box. if i had my own workshop i would just start it and go to it when i can but at the moment, i just cannot afford having another huge box opened. i might go to it after these two models i am building before i start working on some allied planes.

    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1165
    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Age : 51
    Location : Fgura, Malta

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  RayCaruana on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 am

    Ejja Bri...looking forward cheers

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Ray on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:05 pm

    bcauchi wrote:You are really tempting me. Trouble is space i only work in a 2 ft x 1 ft space and there is not even room for the box of the 110. And i have two of those. They are stacked on top of each other. the Enterprise has an even bigger box. if i had my own workshop i would just start it and go to it when i can but at the moment, i just cannot afford having another huge box opened. i might go to it after these two models i am building before i start working on some allied planes.

    Brian, that is well thought as well re going for the Enterprise after you finish the two Me110's as you would be needing a HOLIDAY BREAK like bread and water Laughing

    Ray affraid

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Enterprise...

    Post  in nannu pec on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

    WOULD love to see that Brian.....ejja halli we have two enterprises at the club.....a seaship and a space ship !!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
    In nannu pec What a Face

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Major painting finished

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:33 pm


    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

    Posts : 342
    Join date : 2009-08-15
    Location : Zurrieq

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  William on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm

    WoW affraid affraid affraid

    This is coming along great cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Ray on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 am

    Very nice JF cheers

    Hope this BUG bites some more SSM Brethren Twisted Evil

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4062
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  bcauchi on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:23 am

    Beautiful Joe, that is a real cool machine, looking really nice and attractive, not so sci-fi, it looks very close to some of the jets which are being developed. Good choice.

    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 54
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  slingshot392 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:36 am

    That is really nice! I love the subtle shading.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

    slingshot392 wrote:That is really nice! I love the subtle shading.


    Thanks, weathering should a bit heavy on this one.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  Guest on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 pm

    Macross! Amazing work! I used to love the series/games! I loved the way they turned into mecha robots. Has you attempted mechas yet? I can't seem to find any in the forum.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:56 pm

    Yanov wrote:Macross! Amazing work! I used to love the series/games! I loved the way they turned into mecha robots. Has you attempted mechas yet? I can't seem to find any in the forum.

    thanks. I haven't done anything else apart this one which is still yet to be finished. I have the valkyrie as well but in very early stages, but both on in fighter configuration. Hasegawa got quite a range in 72nd, hope that the will do them in 1/48th as well and they do they I will sure build them

    jojjemannen
    Admin

    Posts : 430
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 38
    Location : Getinge

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  jojjemannen on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:29 pm

    looks like a SU-47 Berkut.. Smile

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    Re: A storm is coming............................

    Post  J.Fenech on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 pm

    I guess you are right as they do have similar features. The YF-19 is from macross plus, the series was released in 1994, while the Su-47 first flight was in 1997.

    J.Fenech
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2103
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 42
    Location : MALTA - South

    decal + wash ready

    Post  J.Fenech on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm




    decals + wash ready, next more weathering.

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:22 pm