SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Joseph
iCocker
AdriaN
RayCaruana
bcauchi
skyhigh
in nannu pec
William
Dottore
Noel Petroni
alexbb
jojjemannen
Ray
17 posters

What does your workshop look like?

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does your workshop look like?

Post  Ray Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Brian that rabbit would look much better fried and served on a plate with chips and a Maltese loaf nearby lol!

Joking apart, you've got a very compact but busy workshop with a nice view of the heavenly modelling weather....RAIN AGAINST your window cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Empty Re: What does your workshop look like?

Post  bcauchi Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I love that little guy, he is meant to be my daughter's but is my constant modelling companion. He is about 9 years old now. You need to come over some time Marco, it has been too long. I love the rain, it is the modeller's best friend.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Very neat, Brian! And very compact too!

I love your view and I also agree that the rain is a modellers friend......plus a cup of tea!

I thought the rabbit was cat! Very Happy

Regards
    Noel
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 pm

ADRIANS DEN

Your all gonna get a shock! i probably have the CLEANEST desk in the world. On the opposite, instead of cleaning up my desk for the photo, I DELIBERATELY, TRIED to DIRTY it up Embarassed Embarassed

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6813

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6814

Airbrushing den in garage
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6816

Home built extractor, which i wonder if is of any good?
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6815
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Brilliant Adrian, you sure use your den and it looks really well used. I love the mayhem. Probably you are the only one who knows exactly where everything is.
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:56 pm

bcauchi wrote:Brilliant Adrian, you sure use your den and it looks really well used. I love the mayhem. Probably you are the only one who knows exactly where everything is.

mayhem? what mayhem, if its clean? Razz Razz
    Yes each item has its own place Wink
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:17 pm

AdriaN wrote:ADRIANS DEN

Your all gonna get a shock! i probably have the CLEANEST desk in the world. On the opposite, instead of cleaning up my desk for the photo, I DELIBERATELY, TRIED to DIRTY it up Embarassed Embarassed

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6813

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6814

Airbrushing den in garage
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6816

Home built extractor, which i wonder if is of any good?
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Img_6815

MAKES ME FEEL AT HOME
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 am

After having seen your dens, it's time to include my contribution - especially since I unknowingly caused this thread!

I must state at the outset that I always clean up after use so I tried to take these photos 'during' work not after. I must admit that I can never work in Tiny's set-up or on Adrian's paint bench! I would feel more at home at Noel's and Brian.

Just finished spraying these multiple components - haven't cleaned up yet!
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1035
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1036

A very busy table with work in progress...

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1043
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1038
    ...just finished gloss varnishing these 3 Fw190's.

In other parts of the workshop, models in various stages of construction...What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1039

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1044

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1045

And finally, a selection of the stash... about 20% of the unmade collection!
    What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Dscf1042
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:34 am

And where is that clinic!!!????? Do you need to wear protective clothing and masks to work in there just in case you contaminate the area? How can you feel at home in my workspace Aldo, sitting at my desk would seem to be as if you are sitting in the middle of Maghtab next to your workshop.
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 am

bcauchi wrote:And where is that clinic!!!????? Do you need to wear protective clothing and masks to work in there just in case you contaminate the area? How can you feel at home in my workspace Aldo, sitting at my desk would seem to be as if you are sitting in the middle of Maghtab next to your workshop.

Believe me Brian, it's not as clean as it looks. It's just... organised. My tools are all in boxes on a hidden lower table surface so I don't have clutter. The white surfaces help and I use disposable A2 paper so when a spraying session is over, I just remove the top layer and it's a clean surface again.

And then, I think working in 72nd scale helps. Scirocco's workshop is quite clean too, so there must be something "scale related". Somehow, I don't think I have convinced everyone...
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 am

That is an impressive workarea! I can see that you have planned that room into the last detail! I love that paint stand that you have and the top notch organization, not only when it comes to the paints but that you have labels for all models.

WOW!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:59 am

It is unnaturally clean. Don't you ever knock a tin of paint over? I do that about once a fortnight. Meta taqbizlek becasue the airbrush acts up, don;t you start spraying everything you see? Your cutting mats are pristine, everything is pristine, even the dust is scared to get anywhere near your workshop. The spotlessness is amazing. It is clinical. And the organization is maddening. You have labels for everything, even works in progress. Truly amazing. I think that you are really organized, clean, calm and should be an example to everyone.
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

bcauchi wrote:It is unnaturally clean. Don't you ever knock a tin of paint over? I do that about once a fortnight. Meta taqbizlek becasue the airbrush acts up, don;t you start spraying everything you see? Your cutting mats are pristine, everything is pristine, even the dust is scared to get anywhere near your workshop. The spotlessness is amazing. It is clinical. And the organization is maddening. You have labels for everything, even works in progress. Truly amazing. I think that you are really organized, clean, calm and should be an example to everyone.

No, I rarely knock over paint jars but I do get frequent cellulose thinner showers. I use cardboard mats over the green mats when sanding or using superglue. They are underneath the green mats so it's no big deal finding them. When they get dirty, I just replace.

I must have labels! You see when a commercial job comes in, it is usually required yesterday so I have to clear the area in minutes and then go back to my models when the job is done and collected. Ix-xoghol jghallmek!

Thanks for the compliments Tiny!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Aldo

Do not tell me you fill a job card for each model you make? Shocked

Man in the next life you should be a surgeon!!!

Iv
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 pm

iCocker wrote:Aldo

Do not tell me you fill a job card for each model you make? Shocked

Man in the next life you should be a surgeon!!!

Iv

Iv, I have to raise a job card for every model to keep track of paint used and other details. Remember I do runs of 6, 8 or 12 versions of the same model! It can be very complicated without records! Sorry...
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Gesus christ!
    When i look at your workshop all what i see is each item in quadtriples!
    Each box is in quadtriples, each model is in quadtriples.... may i ask, why do you have the same box 5,9,10 times? and models? Shocked

Your lucky your wife allows you to take up a room, and didnt steal 'your room' and converted it into a washing room or clothing room or 'storage' room Razz Razz you must have spent a fortune on this room Sad

Did you buy an entire paint stack too!!??? affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Empty maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post  in nannu pec Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:37 pm

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How on earth do you manage to keep your workshop that clean and organized... affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
    Well that's Aldo I have known you for donkey years my friend and you were always perfect and incredibly meticilous in everything.....
    A leopard never changes its spots.....SmileSmileSmile
    Nice den and modelling pad Aldo....never expected anything else SmileSmileSmile
    in nannu pec What a Face
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Adrian,

Its not a question if your wife allows you to take a room and convert it into your den, but one must, if space is available, convert a room into his den. When I was designing my house the first room that I planned was the modelling room and it was accepted as it is from day one. On the other hand your wife has to look at the bright side of things, i.e. she has one room less to clean Smile , during my free time I will stay in my room and not roaming around dirtying the house Smile or during the night she knows that I am well within her reach and not outside exposing myself to all the perils and devilish things the world can offer Smile and other 1000 reasons to have your own room Smile

On the other had if I had to leave my room as it is yours, no offence here, she would surely drive me crazy with her grumbling Smile

I hope my wife never reads this post lol! lol!
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

Post  jojjemannen Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Joseph wrote:Adrian,

Its not a question if your wife allows you to take a room and convert it into your den, but one must, if space is available, convert a room into his den. When I was designing my house the first room that I planned was the modelling room and it was accepted as it is from day one. On the other hand your wife has to look at the bright side of things, i.e. she has one room less to clean Smile , during my free time I will stay in my room and not roaming around dirtying the house Smile or during the night she knows that I am well within her reach and not outside exposing myself to all the perils and devilish things the world can offer Smile and other 1000 reasons to have your own room Smile

On the other had if I had to leave my room as it is yours, no offence here, she would surely drive me crazy with her grumbling Smile

I hope my wife never reads this post lol! lol!

I read on another forum; "My wife made me chose between her or my models, she is now my ex-wife".
    So you have an accepting wife!

/Tiny
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

AdriaN wrote:Gesus christ!
    When i look at your workshop all what i see is each item in quadtriples!
    Each box is in quadtriples, each model is in quadtriples.... may i ask, why do you have the same box 5,9,10 times? and models? Shocked

Your lucky your wife allows you to take up a room, and didnt steal 'your room' and converted it into a washing room or clothing room or 'storage' room Razz Razz you must have spent a fortune on this room Sad

Did you buy an entire paint stack too!!??? affraid

Yes Ad, I tend to get by the dozen - but I was in the business for some years so there is an advantage with wholesale prices...

My wife has a couple of floors for herself, and besides when I met her, I was already making a living making models. We only have a match for storage space for my (other 80%) models and her stuff but so far never any problems.

The paint rack is actually half the stock - I bought out the Compucolor range for peanuts when the agent gave up on selling it! But now I use car paint...

Have avoided photos of the showcase. That should get a few comments!
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Empty Impressed...

Post  Dottore Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Back from Paris just tonight...
    Catching up with all the posts....

Man I thought the view of the splendidly lit Eiffel tower at night was great...but MAN oh MAN Aldo your den/workshop is a contender for one of the 7 wopnders of the modern world. And that show case with a production line of planes awaiting their turn at the booth!!!!

Simply AMAZING!!!! (tried in vain to look for an emoticon to describe my feelings)

Dottore
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 am

Dottore dear, thank you for the comparison but I think you are being too generous. And incidentally, that is not the showcase. Was going to leave that but what the hell... here are a couple of shots of my 42 sq.m. of shelf space most of which is obviously still empty!

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Side10

What does your workshop look like? - Page 4 Back10

Next week, I'll post a couple of shots of the other side of the workshop. The ones I posted so far are of the middle part.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:07 am

Kemm hi bis-sens Aldo, you have really made good use of an otherwise useless space which normally just gathers dust. I envy you becasue i am running out of space at an alarming rate. In fact i still do not know where i am going to put these two 110's i am building. I might put them up for sale!!! Just joking of course.
    Aldo
    Aldo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Aldo Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 am

bcauchi wrote:Kemm hi bis-sens Aldo, you have really made good use of an otherwise useless space which normally just gathers dust. I envy you becasue i am running out of space at an alarming rate. In fact i still do not know where i am going to put these two 110's i am building. I might put them up for sale!!! Just joking of course.

I can rent you the shelf space! Joking too but true, the wife wanted to put another setee under the stairs and I said "screw the setee", that place is best utilised for exhibition purposes. And it is a clear declaration to visitors that this is what I do!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 am

Just send me the tariffs for renting out one level of glass shelves. I am desperate!!! Consider it to be a long leave unless you manage to complete so many models that you will evict me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am