New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Share

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 pm

    http://www.ak-interactive.com/

    a new company born from the hands of F.Vallejo but already promising material, and looks like same top brass are again behind the ingredients!

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Ray on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

    iCocker wrote:http://www.ak-interactive.com/

    a new company born from the hands of F.Vallejo but already promising material, and looks like same top brass are again behind the ingredients!

    Ivan

    Looks tempting Ivan......however I find it a bit ODD that they reverted to ENAMELS when everything/everyone seems to be going towards the ACRYLICS Shocked

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:17 pm

    The old school is still good and versitile, many still use enemels for weathering effects ... so that might be the idea behind these products!

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  alexbb on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 pm

    iCocker wrote:The old school is still good and versitile, many still use enemels for weathering effects ... so that might be the idea behind these products!

    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH IVAN HERE TAKE A LOOK AT MARIO ENS's award winning masterpeices. this guy has no predilection for any single style he adapts and adopts to his whims

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:45 am

    Can i ask a simple question? Necessity forces me to look for acrylic paints. Which is the way to go, Andrea or Vallejo? And where do you guys order yours from?


    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 am

    bcauchi wrote:Can i ask a simple question? Necessity forces me to look for acrylic paints. Which is the way to go, Andrea or Vallejo? And where do you guys order yours from?


    If for painting models first preference for me remain Tamiya or Gunze Sangyo [which are not proper acrylics and neither enemels], they are the best for airbrush with the proper mixer. Then next in line is Lifecolour [excellent range for RAL and FS colours], then Valleya Air or Andrea.

    If for brushwork bought Vallejo and Andrea are very good, though i prefer Andrea as pigment is matt. Though again Valleja have a vaster range of colour spectrum and choice. IMHO, then it's up to once preferance

    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

    Thanks Ivan for widening the range even more. Where do you get yours from? and what do you use as thinner that is the question i am asking myself so much.

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:12 pm

    From ebay, Luckymodels and when I am abroad and find some ... that is thanks to our local Tamiya rapresentative!


    For Tamiya I use isopro alcahol and Tamiya Laquer thinner [yellow cap].


    Hope it helps mate, I will assure you that when you get hold of and the smell you get addictive and will foget enemels for spraying Twisted Evil


    Forgot, Lifecolours with water, from UK you can get them from http://www.airbrushes.com/

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  alexbb on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 pm

    iCocker wrote:From ebay, Luckymodels and when I am abroad and find some ... that is thanks to our local Tamiya rapresentative!


    For Tamiya I use isopro alcahol and Tamiya Laquer thinner [yellow cap].


    Hope it helps mate, I will assure you that when you get hold of and the smell you get addictive and will foget enemels for spraying Twisted Evil


    Forgot, Lifecolours with water, from UK you can get them from http://www.airbrushes.com/

    ivan and brian this guy stocks lifecolour thinner in 250ml which is ideal for the paints and as me and tankred already know he is very reliable

    http://www.jbmodel.eu/


    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4063
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : St. Julian's

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  bcauchi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 pm

    Thanks guys i guess it is now just up to me to choose and order what i need. Thanks again. Brian

    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 621
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 48
    Location : Zurrieq - Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Joseph on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:56 pm

    For WWI I use MisterKit acrylics thinned with alcohol, also he stocks a very good range of WWII colours.

    This is the site and yes the smell is so sweet that it is adictive.

    http://www.misterkit.com/catalog/index.php

    Tancred
    Admin

    Posts : 1078
    Join date : 2009-07-20
    Age : 45
    Location : Attard, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Tancred on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:29 pm


    I got used to Vallejo Air I love you, but there is no smell to get addicted to and I get them from http://snmstuff.co.uk/default.aspx. They are diluted with their own Model Air thinner. For weathering apart from Mig products I've also used the Lifecolor Tensocrom and found them very good! Cool


    _________________
    "Ghamel kollox bis-serjeta', imma tiehux kollox bis-serjeta"

    Tankred afro

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Ray on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm

    Thanks to ALL for the valuable info.....absorbing everything at the moment since as I said on the Butterfly Princess' thread I have not sprayed since the other life and everything is NEW to me Sad

    Re Vallejo Air, on the Snmstuff website, they say that they are READY to USE from the bottle, and if need be, could be diluted a bit more with water, so, I did not order any thinner Shocked YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE OR Sad ???????

    Without any smell Sad ??????? That is the first let down since there are OPTIONS for that intoxicating smell Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Julio (again pronounced Hulio as Sammy would shoot us ALL) Cabos mixes the Andrea (normal colours) with 60% water and 40% Gunze Sagno thinner Shocked

    Anyway, as I said, this is ALL NEW to ME, as if I was on board a spaceship bound for Mars and suddenly I pulled the bell (bhal tal-linja) and I got spit out on earth lol! MA NAFX X'LAQATNI lol!

    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 1710
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 55

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  alexbb on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:14 pm

    Ray wrote:Thanks to ALL for the valuable info.....absorbing everything at the moment since as I said on the Butterfly Princess' thread I have not sprayed since the other life and everything is NEW to me Sad

    Re Vallejo Air, on the Snmstuff website, they say that they are READY to USE from the bottle, and if need be, could be diluted a bit more with water, so, I did not order any thinner Shocked YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE OR Sad ???????

    Without any smell Sad ??????? That is the first let down since there are OPTIONS for that intoxicating smell Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Julio (again pronounced Hulio as Sammy would shoot us ALL) Cabos mixes the Andrea (normal colours) with 60% water and 40% Gunze Sagno thinner Shocked

    Anyway, as I said, this is ALL NEW to ME, as if I was on board a spaceship bound for Mars and suddenly I pulled the bell (bhal tal-linja) and I got spit out on earth lol! MA NAFX X'LAQATNI lol!

    ray i do have valejo thinner which i do not use just in case you need it

    remember ray when the time comes you will have to pay the ferryman
    sakemm ma nerquhiex id daghjsa jien u int lol! lol! lol!

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:54 am

    The problem with acrylic and lacquer thinner remains the consistency of thinning. Water and compressor air helps the process to be faster which can benefit in clogging in the brush head area and worst it can back fires. To solve this you have to add some alcohol or lacquer thinner. Apart it thins the pigmenet to a very smooth finish, and benefit to work in very low pressure to achieve thin lines. The problem remains that Vallejo does not adhere that much to alcohol and have to work more with water, so again having a sauna ambience and humid over 90 spraying in summer is a nightmare! It is news to me that thinners are mixed with Andreas, and if J.Cabo use it so it's good : )


    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Ray on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 pm

    alex wrote:
    Ray wrote:Thanks to ALL for the valuable info.....absorbing everything at the moment since as I said on the Butterfly Princess' thread I have not sprayed since the other life and everything is NEW to me Sad

    Re Vallejo Air, on the Snmstuff website, they say that they are READY to USE from the bottle, and if need be, could be diluted a bit more with water, so, I did not order any thinner Shocked YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE OR Sad ???????

    Without any smell Sad ??????? That is the first let down since there are OPTIONS for that intoxicating smell Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    Julio (again pronounced Hulio as Sammy would shoot us ALL) Cabos mixes the Andrea (normal colours) with 60% water and 40% Gunze Sagno thinner Shocked

    Anyway, as I said, this is ALL NEW to ME, as if I was on board a spaceship bound for Mars and suddenly I pulled the bell (bhal tal-linja) and I got spit out on earth lol! MA NAFX X'LAQATNI lol!

    ray i do have valejo thinner which i do not use just in case you need it

    remember ray when the time comes you will have to pay the ferryman
    sakemm ma nerquhiex id daghjsa jien u int lol! lol! lol!

    Alex, you;re an ANGEL cheers

    I intend to use NORMAL Vallejo's using their thinner and see what is the outcome lol! so please if you're coming tomorrow bring it over Mr.Ferryman king

    I also plan to try it out with Andrea's Shocked what the heck Twisted Evil if Gunze's thinner which I presume is for acrylics as used by Julio Cabos, works with Andrea's, why does Vallejo thinner should not pale

    We'll wait and see affraid

    Still waiting for the Vallejo Air to arrive and compressor to be mounted and spray painted (by me) lol!

    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 3172
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 42
    Location : Marsascala, Malta

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  iCocker on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 pm

    Gunzo thinner is lacquer based, Vallejo is not ... so it is very strange that Cabos use that to mix ... we need to experiment. On the other hand Vallejo's is specially maid for their pigment so it should work fine. Checking on their catalogue it is meant for their Air range, so if using normal Vallejo, thin them very well.

    Ivan

    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: New line of modelling weathering products ...

    Post  Ray on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 pm

    A 40% water + 60% Gunze
    Sangyo solvent are mixed
    in the airbrush cup.

    This is a copy and paste of Julio Cabos words on the Andrea's pdf Laughing

    Sorry I was quoting the wrong mix that is 60% water + 40% Gunze Sangjo solvent forgive me Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

    My intention of using normal Vallejo's is mainly for the flesh mix, as Vallejo Air have only one flesh colour Twisted Evil and if they dry flat matt, I would hate to spray any clear satin Shocked

    Yes I know that the Vallejo solvent is made for the Vallejo Air if need be as they can be sprayed directly from the bottle.

    Anyway, we need to experiment Ivan I guess What a Face Suspect

    I'm really geared up to RESTART SPRAYING as if I'm starting in the hobby just NOW pale

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 pm