SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
bcauchi
jojjemannen
Ray
7 posters

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Empty more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6

Post  Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Eduard 1/48th Tempest

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4111

Trumpeter Sea Fury 1/48th
    more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4112
    more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4113

Trumpeter Shenjang FT-6
    more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4114
    more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4115
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Empty Re: more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6

Post  Ray Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 pm

The engine ALL REVVED up as usual JF.......always an INSPIRATION to see your grey assembly line taking colour cheers
    jojjemannen
    jojjemannen
    Admin

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Empty Re: more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6

Post  jojjemannen Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Ray wrote:The engine ALL REVVED up as usual JF.......always an INSPIRATION to see your grey assembly line taking colour cheers

Can't do more then agree with you Ray..

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Empty Tempest - major paint work finished

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:28 pm

next is going to be a good solid gloss coat and onto decals.

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4116

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Img_4117
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Looks GREAT JF.....nothing UNUSUAL I guess and yes the WOW factor runs very high on this one as well cheers

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm

thanks for the WOW Twisted Evil just a small update
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Prosit, brilliant neat job once again. Your finish is impeccable as usual.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Very neat paint job! Well done!

Do the black & white lines on the bottom of the wings mean that this plane is in a Normandy invasion setting?

Regards
    Noel

Post  Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:Very neat paint job! Well done!

Do the black & white lines on the bottom of the wings mean that this plane is in a Normandy invasion setting?

Regards
    Noel

Thanks. Re the black/white lines, they have nothing to do with the normandy landings, although they are similar in appearance, the black portions are actually narrower than the white. Normandy Stripes where usually roughly applied and more or less of equal size, to the wings tops/ bottom, fuselage in various combinations. The stripes on this particular Tempest were actually initially applied to Typhoons as recognition markings for anti-aircraft gunners, the typhoon was being mistaken for a Fw190. In retrospect, I think a should have made the white portions a tad wider.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Beautifull work as always JF ..and yes I say WOW for the incridible finish... cheers affraid
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Joseph,

Are you sure that the Sea Fury undercarriage bays were sky in colour? Trumpeter says that they are silver, but the photos I found seems to suggest more that they were sky, and that's what I was going to finish them in also. Sea furies in musuems also tend towards a sky finish but I do not trust these as there are several aircraft in museums that are painted incorrectly!
    By the way, I cannot but add to praise your work, and the varied choice of subjects as well! I wish they scale down that Shenyang to 72nd some day.

Regards,
    Gordon.

Post  Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Scirocco wrote:Joseph,

Are you sure that the Sea Fury undercarriage bays were sky in colour? Trumpeter says that they are silver, but the photos I found seems to suggest more that they were sky, and that's what I was going to finish them in also. Sea furies in musuems also tend towards a sky finish but I do not trust these as there are several aircraft in museums that are painted incorrectly!
    By the way, I cannot but add to praise your work, and the varied choice of subjects as well! I wish they scale down that Shenyang to 72nd some day.

Regards,
    Gordon.

thanks for the comment. From the pictures I have seen, the wheel well/doors look to have been the underside color (sky), with the wheel hub/leg in aluminium. Other fleet air arm fighters of the same era, namely the wyvern and seahawk, according to the reference I came across had the wheel wells/door painted in sky with wheel hubs/leg in aluminium. In this case I went by an educated guess using the pictures avaliable and from what was used on other aircraft of the era, including hawker aircraft.

p.s. - searching the web did not provide a complete confirmation about the sea fury wheel bay color, as the stated colors range from bare metal, to zinc chromate yellow and underside color (sky).

Last edited by J.Fenech on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Regards,
    Gordon.

This may be a post war pic and not a restored aircraft, and the door looks green with aluminum hubs...

more work in progress - Tempest, Sea Fury and shenjang FT-6 Hawker10
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:41 am

skyhigh wrote:

Regards,
    Gordon.

This may be a post war pic and not a restored aircraft, and the door looks green with aluminum hubs...

the picture is from the 60"s+ onwards THERES A WHITE MINI IN THE BACKGROUND I WONDER HOW YOU MISSED THAT

BTW joseph you never cease to amaze me
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 am

alex wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:

Regards,
    Gordon.

the picture is from the 60"s+ onwards THERES A WHITE MINI IN THE BACKGROUND I WONDER HOW YOU MISSED THAT

BTW joseph you never cease to amaze me

Marco what's happening to you Sad ?

Twice in a row you blundered Sad

If it was me I WOULD UNDERSTAND Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 am