SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Scirocco
clioguy
6 posters

Silent compressor

clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Silent compressor Empty Silent compressor

Post  clioguy Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Looking to buy a silent compressor instead of my noisy and bulky 25L compressor.

Was looking on ebay and found this one: LINKY

What do you guys think? Or maybe someone has a second hand compressor for sale?

Thanks
    Duncan
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Silent compressor Empty Re: Silent compressor

Post  Scirocco Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I have just received that same compressor this week but at the moment I do have time to try it with an airbrush. Overall it seems good value for money, and while not perfectly silent it makes very little noise, and can be safely run at night without waking up the neighbours. I bought it for the same price but paid 15GBP shipping by courier.
    LINK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SINGLE-CYLINDER-PISTON-AIRBRUSH-COMPRESSOR-TANK-II-/270769894465?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3f0b24b441

Last edited by Scirocco on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 pm

I think it is very good value for money , from here model shop last time I asked them for such comp , they told me 379 and 410 euros .....of course they told me they are totally silent...........
    Maxi_Model
    Maxi_Model
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  Maxi_Model Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

Some years ago I made myself a home made very silent compressor, which wasn't so expensive. All you need are the following:

1. Fire Extinguisher or Scuba air cylinder (for reservoir) not very large ones though.
    2. Freezer compressor (from an old freezer)
    3. Non return valve
    4. pressure switch (to stop compressor when desired pressure is reached in reservoire)
    5. pressure gauge
    6. pressure regulator
    7. water filter
    8. connectors

I guess with pro model builders like you all are, it won't be difficult to assemble something like this Wink
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 am

i bought this about two years ago:

http://shop.wiltec.info/product_info.php/info/p3953_Airbrush-Kompressor-Tank-Modell-AS189-Wasserabscheider---Druckminderer.html

Highly silent. I attached a professional gravity fed airbrush and the compressor acted different from when a basic badger airbrush did. I am suspecting that i need to re adjust the pressure regulator.
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:05 pm

el manolo wrote:i bought this about two years ago:

http://shop.wiltec.info/product_info.php/info/p3953_Airbrush-Kompressor-Tank-Modell-AS189-Wasserabscheider---Druckminderer.html

Highly silent. I attached a professional gravity fed airbrush and the compressor acted different from when a basic badger airbrush did. I am suspecting that i need to re adjust the pressure regulator.

Why should a compressor act differently when changing an airbrush? If it supplies clean dry air at the right pressure and flow, it's got nothing to do with the compressor. The same airbrush can, and should, be used at different pressures according to a lot of factors, eg paint type, coverage required, etc. I am using the same compressor and use 4 types of airbrushes and it performs very well. I only added a pressure gauge to the vessel to be sure that the control switch is functioning correctly, and a small mains fan controlled from the same pressure switch that controls the compressor as in summer it can get very hot. I removed the supplied rubber feet and replaced them with rubber mountings to brackets on the wall to make it more silent.
    Here are some photos of my set up. I made a suction funnel from a plastic funnel and installed a round flourescent tube in it (You never have enough lighting for any spraying) and a quiet in-line extractor fan, which although not very powerful is very effective when used closely to the airbrushing being done.

Silent compressor Img_1110
    Silent compressor Img_1111
    Silent compressor Img_1112
    Silent compressor Img_1113
    Silent compressor Img_1114
    Silent compressor Img_1115
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Fantastic set up! Last week I tried to do some maintenance and now air is not being pressurized in the tank. Maybe I have some leakages from the hose pipe. This weekend I will try to replace the washers.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Wow Gordon... that is some aibrush stand and setup ....
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:58 pm

I like your touch with the computer fan Rolling Eyes I did the same with my compressor since it gets very hot in summer. I put mine on the behind since its open (mine is a single compressor without the tank)

[quote="Scirocco"]
    el manolo wrote:
    Silent compressor Img_1111

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm