P-40 in the desert

    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2010-02-19
    Age : 57
    Location : Minnesota, USA

    P-40 in the desert Empty P-40 in the desert

    Post  slingshot392 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 am

    Here's a link to some links on my site about a British P-40 found in the Egyptian desert. Hopefully it can be rescued at some point.

    http://www.p40warhawk.com/smf/index.php?topic=257.msg750#new
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 41
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Wayne on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 am

    I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch


    _________________
    P-40 in the desert Images10
    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 56
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Ray on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:55 am

    Wayne wrote:I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch

    Marco where are you scratch study ?
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 41
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Wayne on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 am

    I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.


    _________________
    P-40 in the desert Images10
    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 58
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

    Wayne wrote:I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.

    Yes there is a few holes like bullets holes , but it's not the case that went down ..may be undercarrige lock..or out of fuel... if you want here is some discussion about who may be the pilot ..http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1335282042/Sahara+P-40.+Loads+More+Photos...

    And no it's not one of Marseille's kills


    P-40 in the desert Obraz210

    P-40 in the desert Obraz211
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Guest on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm

    Hope that it will be salvaged not pillaged, but from what I have seen I am not holding my breath.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4088
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 58
    Location : St. Julian's

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  bcauchi on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 pm

    What a brilliant find, what a blast to watch that filming. The lucky buggers!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 56
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Ray on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 pm

    Wayne wrote:I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch


    Wayne wrote:I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.

    Wayne you've earned yourself a copy for not paying attention in Class Sad Sad Sad

    Ma gibtx wahda tajba iwa Sad Sad Sad Sad
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1065
    Join date : 2011-01-11
    Age : 41
    Location : Smack in the middle of the Med

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Wayne on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm

    Ray wrote:
    Wayne wrote:I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch


    Wayne wrote:I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.

    Wayne you've earned yourself a copy for not paying attention in Class Sad Sad Sad

    Ma gibtx wahda tajba iwa Sad Sad Sad Sad
    y

    That's it. I'm not worthy of the club. It's been nice knowing you. Sad


    _________________
    P-40 in the desert Images10
    Bench: Bv 141 B, Ju 87 G-2, Macchi C.205, Arado Ar.234
    Stash: Ju87D-3, Bf 109 E-3, Bf109 F-4/trop, Bf 109 G-10, He219....

    www.ScaleModelBench.com
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Guest on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 pm

    Wayne wrote:
    Ray wrote:
    Wayne wrote:I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch


    Wayne wrote:I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.

    Wayne you've earned yourself a copy for not paying attention in Class Sad Sad Sad

    Ma gibtx wahda tajba iwa Sad Sad Sad Sad
    y

    That's it. I'm not worthy of the club. It's been nice knowing you. Sad

    No,no, no, Wayna, do not let the prime thread hijacker affect you this way. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad You are more worthy that you think!! Cool If you get a copy for not paying attention, our friend should have a week of afterschool detention class for evrey thread he hijacked!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Maybe he will get pardoned after a 100 years lol! lol! lol!

    I think that those holes cannot be taken for granted as being bullet holes as they look a bit strange though so your questioning is legit!! The so called bullet damage is just about the broken underside which could have been by bolts or something similar snapping and sent through the fusalage by the force of the impact. Just an opinion as I am no forensic ballistic expert. silent
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 58
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  skyhigh on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 am

    J.Fenech wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    Ray wrote:
    Wayne wrote:I Wonder if it's one of Marseille's kills scratch


    Wayne wrote:I don't see any bullet holes in the fuselage.. could be a mechanical failure.

    Wayne you've earned yourself a copy for not paying attention in Class Sad Sad Sad

    Ma gibtx wahda tajba iwa Sad Sad Sad Sad
    y

    That's it. I'm not worthy of the club. It's been nice knowing you. Sad

    No,no, no, Wayna, do not let the prime thread hijacker affect you this way. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad You are more worthy that you think!! Cool If you get a copy for not paying attention, our friend should have a week of afterschool detention class for evrey thread he hijacked!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Maybe he will get pardoned after a 100 years lol! lol! lol!

    I think that those holes cannot be taken for granted as being bullet holes as they look a bit strange though so your questioning is legit!! The so called bullet damage is just about the broken underside which could have been by bolts or something similar snapping and sent through the fusalage by the force of the impact. Just an opinion as I am no forensic ballistic expert. silent



    lol! lol! Ejja f' lahhar lol! lol! 100 years.... lol! lol!

    Sponsored content

    P-40 in the desert Empty Re: P-40 in the desert

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 pm