SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
in nannu pec
Exator
6 posters

Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada

Exator
    Exator

Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada Empty Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada

Post  Exator Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 am

Hello to everyone in IPMS Malta.

I am new to the forum so I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Richard Bethell.

I am 60 years old, recently retired from the Gov't of Canada and a member of IPMS Ottawa. We meet the first Monday of each month at the the Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa.

When I look at my collection of models I've done in the past few years I see mostly biplanes, and some monoplanes. No jets as yet. I build mostly in 1/48 scale and I use acrylic paints. I began scale modeling in the early 1960's and stopped around 1968. Four years ago I began again, and started where I left off building WW1 biplanes.

The modelling sites I visit most are Britmodeller and Aeroscale.

I first became aware of your site through the amazing work of Louis Carabott, which was posted some time ago on Aeroscale.

Bye for now - I will be visiting your website often.

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada Empty Re: Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada

Post  in nannu pec Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 am

welcome friend.....thanks very much for your kind comments....
    looking forward to see your postings
    Louis
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada Empty Re: Greetings from Aylmer, Quebec, Canada

Post  bcauchi Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:55 am

A warm welcome to you. Hope you find our forum interesting. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:31 am

Welcome onboard Richard & do post some of your work whenever it suits you......
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Wellcome to our forum Richard .... it's good to have a new modeler on wingy...
    WWI and biplane era is a very interesting subject , but do try a jet model ... cheers
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:55 am

Welcome aboard from a fellow Wing Nut. Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

www.ScaleModelBench.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm