SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Wayne
ignatius
in nannu pec
jojjemannen
Proximo41
Gordon
matilda
Paul Salomone
iCocker
skyhigh
RayCaruana
Ray
Tancred
17 posters

Scale Modelling Weekend

ascomt
    ascomt
    Bronze
    Bronze

Scale Modelling Weekend - Page 3 Empty Re: Scale Modelling Weekend

Post  ascomt Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

A Big WELL DONE to all who participated.

It was truly an enjoyable event.

The venue is truly ideal as it attracts crowds, especially since the festive holiday has just kicked in. Maybe we can work a bit more with CCF regarding the donation collection aspect.

I would suggest a couple of large wooden boxes with glass frontage like the ones you would find in churches in front of statues - those jigs truly make a statement not like the little insignificant piglets, that we were provided with. People sometimes were not even noticing them, even though we took care to mention them and the true aim of the event.

As far as the club is concerned, having new members in is more than welcome. Apart from that, I and those who were sitting next to me can vouch for the fact that there were repeated requests from parents for lessons to youngsters Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation .
    Seems that we might need to start reconsidering the academy again for next summer Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil !!!!!!!!

Well Prosit again hbieb.

Alex
    Striker

Scale Modelling Weekend - Page 3 Empty weekend display

Post  Striker Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 am

Well done for the hands on display. One comment, how many times are you going to display the same models, how about somthing new. That large ship will be fantastic once it's FINISHED but displaying as is with hardly any progress is boring. Otherwise well done. Smile
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Striker wrote:

Well done for the hands on display. One comment, how many times are you going to display the same models, how about somthing new. That large ship will be fantastic once it's FINISHED but displaying as is with hardly any progress is boring. Otherwise well done. Smile

At least if you want to comment, don't be afraid to show us your identity , it will be nice to now to who we ware talking to ...no ..

And I now that for other clubs, it's hard, very hard for them to have such standard of models , so they only comment ...

why not just join us , like what your friends did ... cheers

Post  Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Striker wrote:

Thanks for your comment but with all due respect I have to disagree with your comment regarding the display of the same models all over again as it is not correct at all. I will comment only about the aircraft section as I built scale aircraft models. I can say that there was a mix of 'new', very 'recent' models as well as 'old' models. For instance I had 4 models on display, out of which 3 were 'brand new' and never displayed anywhere before. Thanks for your interest.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Striker,
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm a figurine modeller and I too must say that the display of figures was a mix of some old and some recent ones. I'm sure you appreciate that this was a small exhibition, not our main expo and therefore most models will not be the latest as most modellers will save those for the main event, i.e our annual expo. I for one have at least three models in 1:72 which haven't yet been exhibited in Malta and I know that the other figurine modellers have too. So I invite you to the coming SSM annual expo, where I'm sure you will enjoy yourself much more than you did at The Point. At The Point we were targeting another type of audience, most of who are not model enthusiasts like your good self. Best wishes for the festive season and see you at the expo.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am

Striker wrote:

Hello Striker ...thanks for your comments. You are missing the whole point my friend...This was not an exhibition. This...was a fund raising event !...The whole object of this excersise was a 2 day Marathon with members working away at their models to raise money for L-Istrina... The few models that were there was a representation of our hobby to the public ...a promotion of the hobby...you know what I mean..
    Obviously if you visit our yearly expos you must just glide through..not noticing the new works that are exhibited each and every year. And...most important...the standard of the exhibits keeps going up and up each and every year. World class....my friend...World Class !!!...SSM has that kind of reputation worldwide...Next time you should have approached one of us members and voiced your opinion and we could have explained to you that this was a fund raising event and not an exhibition...Once again thanks for your kind comments...
    In nannu Cool

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:15 am