SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
AdriaN
in nannu pec
skyhigh
bcauchi
Yannis Thomas
9 posters

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa

Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Empty A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa

Post  Yannis Thomas Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi everyone.

This is my latest job. It's the well known Hasegawa A-4C Skyhawk in Fuerza Aerea Argentina service during the Falklands War 1982.

Actualy, i used the A-4SU kit and converted it to A-4C version using the "not for use" parts that were given with the kit. The kit was built Out Of the Box, with only extras the Condor and Aerocalcas decal sets for the FAA version. Condor decals set also includes the Argentinean antennas.

It was painted with Gunze acrylics.

Hope you like it!

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img5224q

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6460m
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6461p
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6466g
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6467a
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6473qt
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6476n
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6479s
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6480k
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6487i
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6450v
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6452t
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6454w
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6456z
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6457xi
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6458s
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img6459r
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Img5712sv
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Dscn0699p
    A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Dscn0698z

Thanks a lot for your time and interest, mates!

Cheers.

Yannis
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Empty Re: A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa

Post  bcauchi Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Brilliant paintwork Yannis, you deserve all the awards, totally awesome!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa Empty Re: A-4C Skyhawk "Argentinean Air Force" 1/48 Hasegawa

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello Yannis...I see you have a very interesting subjects here , this skyhawk is beautifull capturing scheme of the Argentine navy... and even that F-104 nice build and painted ...

But I do have a question , what finish you are using, and how are you applicate the finish....
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

bcauchi wrote:Brilliant paintwork Yannis, you deserve all the awards, totally awesome!

Oh, Brian, thanks a lot for your kind words! You make me feel Embarassed
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

skyhigh wrote:Hello Yannis...I see you have a very interesting subjects here , this skyhawk is beautifull capturing scheme of the Argentine navy... and even that F-104 nice build and painted ...

But I do have a question , what finish you are using, and how are you applicate the finish....

Hello mate.

Thanks for your good words. Smile

First of all, this skyhawk was in the Argentinean Air force, not the Navy. Wink The Navy scooters were painted grey/white or overall grey (i'm not sure about all navy scemes). Neutral

I used gunze clear varnish (gloss) to apply the decals and finished the model with Xtracolor matt varnish. All paints and varnishes are airbrushed.

I hope this helps. Smile

Cheers.

Yannis
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:16 pm

Yannis Thomas wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:Hello Yannis...I see you have a very interesting subjects here , this skyhawk is beautifull capturing scheme of the Argentine navy... and even that F-104 nice build and painted ...

Hello mate.

First of all, this skyhawk was in the Argentinean Air force, not the Navy. Wink The Navy scooters were painted grey/white or overall grey (i'm not sure about all navy scemes). Neutral

I used gunze clear varnish (gloss) to apply the decals and finished the model with Xtracolor matt varnish. All paints and varnishes are airbrushed.

I hope this helps. Smile

Cheers.

Yannis

Oh sorry, I tought it's a navy one with that scheme...

the fact that I asked you about the finish , judging the closeup photos of both models , it seems a bit of orange peel finish , here normally we use Revell or modelmaster gloss and matt , but we do sand them between applications and it comes very smooth finish.....
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:41 pm

skyhigh wrote:
    Yannis Thomas wrote:

Hello mate.

I hope this helps. Smile

Cheers.

Yannis

the fact that I asked you about the finish , judging the closeup photos of both models , it seems a bit of orange peel finish , here normally we use Revell or modelmaster gloss and matt , but we do sand them between applications and it comes very smooth finish.....

No prob about the version of the aircraft. Wink

As for the orange peel finish i have to say that it's not orange but it's the weathering that makes the kit looks as is. So, i suppose it's the camera's flash that made it look orenge. Neutral
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm

brilliant work Yannis....and awesome photography as well my friend
    In nannu Cool
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you In. Smile
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 am

Yannis Thomas wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:
    Yannis Thomas wrote:

No prob about the version of the aircraft. Wink

As for the orange peel finish i have to say that it's not orange but it's the weathering that makes the kit looks as is. So, i suppose it's the camera's flash that made it look orenge. Neutral

Yannis. you may have misunderstood Marco here. by "orange peel" he did not mean it looks orange, but the paint surface is a bit bumpy, resembling the surface of an orange... hence orange peel Idea

to me it looks great! i think its the flash and macro that brought out the paint dots.
    David
    David
    Silver
    Silver

Post  David Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 am

Excellent work

David
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you, mate!
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 am

Great job on this little hot rod. I remember watching the Blue Angels flying these when I was a kid.
    Yannis Thomas
    Yannis Thomas

Post  Yannis Thomas Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 am

slingshot392 wrote:Great job on this little hot rod. I remember watching the Blue Angels flying these when I was a kid.

Many thanks!!! Smile
    Jerzy Ciupek
    Jerzy Ciupek
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Jerzy Ciupek Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:34 pm

brilliant work Yannis I like it Smile
    matilda
    matilda
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  matilda Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

love scooter.
    cool camouflage, realy look good.
    well done.

CTEBAH

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:42 am