SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
bcauchi
skyhigh
Ray
7 posters

Saw this on FB!!!

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Saw this on FB!!!  Empty Saw this on FB!!!

Post  Ray Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Saw this on FB by Per Olav Lund who might be in Telford pale

A 1/32 scale, plane Wingnut Wings Hansa B. 29 (which I believe is out of production Suspect ) & it will include 2 figures pale pale 

Saw this on FB!!!  13853510

Saw this on FB!!!  13774610

Saw this on FB!!!  56408710
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Saw this on FB!!!  Empty Re: Saw this on FB!!!

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:29 pm

affraid ..amazing...
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:57 pm

What an awesome diorama, i love the foamy water effect it is truly impressive and i think that he got the colour of the waves spot on, what a brilliant piece, it is going to take something really good to beat that.
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Speechless....Shocked 

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:05 am

The man has Talent & B*[[$ IMHO Twisted Evil

If Marco would chime in, he would know if the guy competes at Telford or not. Or better still, Ivan might know if he is a Euromilitaire only guy or not. If my memory serves me right (which these days It Does Not I'm afraid) he is an IPMS guy...I can always check his FB as he's a "FB Friend" Twisted Evil
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 am

I think that we (the aircraft section) should really start thinking out of the box in our projects. This is just in a league of its own.

I know that most would be reluctant to take a kit bought with hard earned cash and turn it into an artistic pile of scrap, but we have to face the fact that:

• accidents do happen

• aircraft get neglected if they outlive their usefulness

• eventually every bird get's it (even if eventually restored and placed in a museum)

Furthermore, I think we all have kits that have outlived their usefulness due to inaccuracies, missing parts, failed/abandoned projects etc that could be turned into an artistic scene.

There are lots of reference pics showing aircraft in a painfully sorry state, but I think we just choose to ignore them.

Robert tried this with a scene of an aircraft underwater and I think it turned out pretty well, so Kudos to him.

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 pm

No guys relax, Per Olav is not a person normally that goes to Telford from what I know, he is a dioramist and very talented, he was at Euro this year ... from what I fished out what is coming to Telford is that split Salamander half naked half painted ... yes I agree start thinking of different projects that amazes the viewwers, nowadays many countries are producing very good models so yes something different is always a good hit hux!

Ivan
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Wayne wrote:I think that we (the aircraft section) should really start thinking out of the box in our projects.  This is just in a league of its own.

I know that most would be reluctant to take a kit bought with hard earned cash and turn it into an artistic pile of scrap, but we have to face the fact that:

• accidents do happen

• eventually every bird get's it (even if eventually restored and placed in a museum)

Furthermore, I think we all have kits that have outlived their usefulness due to inaccuracies, missing parts, failed/abandoned projects etc that could be turned into an artistic scene.

There are lots of reference pics showing aircraft in a painfully sorry state, but I think we just choose to ignore them.

Robert tried this with a scene of an aircraft underwater and I think it turned out pretty well, so Kudos to him.
    Wayne, Per Olav has been doing this project about 3 years ago, he had to stop due to other commitments he had. When doing KO models rest assured no one choose a 'bad' kit or because a work went bad so do it crashed down, when doing a KO one has a bigger challenge and has to plan things much more ... it is not something you do because you have missing parts or a model turned bad ... it is a complex projects and people with guts manage to make it right ... you have to built a broken damaged model, the broken and weathered parts have to be planned well, you need to make the material look proper, colours etc etc ... it is no easy task!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:19 am

iCocker wrote:
    Wayne wrote:I think that we (the aircraft section) should really start thinking out of the box in our projects.  This is just in a league of its own.

• accidents do happen

Wayne, Per Olav has been doing this project about 3 years ago, he had to stop due to other commitments he had. When doing KO models rest assured no one choose a 'bad' kit or because a work went bad so do it crashed down, when doing a KO one has a bigger challenge and has to plan things much more ... it is not something you do because you have missing parts or a model turned bad ... it is a complex projects and people with guts manage to make it right ... you have to built a broken damaged model, the broken and weathered parts have to be planned well, you need to make the material look proper, colours etc etc ... it is no easy task!
    BRAVISSIMU Wayne for your POSITIVE THINKING & MAYBE You INSTIGATE the STUBBORN HEADS of our SSM Wing Nuts (something I've been trying to do for a while now by "silently" post pics of this sort like that heavily weathered Zero) in venturing out of the box Twisted Evil

Nice one Ivan for the "unfolding" of Wayne's PLEA for REFORM Twisted Evil

Some of You "Old School" Wing Nuts need BEHEADING BADLY lol! lol! lol! 
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:45 am

iCocker wrote:

• accidents do happen

Ivan, there is no doubt in my mind that something like this takes a lot of planning and skill. I agree 100% with your view. What I meant was that someone might find it easier to 'sacrifice' or 'adapt' (for lack of a better word) an older kit into their first derilict project. My reasoning was "Hey, I kind of like the idea of depicting a KO'd aircraft but I'm not 100% sure yet. I have this old kit which I'm probably never gonna build anyway, lemme try my hand at it and see how it goes." It will probably not be a show stopper, but in the learning process a perfectly good kit was not 'ruined' so to speak.

Think about a certain joint project you're doing Wink the kit isn't exactly brand spanking new but it's definitely suitable.

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm

There is always the first try, to be honest Per Olav is a tank guy so like me we enjoy to see downed birds, but not always it is wise to use old kits, in our project we used the old for trial only and realised it is better using the new as detail is much better etc ... but again depends the project, hux ... the old can be punishing compared to the modern age models but I agree wing nuts are a bit rigid and afraid to sacrifice a bird to such an extend, you idolise too much ... you have to let go and make such a model, still it is atractive if not more! Wink

TIME FOR CHANGE Twisted Evil 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:03 pm

iCocker wrote:There is always the first try, to be honest Per Olav is a tank guy so like me we enjoy to see downed birds, but not always it is wise to use old kits, in our project we used the old for trial only and realised it is better using the new as detail is much better etc ... but again depends the project, hux ... the old can be punishing compared to the modern age models but I agree wing nuts are a bit rigid and afraid to sacrifice a bird to such an extend, you idolise too much ... you have to let go and make such a model, still it is atractive if not more! Wink

I AGREE 101% especially the word IDOLISE cheers cheers cheers 

They (Wing Nuts) ALL DO Twisted Evil .....that is IDOLISE Twisted Evil ....and it is ALL coming from "HIM" the ONE & ONLY  Suspect 

The time for some BEHEADINGS pale Shocked What a Face  IS UPON US lol! lol! lol!  
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Mind you ta all this fuss ............ these modelers or artist called them what you want,, are artist they studied ART..or what so ever..they studied colors , pigment etc... .... So they have a good backround of what is color and so on ,, they are brave talented .. but you can't compare a modeler who ones bought a model , or receive a birthday present and start building models ... even if you practice , you never gain the same result...........

Just my 2c.... enjoy building models..... leave the compt to the top brass.........cheers 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:44 pm

skyhigh wrote:Mind you ta all this fuss ............ these modelers or artist called them what you want,, are artist they studied ART..or what so ever..they studied colors , pigment etc... .... So they have a good backround of what is color and so on ,, they are brave talented .. but you can't compare a modeler who ones bought a model , or receive a birthday  present and start building models ... even if you practice , you never gain the same result...........

Just my 2c.... enjoy building models..... leave the compt to the top brass.........cheers 
    Min fejn gibta din min xi ktieb ta Esopu? Dan modeller bhali u bhalekk bid-diferenza li mohhu ma jahlihx quddiem FB jew TV bhal hafna [inkluz jien] u meta jkollu idea krejativa jaf jimplimenta u jesperimenta ... nasigurak naf x'qed nghid ghax nafu sew li dan il-bniedem, per ezempju l-biza tieghu hi u jaf li hi problema ghalih, ibghati jisboh figura sew, temminha imma vera, kulhadd l-istess hallik mit-top brass ... jekk trid titghallem it-tijorija tal-kuluri jekk tixtri l-colour wheel min ghand artshop ghandek bidu ... hafna differenti milli tixtri miljun ktieb fuq ic-chips tal-109 ... my 2 Euros on this Buddy Smile

Time for change ... l-ajruplani taghna llkoll! Smile

Last edited by iCocker on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:There is always the first try, to be honest Per Olav is a tank guy so like me we enjoy to see downed birds, but not always it is wise to use old kits, in our project we used the old for trial only and realised it is better using the new as detail is much better etc ... but again depends the project, hux ... the old can be punishing compared to the modern age models but I agree wing nuts are a bit rigid and afraid to sacrifice a bird to such an extend, you idolise too much ... you have to let go and make such a model, still it is atractive if not more! Wink

They (Wing Nuts) ALL DO Twisted Evil .....that is IDOLISE Twisted Evil ....and it is ALL coming from "HIM" the ONE & ONLY  Suspect 

The time for some BEHEADINGS pale Shocked What a Face  IS UPON US  lol! lol! lol!  
    what about traitors, what shall we do!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Amazing work is being done here, but I am afraid that you posted the article under the wrong section - it should have been posted in the diorama section.

Secondly, what is making it stand out is not the just the airplane but the dramatic composition of the entire set.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm

J.Fenech wrote:Amazing work is being done here, but I am afraid that you posted the article under the wrong section - it should have been posted in the diorama section.

Secondly, what is making it stand out is not the just the airplane but the dramatic composition of the entire set.
    You may be right JF, but I wanted to "INSTIGATE" some awareness in You Wing Nuts that planes need not NECESSARY be IDOLISED Evil or Very Mad 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 pm

J.Fenech wrote:
    Ray wrote:

The time for some BEHEADINGS pale Shocked What a Face  IS UPON US  lol! lol! lol!  
    what about traitors, what shall we do!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    You mean TRAITORS WHO TURNED PHOTOGRAPHERS I Hope Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

No Ray, he is refering for those.. who one's they are with you..and at the end of the day they turn agains't you... lol! 

...I'm still on the wings side ..and that I will gone be till the last breath........lol! 
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Ivan ma nafx xandu xjaqsam il 109 fija din..... chips u xnaf semmejt , pero najdlek inutli li tisboh sabih u tigbed l gfhajn tal jugdes biex tiehu xi midalja ..jekk is suggett ma jkunx auhtentiku u xebgha zbalji jew fil version ..bla sugu .. u nafx xjien najd ghax xbajd nara mudelli b hafna zbalji ..laqwa li mizbuh li jigbed l ghajn.............. u iz zebgha taghna ukoll.........cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 pm

skyhigh wrote:No Ray, he is refering for those.. who one's they are with you..and at the end of the day they turn agains't you... lol! 

...I'm still on the wings side ..and that I will gone  be till the last  breath........lol! 
    U mur saqqi l-hass tal-Marsa FOTOGRAFU TRADITUR KOLLOK lol! lol! lol! 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 pm

skyhigh wrote:Ivan ma nafx xandu xjaqsam il 109 fija din..... chips u xnaf semmejt , pero najdlek inutli li tisboh sabih u tigbed l gfhajn tal jugdes biex tiehu xi midalja ..jekk is suggett ma jkunx auhtentiku u xebgha zbalji jew fil version ..bla sugu .. u nafx xjien najd ghax xbajd nara mudelli b hafna zbalji ..laqwa li mizbuh li jigbed l ghajn.............. u iz zebgha taghna ukoll.........cheers 
    Ippruvajt infittex biex insib ic-chips li semmejt li semma Ivan u ma sibtha mkien Suspect 

Nerga ntennilek minn qalbi....Mur saqqi l-hass tal-Marsa ja TRADITUR FOTOGRAFU BISS BISS BISS lol! lol! lol! 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Serrah mohhok bniedem bhal Per Olav m'ghandux bzonn jigbed l-ghajn tal-judges, dan bniedem krejativ hafna li johlom jaghmel ... hemm differenza, dan ma jibniex ghal midalji, din l-istorja xbajtu isemmghu u qed taqu fin-nasba tal-marketing ta' min jeqred u jinteresah affarijiet ohra LOL ... nahseb qed tidhol wisq f'kompetizjoni tal-fotografija dawn l-affarijiet hemm isiru LOL

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation alien cat No No monkey Question Question Question 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 am

iCocker wrote:Serrah mohhok bniedem bhal Per Olav m'ghandux bzonn jigbed l-ghajn tal-judges, dan bniedem krejativ hafna li johlom jaghmel ... hemm differenza, dan ma jibniex ghal midalji, din l-istorja xbajtu isemmghu u qed taqu fin-nasba tal-marketing ta' min jeqred u jinteresah affarijiet ohra LOL ... nahseb qed tidhol wisq f'kompetizjoni tal-fotografija dawn l-affarijiet hemm isiru LOL

Amen cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm