SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Primus Pilus

smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Primus Pilus Empty Primus Pilus

Post  smallia Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Guys this is the conversion I've been working on. It's in 75mm and great fun to paint

Steve
    Primus Pilus Dsc_2015
    Primus Pilus Dsc_2016
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Primus Pilus Empty Re: Primus Pilus

Post  Ray Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 am

Great painting as always & I know you had quite a task to fit the helmet (which was sculpted to sit on the shield) on the bare head, but & it is no fault of yours DEFINITELY, the side flaps on the helmet were sculpted way too big, at least from the pic's angle they look they are touching the top of the chest area & won't tie properly beneath the jaws pale 
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 am

Wow man , this is Stunning..!!.. cheers 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 am

Ray wrote:Great painting as always & I know you had quite a task to fit the helmet (which was sculpted to sit on the shield) on the bare head, but & it is no fault of yours DEFINITELY, the side flaps on the helmet were sculpted way too big, at least from the pic's angle they look they are touching the top of the chest area & won't tie properly beneath the jaws pale 

Maybe something like this?.......... or else go to a Catholic Purcizzioni and take some detailed photos of the Roman reenactors there  Very Happy 

Anyhow..... great paint job!

Primus Pilus Article-new-thumbnail-ehow-images-a05-28-cj-roman-helmet-ideas-800x800_zpsb1fb5883
    smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 am

Ray, you are absolutely right. As soon as I put them on I realized that they were slightly bigger than they should be. I think the only mistake I did was to assume that the sculptor was right and since the cheek guards are seperate items, I only put them on when I was too deep in the job to rectify. Well, no matter how good the sculptor is, I suppose they do mistakes too and we can't take all their work for granted.

Noel thanks but I don't go to the good Friday processions cause I'm a firm believer that they are closer to a carnival costume than anything else SmileSmileSmileSmile

Steve
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:52 am

smallia wrote:Ray, you are absolutely right. As soon as I put them on I realized that they were slightly bigger than they should be. I think the only mistake I did was to assume that the sculptor was right and since the cheek guards are seperate items, I only put them on when I was too deep in the job to rectify. Well, no matter how good the sculptor is, I suppose they do mistakes too and we can't take all their work for granted.

Noel thanks but I don't go to the good Friday processions cause I'm a firm believer that they are closer to a carnival costume than anything else SmileSmileSmileSmile

Steve

Steve... I was kidding!  Very Happy  You might even see a roman wearing a wrist watch! They are a sorry sight!

Probably the sculptor did not bother to scale it since it was going to be resting on the shield..... however... that is not correct sculpting on his part, I guess.
    smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

Noel, I know. I was too. And I totally agree with you

Steve

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am