SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

General Discussion

Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

General Discussion Empty General Discussion

Post  Wayne Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 am

Dear all,

I wanted to thank every one for another successful and memorable expo.  I don't want to repeat what has already been said on Facebook but I would like to add one thing.  I think that the main take-away from this year's expo is that we should not be afraid to try new things.  This goes first and foremost for myself.  Initially I was extremely reluctant to adopt "personal displays"  (at least for the aircraft section) because of the mix in scales.  I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong in fact I think the idea was well received.  

The visitor's choice award was another surprising success and hopefully we'll have twice as many models entering it if we host it again next year.

Well done to all and see you next Wednesday for the counting of votes Smile

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

General Discussion Empty Re: General Discussion

Post  Ray Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Good one Wayne & like you I don't want to repeat but it goes without saying that your brainchild, your baby, the People's Choice Award, was a sublime idea & let's keep it as our trademark & build on it cheers

Last but not least...never be afraid to venture out on uncharted territory Suspect we are what/who we are today due to this fact cheers

We lead....others just lick their wounds & follow Twisted Evil

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 am

[quote="Wayne"]Dear all,

I wanted to thank every one for another successful and memorable expo.  I don't want to repeat what has already been said on Facebook but I would like to add one thing.  I think that the main take-away from this year's expo is that we should not be afraid to try new things.  This goes first and foremost for myself.  Initially I was extremely reluctant to adopt "personal displays"  (at least for the aircraft section) because of the mix in scales.  I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong in fact I think the idea was well received.  

The visitor's choice award was another surprising success and hopefully we'll have twice as many models entering it if we host it again next year.

Well done to all and see you next Wednesday for the counting of votes Smile[/quo

Wayne why I'm locked in some post..why..Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:34 pm