SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Romeo Models New Releases November

Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Romeo Models New Releases November Empty Romeo Models New Releases November

Post  Samwel18 Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Maurizio Bruno and Danilo Cartacci have done it again Smile

75mm from Romeo Models...

Peyk

Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk-s10
    Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk0010
    Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk0011
    Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk0012
    Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk0013
    Romeo Models New Releases November Peyk0014
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Romeo Models New Releases November Empty Re: Romeo Models New Releases November

Post  Ray Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Out of this World as always Suspect

What a tandem cheers

Hope you and Doc are always looking at these two to emulate or outdo them ONE DAY cheers

Joking apart, hope Ivan would chi,e ina nd give us his expert review vis a vis if this dude could have been/may be set in Malta or not pirat

Ray affraid
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Ray wrote:Out of this World as always Suspect

What a tandem cheers

Hope you and Doc are always looking at these two to emulate or outdo them ONE DAY cheers

Joking apart, hope Ivan would chi,e ina nd give us his expert review vis a vis if this dude could have been/may be set in Malta or not pirat

Ray affraid

When i paint I always aim for a gold..that's how you level your skill SmileSmile

Ray outdo them....not at this moment lool maybe when they are extinct from modelling =}

IVAN fejn qijeddddddd???? lool

Sam =]
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:50 am

Beautiful

Though I am lacking my referances from the office, I can alreday pin point that this was an elite Palace Guarde [do not now the name by heart sorry], the first thing that makes it noticable is the cream/yellow leather shoes and also the copper/brass helmet [not sure if golden gilded as well] he is wearing. He is not a Janissary as many might be thinking. Probably a bit later than the 1565 period.

As these were normally a corp with the role of bodyguarding the Ottoman King, probbaly they never made it to our shores but were in Vienna etc, as in Malta he only send his nephew and trusted generals. BUT with some minor surgery can easily be updated to a janissary, though not a simple operation and would like to research more as I guess some form of elite bodyguards these topbrass surely had in Malta.

In sicily I would like to give Maurizio some info about our Siege hopefully he woiuld come with something interested and by the way he was very interested to come over Malta ...

Ivan
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:00 pm

What a beautiful piece of art. That is simply amazing. I would love to see one painted by one of you at the club. what a treat!!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 pm

iCocker wrote:Beautiful

Though I am lacking my referances from the office, I can alreday pin point that this was an elite Palace Guarde [do not now the name by heart sorry], the first thing that makes it noticable is the cream/yellow leather shoes and also the copper/brass helmet [not sure if golden gilded as well] he is wearing. He is not a Janissary as many might be thinking. Probably a bit later than the 1565 period.

As these were normally a corp with the role of bodyguarding the Ottoman King, probbaly they never made it to our shores but were in Vienna etc, as in Malta he only send his nephew and trusted generals. BUT with some minor surgery can easily be updated to a janissary, though not a simple operation and would like to research more as I guess some form of elite bodyguards these topbrass surely had in Malta.

In sicily I would like to give Maurizio some info about our Siege hopefully he woiuld come with something interested and by the way he was very interested to come over Malta ...

Ivan

For the time being I'll let this one pass by then.......as for a Janissary I would stick with the Poste Militaire's offering courtesy of Julian Hullis.........

Yes that would be interesting to get Maurizio moving in producing a Maltese subject Vanni and also to get him over to our shores cheers

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Some historical fact on this figure, it is a Peyk, a messenger of the Sultan. Probably a kind of ADC, his typical attire was very rich and headress and weaponry were gold gilded, marking hi as a Peyk. These guys were the personal messengers of the Sultan.

Duringr the Siege of Malta, probably one these went to Tripoli to instruct Dragut to give a helping hand but till date nothing came to light of messengers coming over to Malta from Costantinapoli during the Siege. What we know till date was that from Malta messengers were sent to the Sultan with the news that St Elmo had fallen and probably the death of Dragut. No clue yet if these messengers were part of the entourage of officers and high ranking topbrass in the Ottoman army.

Makes me wonder that how much was written about the 1565 Siege and yet we still do not know enough of it ...

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 pm

iCocker wrote:Some historical fact on this figure, it is a Peyk, a messenger of the Sultan. Probably a kind of ADC, his typical attire was very rich and headress and weaponry were gold gilded, marking hi as a Peyk. These guys were the personal messengers of the Sultan.

Duringr the Siege of Malta, probably one these went to Tripoli to instruct Dragut to give a helping hand but till date nothing came to light of messengers coming over to Malta from Costantinapoli during the Siege. What we know till date was that from Malta messengers were sent to the Sultan with the news that St Elmo had fallen and probably the death of Dragut. No clue yet if these messengers were part of the entourage of officers and high ranking topbrass in the Ottoman army.

Makes me wonder that how much was written about the 1565 Siege and yet we still do not know enough of it ...

Ivan

Never enough I think so that the Turks will not dare say that it never happened Evil or Very Mad

Which brings me to sadly remember that the same Europe that we saved or helped to save in 1565, has ruled out that the Cross should be abolished. But how dare they decide for me, all in the name of liberty of expression????

I have nothing against the above "enemy" (anzi I have the greatest respect) as they were a formidable force and fought for what they believd in, a great culture in their own right and which/who definitely left their mark on every aspect of society, but to be betrayed by your own Europe, the Great Europe which was/is the light like Rome was the light in its heyday is too much of a wound!!!

Anyway ha nkompli pale

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm