SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
David
jojjemannen
Luke
in nannu pec
William
Dottore
alexbb
Joseph
olivermifsud
Tancred
RayCaruana
bcauchi
iCocker
Samwel18
18 posters

Joint dioramas

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Joint dioramas - Page 6 Empty Re: Joint dioramas

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:23 am

If we stick to 1941 were there an MK1 still 'alive'? A tropicalised scheme would look nicer in a winter scene, making a different look then the usual!

1940 is a problematic era as looks like the Italians hibernated for winter and not many attacks were done during the rainy season : )
    AFVs have to check but probably Vickers and Bren available, again a pricey business to model as everything is resin ...

Post 1941 I have not much but were the strips given a concrete face or was that done later?

Ivan
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 am

So for the Hurricane MKI, I will still have to do the tropical filter?, ok no big deal. What version of Spitfire? and what are the kit possibilities, excluding the Tamiya MKIX?

Still I think I will go for the Hurricane MKI with tropical scheme.

J

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 am

[quote="skyhigh"]We can still manage with The MkI , why we are escluding the MKI what's wrong heq ..now its not only the colour scheme even the version mela Question Question scratch scratch
    Here if you whant I have a photo of a MKI with (Desert scheme)!!

there is even a picture of a mk1, with black undersides (half of I assume)

About my 242sqn hurricane, about the scheme. Since I did not find a picture of the aircraft LE-X in color I had to contend with one in B/W, taken from behind in a rather darkish exposore. The codes and the fact it is a IIC is visible but not the serial number. Doing some reseach, I found an aircraft operated by 242 with the letter X assigned, serial no. BE555, which when I checked the number I found that aircraft in the serial no.s from BE550 - BE570 seen to have been all trop IIc. About the desert scheme or not, again this is is debatable since we need a color pic of the aircraft in question, but one thing has to taken into consderation. No 242sqn and 605sqn were never intended to operate over Malta but were destined to operate over the desert, thus it makes some sense that the aircraft would be finished in the desert scheme, not the temperate scheme. Hope that this clarifies some questions, but to be 100% sure we need a color pic of the aircraft with the serial number, codes, filter, etc... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad oh if digital cameras were available in the 40s What a Face
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 am

I don't agree we should opt for 1/48th for the reasons Ivan mentioned, and mostly when it comes to paint the personell Sad a bigger headache for sure! Besides that, the larger scale would be more appealing on all fronts, especially if/when exhibited!

Kemm zdiedlek xoghol Marco lol!

I don't think Joseph would build another Stringbag Shocked

I would really like to see the Hurricane MKIIC in that desert scheme in this project, but am afraid that is not up to me after all Sad

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:31 am

iCocker wrote:If we stick to 1941 were there an MK1 still 'alive'? A tropicalised scheme would look nicer in a winter scene, making a different look then the usual!

1940 is a problematic era as looks like the Italians hibernated for winter and not many attacks were done during the rainy season : )
    AFVs have to check but probably Vickers and Bren available, again a pricey business to model as everything is resin ...

Post 1941 I have not much but were the strips given a concrete face or was that done later?

Ivan

Does not matter, aircraft over here would still be bogged down in mud either way. Patrols and scrambles were still conducted, obviously weather permitting.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 am

William wrote:So for the Hurricane MKI, I will still have to do the tropical filter?, ok no big deal. What version of Spitfire? and what are the kit possibilities, excluding the Tamiya MKIX?

J

Spitfire mkVb, or Vc, i think they are availabe from revell in some form
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 am

FJ, why are you fretting over digicams were not available during WWII? Marco's mind is DEFINITELY COLOUR DIGITAL Laughing as he's seeing those BLACK & WHITE PICS in the Battle of Britain colours Laughing Shocked Cool

Marcoooooooooo, x'nidhak lol!

FJ, welldone to your positive thinking cheers

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

Anzi ghadu ma bghatnix nixejru is segritarju........ Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:47 am

Kemm gejja bit-tul din id-dio!

Personally I think we should stick to 1/32 -1/35 size. Apart 1/48 would be a headache for finding props this dio needs the human element to be 'alive' so we need a good number of facial expressions. Personally I think are gone the days that the subject is the only key to a good diorama, apart the aircraft and the vehicles the human element and interactivities would be the key to a good plot and story, so nothing is more ideal then a 1/35 with the selection of so many good face expressions by Hornet etc ... ejja lets make this happen!

Issa being a Hurricane Mki or Mk2 a Matilda or a Bren, lets try to keep the period of Winter 1941 see what was still was avialable in the area and in Malta and start rolling ...

Ivan

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:03 am

Ray wrote:FJ, why are you fretting over digicams were not available during WWII? Marco's mind is DEFINITELY COLOUR DIGITAL Laughing as he's seeing those BLACK & WHITE PICS in the Battle of Britain colours Laughing Shocked Cool

Marcoooooooooo, x'nidhak lol!

FJ, welldone to your positive thinking cheers

Ray affraid

good one...............and we have not mentioned the spitfire schemes, imagine then what will happen What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 am

iCocker wrote:Kemm gejja bit-tul din id-dio!

Personally I think we should stick to 1/32 -1/35 size. Apart 1/48 would be a headache for finding props this dio needs the human element to be 'alive' so we need a good number of facial expressions. Personally I think are gone the days that the subject is the only key to a good diorama, apart the aircraft and the vehicles the human element and interactivities would be the key to a good plot and story, so nothing is more ideal then a 1/35 with the selection of so many good face expressions by Hornet etc ... ejja lets make this happen!

Issa being a Hurricane Mki or Mk2 a Matilda or a Bren, lets try to keep the period of Winter 1941 see what was still was avialable in the area and in Malta and start rolling ...

Ivan

isma, taf x'jghid il malti, qies mitt darba, u aqta darba, issa ha naqleb ghal l - inglish. I agree about keeping it in the larger scale, it is more impressive and I think easire to work figure/afv.
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 pm

William wrote:So for the Hurricane MKI, I will still have to do the tropical filter?, ok no big deal. What version of Spitfire? and what are the kit possibilities, excluding the Tamiya MKIX?

J

Sorry guys, this was my dad speaking Evil or Very Mad, he was using my profile
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 pm

I already noticed that, will don't worry Suspect cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Just found my Hurricane. It is a revell MkIIC, at least that is what the box says, brand new. I will get it with me next Wednesday unless something crops up as it usually does.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Well done Brian ...now we can ohoh !!now they can make a good Tropical MKI with! trop filter well done Brian.. cheers :sunnJoint dioramas - Page 6 Bgump211y:
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Marco, are there any after market detail sets or resin parts apart from the Eduard PE set, tipo xi' wheels u control surfaces forsi nifranka naqra xoghol Smile Smile

J
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:07 pm

I will check study scratch cheers

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:08 pm

a quick search around the web did not yield any results - no aftermarket sets for the hurricane in 32nd scale. Keep searching, might get lucky.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Just fownd this but for this version only feature fabric wings which isHawker Hurricane Mk 1 in 1/32 scale. The first time ever this version of the famous Hurricane has been produced. This is a complete limited edition, multi-media kit that includes resin, photo-etch, injected plastic, clear injected canopy and windscreen parts, and decals by Cartograph. This kit features the fabric-covered wings of the Mk 1. It includes both the two and three bladed propeller, both types of early exhaust, armored and un-armored windscreen, and two different types of wheels. Decals include markings for Belgium. Finland, Italy, and the RJoint dioramas - Page 6 Pcm32010AF. an early MKI
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Here is also the Bren Carrier conversion for a Mk1 by Resicast ... http://www.resicast.com/pages/351200pag.html

So rest the dilema if using the new Tamiya Matilda or the tiny bren + conversion ... both AFV would work fine for our job but depends the areas taken but considering how high a Hurricane sits I guess nothing of the two would overshadow and we can still work the diorama in the ideal set up for balancing a pyramid shape ...

By the way any more volunteers for the team?

Ivan
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:14 pm

My dad is in the other room working on the Hobbycraft Nie.17 he's asking,"the Hurricane MK.I for the dio is with metal covered wings (as per posted coloured art work)and not with fabric covered wings." Question Question

Marco, he also wants to know which company produces the other MK.I scratch and how much does it cost Question Question

Wil alien
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm

iCocker wrote:Here is also the Bren Carrier conversion for a Mk1 by Resicast ... http://www.resicast.com/pages/351200pag.html

So rest the dilema if using the new Tamiya Matilda or the tiny bren + conversion ... both AFV would work fine for our job but depends the areas taken but considering how high a Hurricane sits I guess nothing of the two would overshadow and we can still work the diorama in the ideal set up for balancing a pyramid shape ...

By the way any more volunteers for the team?

Ivan

Ivan, would it be possible to include both AFV's so the idea of a dilemma within the dio (story after all) as to which AFV would eventually pull the Aircraft out of trouble? would be nice to get this feeling IMHO, and also the idea of the Maltese contractor with his karettun and horse, like IZZATTAT jew IPPROVA jizzattat, that his horse is strong enough to carry out the task that everyone is debating between the Bren Carrier and Matilda?

Just a little brainstorming since we settled the availability of the a/m kits thank God Almighty we have at least 2/3rds of the dio sorted out, adding the availability of the basic personell cheers

Do you really think that it would be feasable to include other chefs to spoil the broth Shocked Cool Evil or Very Mad Embarassed pale

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Will tell your father that this is an early version with fabric wings , Malta Hurricanes were late marks with metal wings... cheers

List Price: $69.99
    Al's Price: $64.49
    You Save: $5.50
    Item Number: PCM32010
    Manufacturer: Pacific Coast Models ....Welcome to Al's Hobby Shop
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Marco, Brian ma qalx li ghandu Hurricane MKII jew qed niblieh jien Sad ?

Ok I know that you answered him with that box art, but is it a MKII or MKI Shocked ?

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Heheehee xi pjacir gerfixtu heheheheh xi pjacir Razz Razz

IL mudel ta brian ghalkem fuq il box art jajd li hu MkIIc ,mu xejn hlif il MKI fil verita ..imma nistaw nghamlu minnu MKI b trop filter li fih il kit tajjeb issa cheers lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am