SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72

RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 Empty Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72

Post  RayCaruana Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Attached to base at last... I don't think they are painted in the best way. Will try to improve with the next model!

Anyway, here they are. Hope to bring them to the club on Wednesday.

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 Teuton10
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 Empty Re: Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72

Post  Ray Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 am

Don't be too harsh on yourself Sad

Considering ALL the circumstances of such a tiny model, I think you did a decent job Laughing

The only thing that needs adjusting IMHO is to increase the contrst pale Cool
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 Empty Re: Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72

Post  bcauchi Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:13 am

i don;t think that they are bad but this is coming from an aircraft guy. The only thing which struck me straight away is the handle for the axe which is a bit too huge. I would have tried to make it a bit thinner in diameter. It is overscale.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 am

bcauchi wrote:i don;t think that they are bad but this is coming from an aircraft guy. The only thing which struck me straight away is the handle for the axe which is a bit too huge. I would have tried to make it a bit thinner in diameter. It is overscale.

Yes Brian I agree about the axe. The size of weapons is always a problem at these scales. I will give it a try, and make it thinner after HIS 2010.

It also looks bigger in the photo than in the hand, probably cos it's closest to the camera lens.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:26 pm

ray on this scale i think i can give you some tips. the highlighted areas on small models should be bigger and sharper aconsequently the lowlights smaller. as for the size of the weapons if you do them to scale they will look ridiculously puny so i suggest you keep them as they are.

these ar 25mm perry miniatures painted by a certain Gaspard Gourgaud

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 25mm_a10

Teutonic Hochmeister and sergeant in 1:72 25mm_c10
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 am

Alex, the painting is really nice but the figures aren't they look like caricatures. The guy's sword is ridiculously large. I don;t agree with you.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 am

bcauchi wrote:Alex, the painting is really nice but the figures aren't they look like caricatures.

I never understood why, but yes most of the 28mm figures on the market have a grotesque anatomy, whilst 20mm (1:72) are more anatomically correct.

@Alex thanks for all your help and tips. one day I WILL SUCCEED to come over my "high-contrast phobia"cheers cheers

I hope to make it to the club next wedneseday, cos I really look forward to bringing them with me. IMO they look better in the flesh, but certainly not enough in the contrast department.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 am

Ray your figures might lack contrast but they are much nicer than those, they are much better proportioned.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks Brian. I will come to the club tonight but will be 20.00 or even 20.30 I guess. Hope you'll still be there. But then you can always see them at HIS 2010 anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm