HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Share

    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 655
    Join date : 2011-07-08
    Age : 51
    Location : MANIKATA MALTA

    HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  Paul Salomone on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:09 am

    Good morning louis,

    Prosit Habib. Marvelous piece of scratch building.

    This tug, shall be like a kit within a kit, and shall surely steal some of the attention from the Warspite.

    Cheers.


    David
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2009-07-22
    Age : 54

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  David on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:47 am

    Yes Louis Probably they removed the armament

    Always a great choice

    Respond
    Resolve class tug built at Irvine by Ayrshire Dockyard (now closed down) in 1918 she served most of her life in Malta but did a stint in Alexandria but returned to Malta before being sold for scrap in 1956. L 186 B 36 Draft 18 feet 1,400 tons disp. Twin screw, triple expansion steam engines, four Scotch type c/f boilers 2,400 IHP.
    24 TBP 30 man crew. The design for the Resolve class came from THIS grand old tug the The SIR DAVID HUNTER of 1915. Steve Woodward.

    It is 186 feet long

    Here is a similar model for your reference

    and some more here
    http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/misc/hms/resolve-32-rh/resolve-index.html


    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  Ray on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm

    Ja l-ikbar PECLUQ li qatt halaq Alla Laughing

    I know you'll take my constructive critiscm anyday so here it goes pale

    No1 That Ewru looks AWESOME lol!

    No2 I still feel that the funnels & the turret are out of proportion & a tad too high Shocked try and make a shorter mock up of both funnels & turret out of a piece of balsa wood and compare how it looks......remember that in that SMALL SCALE, the slightest error towards "bigger" would surely look BIG Suspect

    Marine modeller I AM NOT Sad but a KEEN EYE for the slightest of ERRORS I DO HAVE Embarassed

    I would add this to make everyone smile & not to boast (one of the 77 defects I don't posses cheers ) once I noticed a 1mm discrepancy on a pair of boots Stephen sculpted (with ALL due respect) he obviously tried to stand his ground, but when he went home, he measured both boots & found I was correct cheers

    Last but not least......if you don't have a scale plan, you can measure the funnels & turret from the photo & work out a proprtion/ratio or whatever you may call it against the size of the tug Wink

    I know you won't hate me for pointing this out, but even if you had to, so be it I love you I just couldn't let it go by without saying it, as its like a Franco Debono situation vis a vis you pale there are MORE members who CONCUR with me re turret & funnels but are AFRAID to point it out to you lest you do something a la Gonzi & banish us from the Brotherhood lol!

    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 670
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 52
    Location : G'Mangia

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  smallia on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:16 pm

    Bomba siehbi. Bhassoltu msomma !!

    Steve

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  in nannu pec on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm

    Mela here is the pic of the actual vessel itself..... RN Rescue tug 'Respond'...ghax issa qed nidubita lili innifsi. Question



    Mela whilst I take your constructive criticism with an open mind....Please note the pic of the actual ship...This is not the same class u posted David..This is a 'Rollicker Class Tug...and there's quite a few differences between the two vessels. Note how tall the funnels are....the forward funnel is incorporated in the superstructure on the Resolve.. The Respond 's funnel is just behind...notice the bow...the Respond has railings all along and just a short front bow piece with a rubber buffer just underneath....notice the hull buffer which is high up on the Resolve but half way down the hull of the 'Respond'...Notice the shape of the funnels...Oval on the Resolve....round on the Respond...notice the fwd mast on the Respond , how close it is to the superstructure....there's like a box on the Resolve just in front of the superstructure...Notice the funnel like vents....On the Respond they are positioned differently...the Respond has even a pair of these on the bow ..The Resolve hasn't...The masts are also totally different...There's also a kind of superstructure between the funnels on the Resolve....The Respond hasn't...just two plain round quite tall funnels....I hope u don't take this badly...and think that I'm being a bit fscitcous Smile Smile ...I'm going to take the half way road...shorten the funnels ..include the gun platform..unarmed...and fit in a small superstructure between the funnels....yes there's something which I will criticise myself...the stern should have been a tad longer ...used the same word as our brother Ray Smile Smile


    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 6102
    Join date : 2009-07-21
    Age : 53
    Location : Zurrieq MALTA

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  Ray on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

    in nannu pec wrote:Mela here is the pic of the actual vessel itself..... RN Rescue tug 'Respond'...ghax issa qed nidubita lili innifsi. Question



    Mela whilst I take your constructive criticism with an open mind....Please note the pic of the actual ship...This is not the same class u posted David..This is a 'Rollicker Class Tug...and there's quite a few differences between the two vessels. Note how tall the funnels are....the forward funnel is incorporated in the superstructure on the Resolve.. The Respond 's funnel is just behind...notice the bow...the Respond has railings all along and just a short front bow piece with a rubber buffer just underneath....notice the hull buffer which is high up on the Resolve but half way down the hull of the 'Respond'...Notice the shape of the funnels...Oval on the Resolve....round on the Respond...notice the fwd mast on the Respond , how close it is to the superstructure....there's like a box on the Resolve just in front of the superstructure...Notice the funnel like vents....On the Respond they are positioned differently...the Respond has even a pair of these on the bow ..The Resolve hasn't...The masts are also totally different...There's also a kind of superstructure between the funnels on the Resolve....The Respond hasn't...just two plain round quite tall funnels....I hope u don't take this badly...and think that I'm being a bit fscitcous Smile Smile ...I'm going to take the half way road...shorten the funnels ..include the gun platform..unarmed...and fit in a small superstructure between the funnels....yes there's something which I will criticise myself...the stern should have been a tad longer ...used the same word as our brother Ray Smile Smile


    Yesssssss in-Nannu kemm hu BRAVE cheers

    David
    Silver
    Silver

    Posts : 420
    Join date : 2009-07-22
    Age : 54

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  David on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:15 pm

    Now that's SSM spirit

    D

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 pm

    David wrote:Now that's SSM spirit

    D


    Make it X2..... cheers

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 pm

    Louis is this the same Tug..

    HMS Repulse leaving Malta, 1937, with the Rollicker Class tug HMS Roysterer in the foreground


    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 pm




    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 pm







    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm



    this one is 1954

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  in nannu pec on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:21 pm

    grazzi mil qalb Maestro Smile....nahseb li naf fejn qieghed isssa Smile....very close Smile..
    in nannu

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:25 pm

    in nannu pec wrote:grazzi mil qalb Maestro Smile....nahseb li naf fejn qieghed isssa Smile....very close Smile..
    in nannu


    Int ghed tipprova imma issib xi rittrat b xi armi fuqa... Question

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  in nannu pec on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 am

    skyhigh wrote:
    in nannu pec wrote:grazzi mil qalb Maestro Smile....nahseb li naf fejn qieghed isssa Smile....very close Smile..
    in nannu


    Int ghed tipprova imma issib xi rittrat b xi armi fuqa... Question


    Mhemx itratt wiehed li ghandu arma fuqu....mhux se nghamillu....rajtom il funnels kemm huma twal....jien bhall dak tal kulur ha bghamila....u jigri li jrid lol lol...tank u habib
    In Nannu Cool

    jojjemannen
    Admin

    Posts : 430
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 38
    Location : Getinge

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  jojjemannen on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:14 am

    You're as crazy as always In Nannu! Beautiful work!

    /Tiny

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  in nannu pec on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:46 am

    jojjemannen wrote:You're as crazy as always In Nannu! Beautiful work!

    /Tiny

    Hallo my dear friend Joseph...how are you ?....long time Tiny Smile.....we miss you...you know...yes
    In Nannu is still crazy as ever Smile.....Rina Just walked in and asked me to send you her luv and to wish you well brother....keep in touch
    In Nannu Cool

    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1165
    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Age : 51
    Location : Fgura, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  RayCaruana on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:14 am

    Ara pecluq tal-pcielaq pensjonanti ta!! Vera bicca xoghol ta' veru!! Imma it's nice to be a pensioner hux vera Lou?? Jien qed nitlob biex dan il-weekend jinfethu biebien is-sema!!!! Twisted Evil Issa biex taxxaqa kompla jonqosli l-hin Sad

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 pm

    RayCaruana wrote:Ara pecluq tal-pcielaq pensjonanti ta!! Vera bicca xoghol ta' veru!! Imma it's nice to be a pensioner hux vera Lou?? Jien qed nitlob biex dan il-weekend jinfethu biebien is-sema!!!! Twisted Evil Issa biex taxxaqa kompla jonqosli l-hin Sad



    You prayers came true Ray... cheers

    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

    Posts : 1165
    Join date : 2009-08-20
    Age : 51
    Location : Fgura, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  RayCaruana on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 pm

    x'came true, came true Marco Sad Hawn xemx taqli l-ankri rega' Mad No

    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 4654
    Join date : 2009-07-30
    Age : 55
    Location : Qormi, Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  skyhigh on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:19 pm

    RayCaruana wrote:x'came true, came true Marco Sad Hawn xemx taqli l-ankri rega' Mad No


    lol! lol! I was talking about yesterday... lol! lol!

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    AKA RESPOND

    Post  in nannu pec on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 am

    well here's the doomed shortened version of the AKA Respond Smile Smile Smile ...
    pity cause it's not bad Sad Sad Sad ....have already started on the new correct version ...








    jojjemannen
    Admin

    Posts : 430
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 38
    Location : Getinge

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  jojjemannen on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 am

    I live to see your dioramas! Great work as allways!

    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

    Posts : 2019
    Join date : 2009-07-23
    Age : 68
    Location : Qawra Malta

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  in nannu pec on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 am

    jojjemannen wrote:I live to see your dioramas! Great work as allways!

    Thanks Joseph...so good to have you back my friend Smile
    IN nannu

    Iain
    Commended
    Commended

    Posts : 88
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 50
    Location : Cotswolds, UK

    Re: HMS WARSPITE 1942

    Post  Iain on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:51 pm

    Amazing work - and very inspirational! cheers

    Just about to start building some ship models - something I'm finding a little intimidating - but I can see I'll have to keep an eye on this build as I suspect I'm going to learn a huge amount!

    Prosit!

    Iain

      Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 am