SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Samwel18
Dottore
in nannu pec
Ray
olivermifsud
Tancred
Paul Salomone
bcauchi
RayCaruana
alexbb
skyhigh
iCocker
16 posters

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Empty Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938

Post  iCocker Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm

So here is the start of my 'new' vignette, not really new as this was a shelf queen awaiting to be done ... so the story which yet I am going to narrating is the ill fated cavalry charge by the Spanish Republican new BT 5 tanks on the Nationalist held city of Fuentes de Ebro, Spanish Civil War. Infect this battalion formed part of the famous International Brigade formed from Russians, Bulgarian, British, American. Canadian and Spanish tank crew. At the time the new BT5 was the fastest tank in Spain and to gain this advantage soldiers were instructed to act as tank riders, the first time in history ... unfortunetly BT5 were fast and narrow and many poor soldiers fell victom crushed by their own tanks or small fire from the enemy. The charge was ill fated as apart an open field with long vegetation, it was also bisected with trenches and irrigation ditches that halted many tanks which fell victom to Nationalist guns and tank hunters ...

So starting in making a BT5, unfortunetly no decent tank apart the Rhino conversion which just now returned to production and not good for this project as I had in mind to do the interior. The only game in town is the horrible Zvezda option which I had to merge with a much better EA turret, Aber PE, Archer rivets and plastic card ...

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0211

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0210

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0310

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0311

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0313

Last edited by iCocker on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Empty Re: Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938

Post  skyhigh Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Nice work Ivan, and interesting subject as usual ........ cheers
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Empty Re: Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938

Post  iCocker Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks Marco, kumbinazzjoni Russian hux : )

Here are the figures that shall go in, most of them unfortunetly ended like them and many were mercilessly executed ... I am still contemplating with the name, gonna be in Spanish PIEDAD or MISERICORDIA ... meaning PETA/MERCY!

The divercity of uniforms is typical in the Republican Spanish Army, especially the International Brigade, the Adrian helmet and beret were a common feature!

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0315

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Dsc_0316
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm

interesting subjects. more than certain this will end up as another winner
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Prosit siehbi. I already smell another medal snatcher!!
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Looking good and interesting as usual, well thought out. Love the figures. I remember the start of that tank.
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Empty Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938

Post  Paul Salomone Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Prosit IVan,

I fully agree with the others - this shall be another medal snatcher.

Cheers.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks guys ... no trophy hunting but this gonna be another experiment in making modulation effects another step further ... hope you'll like! Probably will not go well with judges but me ne frego ormai!

Brian, this is not the same tank you remember that was the previous dio FEAR and was a BT7 this one is a BT5, I fancy these little sports tanks a lot ...

Iv
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Prosit Ivan, always interesting and original Cool give us some more bounce

Tankred afro
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Tancred wrote:
    Prosit Ivan, always interesting and original Cool give us some more bounce

yes Ivan give us more of these orginal dio, they are very informative ... cheers
    olivermifsud
    olivermifsud
    Highly Commended
    Highly Commended

Post  olivermifsud Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 am

nice piece van and its very interesting
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Sorry for showing i am so primitive in tank spotting but the shape of the front is unmistakably similar.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:04 pm

bcauchi wrote:Sorry for showing i am so primitive in tank spotting but the shape of the front is unmistakably similar.

They are brothers dear Brian, this one is the elder one from the BT family ... : )
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am

Ivan this BT.5 was recoverd in 2008 , I can't read the place...

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Bt-0310

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Bt-1010

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 Bt-1310
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Seems to be in very good condition considering it has been submerged for such a long time.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Marco

What a beauty ...

That is a BT7 not a BT5, the difference is that it has a rounded nose on the front, different wheel hubs, different tracks, different circular engine filter and the exhaust comes out as two instead a whole cylinder. If not mistaken this one was cleaned up and made back as a running condition vehicle and is one of the momorabilia of the Battle for Leningrad [St Petersburg] museum ... by the way the original design for this type of tank was American, Cristie suspension which the US military were not interested it and was then sold by the designer to the ruskies which they perfectly developed into the legendary T34 tank.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Wow, Ivan, goes to prove what i thought that it was in a good condition if they really managed to get it going again.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Great innovative piece again Ivan Twisted Evil

"Misericordia" is more audible IMHO for us Maltese as it was used in some type of prayer for sure, maybe Marco would shed some light re this prayer Embarassed

Would surely STOP the crowds at Euro again this year cheers

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 am

In Spanish Misericordia....means ...forgiveness, mercy...

and for the church..La Coronilla de la Divina Misericordia

or if you want more go to https://www.facebook.com/TheDivineMercyChaplet

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 La_cor10

Misericordia [PIEDAD] - Fuentes de Ebro 1938 La_cor11
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 am

Thank you guys, yeep misericordia or piedad [Pieta], means MERCY and infact that is the message I wish to show, desperate surrendering tankmen awaiting the act of mercy on capture [unfortunetly few were given such a treat from Franco's Moorish allies] ... so do you agree the Misericordia fits more as my Spanish is poor?

I am still puzzled with misericordia as it sounds very religious, on the contrary the Republicans were mostly communists, anarchists and aethists ... the Christians sided with Franco.

Ivan
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 am

iCocker wrote:Thank you guys, yeep misericordia or piedad [Pieta], means MERCY and infact that is the message I wish to show, desperate surrendering tankmen awaiting the act of mercy on capture [unfortunetly few were given such a treat from Franco's Moorish allies] ... so do you agree the Misericordia fits more as my Spanish is poor?

I am still puzzled with misericordia as it sounds very religious, on the contrary the Republicans were mostly communists, anarchists and aethists ... the Christians sided with Franco.

Ivan

Yes Ivan you are right, but still they waited or asked for mercy like you sad , I think that the word is in spanish and it fits good .. cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 am

iCocker wrote:Thank you guys, yeep misericordia or piedad [Pieta], means MERCY and infact that is the message I wish to show, desperate surrendering tankmen awaiting the act of mercy on capture [unfortunetly few were given such a treat from Franco's Moorish allies] ... so do you agree the Misericordia fits more as my Spanish is poor?

Ivan

That's it then.....there is the "artistic contrast" in the title as well which makes it more interesting Twisted Evil agree with Marco cheers

Last edited by Ray on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:21 am

I can see another stunner here Cocru....interesting subject and as usual fine workmanship...
    in nannu

Post  Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 am

I sure this will be another masterpiece.

As for the name both fit the scene considering the atrocities committed by both sides, although I would think that soldiers would have more used the word piedad than misericordia. IMHO I would choose Piedad and avoid any religiuos connotations misericordia might have but finally the choice is yours.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am

Thank you guys ... infact I wanted something in the lines of Italian word PIETA to connect the scene but I know nothing in spanish and the choice from googling came these words to depict Mercy ... so maybe if any spnish speaking viewer can help me out which is the right word would be appreciated!

Iv

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:12 pm