SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
David
jojjemannen
Luke
in nannu pec
William
Dottore
alexbb
Joseph
olivermifsud
Tancred
RayCaruana
bcauchi
iCocker
Samwel18
18 posters

Joint dioramas

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Joint dioramas - Page 5 Empty Re: Joint dioramas

Post  iCocker Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:41 pm

I guess the most incorporated theme in the dio of a TYPICAL Maltese set up would be the 'HOFRA' [pithole] it looks that it has been around so long and we still love to use this word for all difficulties we encounter ... so might we update the name of the dio to IL-HOFRA! cheers Razz
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:15 pm

skyhigh wrote:Mela hadu ghandu id dar , xsar minnu il mudel kien f stat avanzat... cheers

Marco NISKUZA RUHI U NOHROG ILSIENI KOLLU BARRA U NILGHAQ KOLLOX MINN MA L-ART Embarassed pale Sad Huricane MKI Battle of Britain kien gej Embarassed pale Sad

Ray affraid
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Till now I have stayed silent Smile

As I am the one that will be building the Hurricane, I want to make a IIC as IMO it has a more aggresive look and would look better on the dio. JF has a 1/48 MKIIC, 242sqd, tropical scheme and 1941, (check it out on hyperscae), is this OK ?, if not I want something one those lines.

Marco,

Please check what has to be done on the old IIC that Revell used to make to bring it up to today's standards.
    You were right about the MKI, it was at Dad's showcase but I brought it at home, infact I just washed it to remove all the grime that it had collected, no way that I am going to use it as the diorama model! it is a MKI and too basic.
    Still we can utilise it to set up the dio, next Wed I bring it over to club to check dimensions Smile Smile

As soon as I have the relevant info available I will start purchasing things Very Happy Very Happy

J
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:07 am

Well Joe this is the model of the Hurri.. MkIIc our great modeller FJ have made...1/48
    The model represents a Hurricane mk IIc of No.242 sqn. Royal Airforce, Malta 1941
    Joint dioramas - Page 5 Hurric12Joint dioramas - Page 5 Hurric13
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:12 am

Now the models use to find only from Revell in 1/32 are this if we find but Revell have the MK1 in the new release cheers Joint dioramas - Page 5 1_l10Joint dioramas - Page 5 Bgump210I tryu to find what you can find in the aftermarket for the convertion
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 am

These resin parts use to produce from MDC if its still availableJoint dioramas - Page 5 L_wb3210Joint dioramas - Page 5 L_wb3211Joint dioramas - Page 5 L_wb3212Joint dioramas - Page 5 L_wb3213Joint dioramas - Page 5 L_wa3210
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Im not sure they manufacture those anymore Sad Sad Sad

Wil alien
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes I think so.. Will tell your father this is the only MkIIc photo I find in Malta with codes and serial visible , most probably still wear old camof of Dark green, Dark earth anJoint dioramas - Page 5 R10d sky... cheers
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Do you mean that FJ sprayed the wrong scheme Sad ?

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:43 pm

I cannont say yet, because they arrive here in Malta as they are from were they came , so I cannont jugde till I have a photo.. cheers
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:58 pm

This is the colour scheme as R.caruana but the colours are wrong in the photo they look more darker, if they were desert they should lJoint dioramas - Page 5 Le-s10ook more lighter...now if you look at the photo look how lighter are thJoint dioramas - Page 5 H10e desert colours..
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Joint dioramas - Page 5 Hhjj10This is more clear to show the desert colours, if you see the tail next to the aircraft is still in old europe colours..cheers
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Guys before we continue the evergoing debacle of what scheme was painted in and as always it shall be speculations can we decide how a plane is pulled, I would guess they were the odd group as we do in our expo that would push from behind the wings, from what is stated in Lloyd's diary it is clear also ropes were used to pull out of the mud but how is an aircraft tied up to avoid damage in pulling especially if utilising a tracked AFV for the pull + men? I am not sure if the ropes would be tied to the undercarriage, would they tie up from the fuselage or the wings?

I guess to enphasise more the idea the aircraft should have at least one of the wheels drowned in mud, might also have the aircraft tillted to enphasise the idea of a 'whole' more and all the groundcrew, maltese gang workers and might also incorporate POW working to pull out with the aid of an AFV and maybe the pilot outside the cockpit overseeing the operation. X'tahsbu?

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Marco nahseb li qed TAHLI l-hin TFITTEX u TIDDIBATTI fuq il-colour scheme u TIPPROVA TARA BLACK & WHITE pic BIL-KULURI TA' MOHHOK Sad

Fuq il-vetrina naqlghalek il-kappell imma fuq din nerga ntennilek li qed tahli hin prezzjuz minn hajtek, ghax jien mhux ha niehu sehem fiha jekk il-Hurricane MKIIC mhux ha jkun bhal ta FJ!!!!! No more No less Laughing Daqt TISPICCA d-dinja siehbi, mela ejja dak li ghandna nirhanu nirahnuh x'tahseb Sad Embarassed pale ?

Ivan great point re how u x'fatta it should be pulled etc etc. How about depicting a POLEMIKA between the ground crew, pilot and the Maltese Contractor while trying to tow the DESERT SCHEME Hurricane MKIIC lol! ????????????

Ray affraid

Last edited by Ray on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:21 pm

ara jien ukoll ,le hi jien ma kontx ghed niprova nikonvincik bla ebda mod, ma nafx li int ma jinteresawx aktar l schemes u l ajruplani hi.....imma jekk sa nghamlu xahaga u ghed jirigwardja l ajruplani u fuq kollox huk li jhobb l ajruplani sa jibnih, heq tibda min rasa lewwel il bicca, u tibda tajjeb , intom daqs khemm tajdulu lil Sammy miskien fuq il kuluri tal figuers....jew sa nghamlu xahaga bhal lohrajn !!!!! hekk ta malajr ....... cheers Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 pm

skyhigh wrote:ara jien ukoll ,le hi jien ma kontx ghed niprova nikonvincik bla ebda mod, ma nafx li int ma jinteresawx aktar l schemes u l ajruplani hi.....imma jekk sa nghamlu xahaga u ghed jirigwardja l ajruplani u fuq kollox huk li jhobb l ajruplani sa jibnih, heq tibda min rasa lewwel il bicca, u tibda tajjeb , intom daqs khemm tajdulu lil Sammy miskien fuq il kuluri tal figuers....jew sa nghamlu xahaga bhal lohrajn !!!!! hekk ta malajr ....... cheers Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

lol! le l-anqas xejn mhi ta malajr lol!

Tant m'hix ta'malajr li nhoss li jekk nimxu fuq dak li ghamel FJ u l-scheme ta Richard Caruana nkunu mexjin sew Shocked

Li qed nara biss hi li int ma nbdilt qatt u mhux ha tinbidel.....igifieri taf li ahna lkoll INQIMUK bhala bir ma jispicca qatt ta' nformazzjoni, imma li tehel fuq RITRATT BLACK & WHITE u TIPPROVA TARAH BIL-KULUR TA'MOHHOK hija xi haga li ma niflahiex fik, meta tista qed tixkatla xi bicca wing jew tiskrajbja xi bicca tail ta dak l-imbierk ajruplan li m'int ha tlesti qatt Sad

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 pm

hehehehe Laughing Laughing hsibtek biex gej ghed nistenik lilek jew lil Brian Laughing u ijwa xi darba meta inkun bil burdata inkomplih, nixkatla jew nobrox u infitex lin formazjoni laqwa li lili it tini zudizfazjon li ghed mghamel xahaga gha lol! cheers l modelling issa nghamlu jien jew intom jien l aqwa li meta nghamlu xahaga nghamlu sew ... Evil or Very Mad ghalek ahna marufin il club taghna li nghamlu mudelli ta vera b ricerka ta vera ..u mhux inwahlu xi joy stick ma fuselage Laughing :lol:u jekk xi hadd jizbalja f xi mudell ghax qara jew ikopja xi colour scheme li hi hazina, jien ma nireptix liz bal jew ghal inqas ifemu li hazin , ahna mahnix club copy u paste laqwa li lestu.. lol! cheers ..No No No mhux jien....
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 pm

skyhigh wrote:hehehehe Laughing Laughing hsibtek biex gej ghed nistenik lilek jew lil Brian Laughing u ijwa xi darba meta inkun bil burdata inkomplih, nixkatla jew nobrox u infitex lin formazjoni laqwa li lili it tini zudizfazjon li ghed mghamel xahaga gha lol! cheers l modelling issa nghamlu jien jew intom jien l aqwa li meta nghamlu xahaga nghamlu sew ... Evil or Very Mad ghalek ahna marufin il club taghna li nghamlu mudelli ta vera b ricerka ta vera ..u mhux inwahlu xi joy stick ma fuselage Laughing :lol:u jekk xi hadd jizbalja f xi mudell ghax qara jew ikopja xi colour scheme li hi hazina, jien ma nireptix liz bal jew ghal inqas ifemu li hazin , ahna mahnix club copy u paste laqwa li lestu.. lol! cheers ..No No No mhux jien....

Le m'ahniex club li l-aqwa li llestu l-anqas xejn pero meta ghandek daqshekk ritratti black & white li fl-opinjoni tieghi jidhru li huma desert scheme u tipprova tarah bil-kulur tal-mohh ghax hemm ritratt wiehed li juri Hurricane bl-ahdar u l-kannella (li xorta black & white wara kollox) huwa telf ta'hin fl-opinjoni umli tieghi. M'huwiex ricerka f'lokha nerga fl-opinjoni umli tieghi.

U barra minn hekk, id-desert scheme b'dak it-Tropical filter, hafna isbah u iktar jidher aggressiv Very Happy

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 am

Mela sa nerga inteni u nerga najdlek sa tibnu mudel alla AME...ha najdilek laqwa li jogobni u jimpurtanix mil authenticty kif jogobni nghamlu .. mela biex ma thalix hin niextru wiehed diekast u ikun lest (ghax laqwa li ikun desert scheme...hallina u isma vera ghed nahli il hin mieghek lol! lol! jew ghed tiprova it tella it tread kif jghadlek Brian lol! lol! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 am

Intom m'ghandkhomx x'tghamlu jew!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I do not manage to get my hands on the converion set, bye bye diorama. Only then I will start to worry about the scheme and I am 100% sure that an appropriate colour scheme will be found. As for the towing points, I think that the best person to talk to is Ray Polidano so as Vanni said we will pay a visit to aviation museum.

Ivan, as the Hurricane is a huge! model in 1/32, what are the possibilities that the diorama is done in 1/48?

J
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:23 am

I considered a 1/48 but the problem is props, not many figures and less right vehicles available, maybe Tamiya shall come out with a Matilda as till now only a Tilly came out in 1/48 and a Mk2 Bren which is not right for our project ... on another note there is a way to get rid of dimensions with a wedgie, practically the tail might be 'unnecessary' for our project, but again that is diskuttibli ...

Ivan
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:37 am

Conversion set for MKIIC has vanished from this world Smile, so we either shelf this project until maybe a good kit is produced or I consider another aircraft.

Marco/JF what other aircraft are good candidates for such a diorama?

J
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 am

We can still manage with The MkI , why we are escluding the MKI what's wrong heq ..now its not only the colour scheme even the version mela Question Question scratch scratch
    Here if you whant I have a photo of a MKI with (Desert scheme)!!Joint dioramas - Page 5 H11Joint dioramas - Page 5 B10
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:10 am

Even we have other option we can use the swordfish...or the Spitfire?? cheers

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:15 am

So, if the IIc is not available, you have 2 options, that would be about the same sized diorama,
    1. do a spitfire, from march 42 onwards, I think that there would have been bad weather during it operations over here
    2. do the hurricane, but go for the mkI, which is available in kit form presently, and same, it did rain when they were operating, but do not know what AFVs would have been avalibale it is much earlier.

These 2 aircraft were a regular fixture on malta, others were on detachments, or been here for a short time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm