SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
olivermifsud
Gordon
iCocker
William
Aldo
bcauchi
Proximo41
Tancred
David
skyhigh
Joseph
Ray
alexbb
Noel Petroni
Alex Kontiveis
Dottore
in nannu pec
21 posters

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty Update

Post  in nannu pec Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Thanks Brian....will piost some updates probably next week.....have started spraying the beast affraid affraid have also started some shading and weathering on some components of the superstructure....very fiddly and tedious....am doing my nut...parts are so small bounce bounce cyclops cyclops cyclops
    Thanks Aldo for your kind comments...
    so hopefully next week
    Louis
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty Re: Step by Step building the IJN Yamato

Post  bcauchi Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Looing fiorward to it as usual.
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty UPDATE !!!

Post  in nannu pec Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Well I have now started to airbrush the beast ....I have managed to do so with all the major components of the superstructure.
    However, I decided to finish the big guns first before going on to other itemsStep by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209710
    They were first sprayed with enamels and then shadowed with a lighter colour using Tamija acrylics...A generous coat of gloss varnish was appliedStep by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209711Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209712
    washes were applied accordingly and of course the usual highlighting to the main structure was applied..using oils...enamels and acyrlics...in various shades.
    This completed I then tackled to a stage of boiling point and nearlly going up the wall...the fiddly bits....and with a bith of cursing here and there...praying to the good Lord begging forgivness...Imanaged to attach everything in place..including the three barreld AA guns which individually come in 10 seperate parts...and I have to do 26 of them !!!! Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209713Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209714Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209715
    My humble apologies for the pics submitted....couldn't get them any better...need a crash course I think !!! Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209716Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209717Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209718
    I can safely say that the big guns are ready , so I can now put them away for later...next items will be the ships funnel and the front and back towers....that will be some time though...These guns have taken more time than projected...evry part is so small as one can see in the pics compared to a 1 euro coin...so I have to carry on slogging till I get it ready for HIS2010.
    Hope u like the update guys.....
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty Re: Step by Step building the IJN Yamato

Post  Joseph Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm

WOW, WOW and WOW, a real masterpiece, well done, very nice indeed............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

J
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 am

Oh louis a real mster painting...well done.. cheers
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 am

Aw lou, that is super brilliant painting. This update was worth waiting for. Exquisite work as usual but every new model is better than the one before.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:53 pm

excellent work. more please
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 am

Sorry to have missed these updates but it was better actually as I saw them in the flesh and these pics REALLY don't do justice to the exquisite paint job you've done!! Bravo ja PECLUQ Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty Will finish this beast yet !!!!

Post  in nannu pec Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Well I have been down with flu for a week now Sad Sad and I am really fed up cause it doesn't seem to get any better Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil So I said to myself , start to work like mad on the beast and I have been working overtime believe you me...I just want to see this beautiful ship ready.
    I completed both front and aft towers and there was some fiddly work that had to be done after painting the components.Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209719Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209720 A lot of detail was added to the bridge wehich had to be decked and partly rebuilt...detail include observation systems, firing systems ..etc Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209721Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209810 I had now to concentrate on the rear of the tower which consists of a myriad of ladders platforms and of course detailStep by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209722Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209812
    Now to the rear Platorm...very straight forward apart from adding the required detail apart from the two AA guns which are so small and come in about 8 parts...including seats !!!Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209813Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209814Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209815
    The funnel was quite straightforward apart from adding extra piping and new funnel grating..The Ichigo emblem was painted on.Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209816Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209817
    There's a lot of more work to be down ....this beast bristled with AA Guns and armament...All these have to be added on with a complicated piping system around the gun emplacementsStep by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209818
    I have also nearlly completed the steel part of the bow of the ship. One can also notice the unpainted Japanese deck which had a tint of grey at that time....That was a nightmare and I am still not happy with result...but I will get there..definetely. Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209820
    I also started painting and weathering the hull of the ship....initial works only...up to now...but it looks good...Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209821
    I managed to cover a lot of work...This beast will be there at the expo...so I have to finish it and I am enjoying this build very much
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty ooooops

Post  in nannu pec Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Dont know for why but the partial deck part of the bow dissappeared....will post it next time....
    see u wednesday Guys
    IL PEC afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Aw ja Pecluq, that is really great work you've done eh........I'm impressed to say the least cheers

Qis li taghddilek sew l-influwenza qabel ma tigi l-club ta ma tmurx tirkadi w tigi ghar Sad

Isma int ghidtlu l-Joseph biex jibbukkjak ghal Catania Laughing Sad Shocked What a Face bounce

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Yu are really becoming good at this oh great one. That is breathtaking work and this will once again be the best ship build. The figures are even better than your previous ones and it is all coming together so brilliantly. Show us more!!
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Prosit Louis, brilliant work as always. Enjoy seeing a master at work Shocked

Sahha,

Tancred afro
    William
    William
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  William Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:38 am

Nice work Louis. Smile Smile Smile

Wil alien
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty Yamato

Post  in nannu pec Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 am

YEAH YEAH YEAH It's coming together I am pleased to say...After nearlly deciding to bash it against the wall I don't know how many times . I have now attached the wooden deck to the hull , which was no mean feat trying to get a perfect alignment with the forecastle and stern parts of the deck.
    I have also started to place the main components of the superstructure .The turrets are not fixed in place because I havent got the colour of the blast bags quite right yet. That wont be a major problem it will be just trial and error. Hatches and Triple A's gun emplacements fixed into place...don't know how many there were...Thanks Mr BorgBonaci. Cable hoses placed in position (have to be weathered yet)Support railings for main superstructure scratchbuilt using telephone wire...again thanks Mr Segretarju Bla kappell !!!(aka Mr Joe Farrugia)
    The photos I am afraid dont do any justice to the greyish tint that was applied to the deck...the camera did not capture the effect..you will realize that when you see the model in the flesh...but it's there..
    I hope you will like the pics..Hopefully it will be ready for HIS2010...it's really a beautiful ship. I will now start putting it togethere and start work on the main mast plus rigging. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa affraid affraid affraid
    see you guys wednesday....u ejja ha nisiltu kontra l infidel !!!!
    IL PEC
    santaStep by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209810 Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209811Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209812Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209813Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209813Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209814Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209815Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209816Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209817Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209818Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv209819
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 am

Great work indeed lou,,,,,,,, cheers
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Great work, a real masterpiece. I think one of your best Smile Smile

Ha mur niccekja ghax nahseb li ma' bukjajtlekx ta' Smile Smile

J
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Looking greater n greater ja l-ikbar pecluq tad-dinja Laughing

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:25 pm

All it needs is a wave motion engine/gun to look like the Yamato in Starblazers Laughing Joking apart, it looks fantastic, and the wooden deck looks great - good job and well done, looking foward for more posts.

p.s. Suspect - are you sure you are booked Question Better to check again Smile
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Wow Wig, what beast that has got to be. Why do i keep on telling you that it looks better than the previous one. this is a beautiful model of a great looking ship and your work is doing it justice. Well done, what a brilliant looking deck. Truly impressive.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty The master...

Post  Dottore Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

boat builder at work!

Its coming along nicely PEC! Come on one final push and its there...

Dottore

PS do you a break a bottle of bubbly on these beauties when theyre done ? cat
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Hard Rock!!!!javascript:emoticonp('affraid')

I think YAMATO would be very proud looking at his ship under Louis hands!

Louis? Are you gonna build a sub? someday, somehow?
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 am

Prosit Nannu Pec!

This gonna be an eyectacher, love the deck!

PS - While you are at it Lou, give the anchor chain a Burnt Umber wash and some touch ups with Burnt Sienna, to give it that used rusty look, I think will add some colour and contrast on that area!

Prosit again!

Ivan
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  in nannu pec Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Will do Ivan already had it in mind....will do it with final touches before giving it a coat of matt varnish...tanks el presidente.....:SmileSmileSmile
    in nannu pec santa
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Empty progress

Post  in nannu pec Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:01 pm

The beast is coming on nicely...posting some pics of the triple AA machine guns...have to make thirty of them and 6 40 cal AA guns which are a bit bigger...a very tedious and eye bashing job..believe me...Centre superstructure is more or less ready.....attached railings, mast and a few figs...got to get this beast ready for the expo I hope....hope u enjoy the pics
    in nannu pec santa [img]http://i18.servim[url=https://servimg.com/view/14185592/125]Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv200031g.com/u/f18/14/18/55/92/sv200030.jpg[/img][/url]Step by Step building the IJN Yamato - Page 2 Sv200032

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 08, 2024 4:52 pm