SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box

Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Empty 1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 am

Hi Guys...YES its me posting on AFV's topic!!!...You are not dreaming!!!

Due to our club's penalties, I was forced to build an AFV... lol!

So I did. I'm not an AFV builder, I never was. I do not have any Knowledges about, I dont Know about Mig's pigments, pin wash etc.

Why I'm posting this...Because of a lot of argues about the overall look and result. Some people believe that this is a rubbish full of painting and weathering mistakes, by the otherhand, some people believe that its pretty good...and much better than many winning panzers.(!!!!!)

What's your opinion? The truth please. Its not a plane, so I will not feel bad. I just want a second judge.

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Germantanksoldiersattac

According to this pic of Ausf J (23rd div.), I painted it in Panzer Grey and Ochre. I didn't manage to find red markings with white outline of the number "633" in 8mm height so I made a mask and I coded with 431 (11th division) as I saw it on a model in web. I dont care because as I told you I'm not an AFV builder. I just want something good for display case. Nothing else.

So TELL me please. The TRUTH.

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00066d

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00076qg

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00078g

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00083ef

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00094q

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00085g

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00065j

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00062fo

Last edited by Alex Kontiveis on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Empty Re: 1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box

Post  Ray Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:12 am

Alex good morning......how is the weather over there? Sticky and humid and scorching hot like ours? I'm praying daily for that sweet sound of thunder and raindrops I love you

I'm in the same shoes as you are. I don't know nothing about Tanks Sad

But IMHO you executed a very very good job and judging from the pics, you got pretty familiar with Mig's pigments Laughing

Either or and irrelevant of what people may think of this Tank, you still deserve a round of BIG applause for sticking your neck out to build something out of your perimeter pale
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Empty Re: 1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box

Post  Alex Kontiveis Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 am

Hi Ray,
    The weather here is sunny and very HOT!!!! I want winter BACK to model like a human being not like an Hybrid!

Anyway. Thank you. I didn't use Mig's pigments and other AFV's tools. Actually the MIG's school builders say the worst about it...I painted it and weather it with airbrush and washed it with oils. Nothing else.

Yes its totally out of interests and nothing to do with my way of modelling and painting.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 am

Alex Kontiveis wrote:Hi Ray,
    The weather here is sunny and very HOT!!!! I want winter BACK to model like a human being not like an Hybrid!

Anyway. Thank you. I didn't use Mig's pigments and other AFV's tools. Actually the MIG's school builders say the worst about it...I painted it and weather it with airbrush and washed it with oils. Nothing else.

Yes its totally out of interests and nothing to do with my way of modelling and painting.

alex
    morning. i quite like what you did. my only reservation is that on this particular vehicle the dark yellow camo should be wider. as regards to weathering mediums it is not a question of which is best but a question of which you feel comfortable using. one of the best, if not the best afv modeller rarely uses pigments, he uses oil washes and controlled drybrushes. mario eens is the guy and his work speaks for itself with golds at euromilitaire and best of classes and shows all around europe.

beleive me for someone who builds magnificent flying machines this is good no actually very very good
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:11 am

Hi my friend, i need to find some time to check this out at home. Cannot see it at the office.
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Empty Nice panzer...

Post  Dottore Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Very well done from a wingy guy Laughing

I'd remove the flag if possible...looks a bit too rigid. Just about the only thing i didnt like mate!

Well done!

Dottore
    Alex Kontiveis
    Alex Kontiveis
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Alex Kontiveis Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks guys. Are you sure that nothing goes wrong on this? I'm surprised... HIT hard.

Here are a couple of pics WITHOUT flash. Daylight shots.

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00074w

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00075pe

1/35 Dragon Panzer III Ausf J Out of the box Dsc00068t

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

i love it like i love all the models you build but i don;t like the flag on it. it is somehow unnatural and looks really stiff. Otherwise brilliant.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 am