SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
alexbb
Dottore
clioguy
7 posters

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Empty Re: Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

Post  clioguy Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Ok guys, can we get back to the Jap pls??? Mhux amiltuli hijack tat-thread!! Evil or Very Mad
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Empty Re: Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR)

Post  iCocker Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 pm

clioguy wrote:Ok guys, can we get back to the Jap pls??? Mhux amiltuli hijack tat-thread!! Evil or Very Mad

Japs huma nies gejjien min gzira, ghandhom ghajnejhom igebdin ihobbu sushi u tajbin hafna fl-arti marzjali ... xi trid tkun taf aktar, whatever?
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:48 pm

iCocker wrote:
    clioguy wrote:Ok guys, can we get back to the Jap pls??? Mhux amiltuli hijack tat-thread!! Evil or Very Mad

Japs huma nies gejjien min gzira, ghandhom ghajnejhom igebdin ihobbu sushi u tajbin hafna fl-arti marzjali ... xi trid tkun taf aktar, whatever?

U GHANDHOM IL GEISHA U IL MANGA
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm

insejtu sashimi, hentai, feng shui, u Nakajima
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:44 pm

ARA LETS TALK ABOUT THE OSCAR TOO MANY DEVIATIONS NOW
    lol!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 pm

How about the SAMURAI who most of them flew these birds pale ?

Post  Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Dottore wrote:once you go acrylic...you wont go back.

Others in the club keep to acrylics cos they have a huge depot of enamel based paints and are opbviously reluctant to throw away....

The colour vividity of acrylics is unmatched...dry faster and non toxic...

Any advantages of enamels?

Dottore

I am an enamel fanatic Razz What a Face and I will not switch to acrylics as long as enamels are available, even having to go get them myself Twisted Evil and has nothing to do with existing stock.

as for the advantages, I think you meant the advantages enamels have on acrylics Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post  Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:54 pm

clioguy wrote:insejtu sashimi, hentai, feng shui, u Nakajima

and I am starting to wonder who is hijacking who lol! lol!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 pm

J.Fenech wrote:

Others in the club keep to acrylics cos they have a huge depot of enamel based paints and are opbviously reluctant to throw away....

Dottore

I am an enamel fanatic Razz What a Face and I will not switch to acrylics as long as enamels are available, even having to go get them myself Twisted Evil and has nothing to do with existing stock.

as for the advantages, I think you meant the advantages enamels have on acrylics Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

No Joe, I do not agree. Both parties can do the same jobs, depend how you manage to master them. I do not feel one has an advantage on another on the finish and performance. The BEST advantage acrylics have is that they can dry faster and allow you further work and glazes. Apart they are durable to certain heavy weathering effects, especially if you go with alcahols and thinners, something enemels can't really do as they are made the same substance ... this is the same as in figures, there used to be fans for acrylics and used to be fans for oils, still no one outride the other, now who is sane gets the best out of the two!

alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:59 pm

iCocker wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:

Dottore

No Joe, I do not agree. Both parties can do the same jobs, depend how you manage to master them. I do not feel one has an advantage on another on the finish and performance. The BEST advantage acrylics have is that they can dry faster and allow you further work and glazes. Apart they are durable to certain heavy weathering effects, especially if you go with alcahols and thinners, something enemels can't really do as they are made the same substance ... this is the same as in figures, there used to be fans for acrylics and used to be fans for oils, still no one outride the other, now who is sane gets the best out of the two!

and most important to us mud huggers its very resistant to our (mine especially) weathering
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:01 pm

do you want me to move this to the Paints section instead??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Vera 11 Sept., imma hijack bhal din ma stennejtiex!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:35 pm

clioguy wrote:do you want me to move this to the Paints section instead??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Vera 11 Sept., imma hijack bhal din ma stennejtiex!

Tassew you are an ADMIDISTRATOR so you can always "clean up" your thread from this unlawful hijacking lol!

Isma shall we investigate who was/were the proper culprit/s lol! ?

Qas haqq jehel kulhadd hux Sad
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:43 pm

ma tarax mhux se naghmel pastazata bhal dik!! immur innehhi posts li ma fihom xejn hazin (hlief li qedin fit-topic hazin)
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 pm

clioguy wrote:ma tarax mhux se naghmel pastazata bhal dik!! immur innehhi posts li ma fihom xejn hazin (hlief li qedin fit-topic hazin)

Mhux tithahhomlhom fuq PAINTING.....Enamels/Oils or ACRYLICS....that is what I meant by "clean up" ta pale
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Back to the original subject of the thread, OSCAR is now ready for it's gloss coat and panel lines weathering.... question is, do I still use OILS to weather the panel lines, or should I use something else? What about the colour of the wash, do I stick with burnt umber, or should I use another colour?

Thanks!
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Any help anyone on what I should use to highlight the panels? What type of wash? Oil, pastels, etc? What colours would suit best on the green and the bare silver?

Thanks
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Mela you did not attend summer school Twisted Evil ?

Joking apart, I'm LOST re this so I invite the non taitors to help you affraid

Good luck bro pale
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:02 pm

clioguy wrote:Any help anyone on what I should use to highlight the panels? What type of wash? Oil, pastels, etc? What colours would suit best on the green and the bare silver?

Thanks

my opinion is that
    THE SHADING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE THE CHIPPING IM AFRAID.
    you can still apply some shading first by giving the panel lines a burnt umber oil wash/fill than by carefully airbrushing same burn umber oil wash mixed with some varnish around the panels
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm

alex wrote:
    clioguy wrote:Any help anyone on what I should use to highlight the panels? What type of wash? Oil, pastels, etc? What colours would suit best on the green and the bare silver?

Thanks

my opinion is that
    THE SHADING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE THE CHIPPING IM AFRAID.
    you can still apply some shading first by giving the panel lines a burnt umber oil wash/fill than by carefully airbrushing same burn umber oil wash mixed with some varnish around the panels

I have pre-shaded the panels prior to applying the IJA Green. What I meant is, what is best to fill the panel lines now? Burnt umber again? Also, this should be done AFTER applying the gloss varnish, right?
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 pm

sorry cant see them either the pics are a bit drk or most probably my eyesight is playng up again. it would be advisable to do it after varnish. just ask for more feedback from the wingy guys

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Definitely apply any washes on gloss surface only, otherwise they will get stuck to a matt surface, and you need to seal the colors for protection. I would not play with any shading at this stage as I feel it is a bit risky and might not get the desired effect but that is my opinion. My personal choice about the wash would be raw umber mixed with black, to get a dirty black. Whether you use oils or others it is up what you use as gloss varnish and your confidence. Today on the market there are ready made washes, example, promodeller washes, which are clay based, so they should not harm the paintwork, by I havent used them yet, so I cannot tell.
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:09 pm

For the benefit of those who did not come at the club, here are some photos of the Nakajima KI-43-II Oscar. Hope you like it. The kit has some inaccuracies from my side, but overall I am quite happy with how it turned out....also because this is the first kit I completed since joining the club. I will take more care when doing the rest of my kits....

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Photo011

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Photo012

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Photo013

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Photo014

Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Photo015
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:40 pm

ok i know i build afv's but i like heavy weathering on planes, i like this one but would have loved it if it was just a little dirtier in terms of grime, oilstains etc. none the less, i still think you did a great job of it
    ascomt
    ascomt
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  ascomt Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Good work Duncan...great finish.. I really like the "battered" look on the plane...it looks like it really went through hell Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Happy0158

so then....what's next ???

Alex
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:27 pm

ascomt wrote:Good work Duncan...great finish.. I really like the "battered" look on the plane...it looks like it really went through hell Nakajima Ki-43-II Hyabusa (OSCAR) - Page 2 Happy0158

so then....what's next ???

Alex

Currently working on an Aermacchi MB339PAN Frecce aircraft in 1/48. Started it about 3 yrs ago and never got around finishing it....I am also getting some help with it, as you can see in this thread >> here!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 am