SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

canopy covers

AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

canopy covers Empty canopy covers

Post  AdriaN Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Guys, im about to make a canopy cover for my Mystere. Just some advice on how/ what to use pls Exclamation What tissue is best? how can i remove the creases?

I am planning to brush thinned pva onto tissue paper, place it on the model (with a protective layer of plastic food wrap under it) and let dry. what about using foil?

I read about a technique using tea bags! (without tea of course) Rolling Eyes

Tipo..
    canopy covers Untitl10
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

canopy covers Empty Easier....

Post  Dottore Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 am

if you use magic sculp or duro....

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

canopy covers Empty Re: canopy covers

Post  iCocker Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:02 am

Best way using magic sculpt or duro putty, roll them very thin with talcum powder [terra tal-1,2,3 ] and shape it up on the canopy and let it dry and then paint.

If you want to use the tissue technique, try to find untextured type as would really look out of scale / good idea using plastic as a mask underneath ... happy modelling, brother!
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:31 pm

iCocker wrote:Best way using magic sculpt or duro putty, roll them very thin with talcum powder [terra tal-1,2,3 ] and shape it up on the canopy and let it dry and then paint.

If you want to use the tissue technique, try to find untextured type as would really look out of scale / good idea using plastic as a mask underneath ... happy modelling, brother!

Where in malta can i get these modelling clays? the cover is gonna be paper thin so, wudnt it break or flake?

tissue paper is always a cheaper alternative Razz
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 am

Duro can be bought as Green Stuff by Warhammer from Forbiddon Power Msida it comes a a blue and yellow ribbon when mixed becomes green. Duro is not 'clay' but an epoxy putty that cures in a rubby type material and can be paper thin and never flakes if mixed properly. You can also use White Milliput as an alternative.

AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:16 pm

DONE!

I used tissue & PVA technique.
    For weathering I drybrushed it with the canopy blue and added to it light grey, progressively. Until I ended just using light grey alone on the highest parts of the folds. Then a very light black oil wash with a fine brush onto the recessed parts of the folds to create depth, shadows and a bit of a dirt filter.

I am now contemplating whether i should do tying cables for the cover :hmmm:

For a first timer... im impressed! cheers

canopy covers IMG_8388

canopy covers IMG_8395

canopy covers IMG_8398

canopy covers IMG_8399

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content