SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
iCocker
bcauchi
Spacefan
7 posters

Greetings from Space

Spacefan
    Spacefan

Greetings from Space Empty Greetings from Space

Post  Spacefan Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi greetings from Space,
    As you can see from my introduction I am a Space fan. I am happily married to my wife Simone and we have a ten year old boy Nicholas. I had started building a few models at the age of 10 which was at the time of the early 70’s, the Apollo era, that is when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first landed on the moon. At that time I had done a few Airfix models one of which was the Lunar Module and a few other models like Aircraft carriers etc. Unfortunately none of these models lived to tell the tale. Crying or Very sad

At the age of 13 my other passion cropped up, Astronomy. This was a passion that lasted for a few years but at that time equipment was neither affordable nor advanced like today. I restarted this hobby about 6 years ago and have never looked back. Very Happy

There again about three years ago I rediscovered the wonderful world of Models. I started my collection with some Space Collectors Models which I proudly display in Acrylic boxes. Since then I have also collected a few Space un-built models ranging from resin to plastic some of the later date back from sixties.

This is one of the reason I have joined SSM as I have seen some really wonderful models and would like to share some ideas. Amongst these models I have a rare 1:540 1969 Revell + 3 CVS-12 Hornet Aircraft Carrier which I would like to build as a Diorama for the Apollo 11 recovery. I have seen Louis Carrabot’s fine Aircraft carriers which truly impressed me.

I think I have said more than enough about myself, I wish everybody all good health and enjoy model building. cheers

Alessandro

Last edited by Spacefan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Greetings from Space Empty Re: Greetings from Space

Post  bcauchi Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:10 am

Welcome Alessandro, i hope that you find what you are looking for here. I am sure you will find help here. It would be really nice if you could show us some of your models. It would be nice to see someone with different building preferences. have a good modeling time.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 am

That is interesting subject, something different from the warhogs we all like What a Face and 'futuristic'. If not mistaken recently Dragon came up with large dio of the Apollo ... nice to see and have your project shared with us!

Ivan
    Gordon
    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Gordon Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Welcome aboard
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Greetings from Space Empty Merhba (welcome)

Post  Dottore Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Please share ypur work...looking forward...

On a slightly different note I was once tempted to build a Star Wars space craft...not really Nasa style but still space I reckon :-)

Dottore
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Wellcome Alessandro, interesting subject....... cheers
    Spacefan
    Spacefan

Post  Spacefan Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi again, thank you for a very warm welcome, at the moment I am in the process of doing a new studio for my hobby. I am moving all my toys and tools from home to the top of my shop so I am going to have ample space to display my models and should have an excellent work space. Sometime next week I should be erecting some metal shelving and will start shifting things. Very Happy

When I get things organized I will take some decent photos of my models and my new studio to share with you guys. Please be patient as I am in the Shoe Trade business and so I would be very busy with my shop at this time of the year.

Another thing I would like to ask the administrator is that my models are ready made Scale models, is it permissible for me to show them on the SSM site? confused confused confused

During time you had a lot of companies doing finely detailed ready Space models, I can assure you that these models are of museum quality. The Brands are various like Franklin Mint, Code 3, Bandai, etc.

That is all for now, Sleep enjoy model building.

Alessandro
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:49 am

Still it is nice to see these models, might be that in the future you can in the habit of making them 'yours' by repainting them and maybe set them in a dio?
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Welcome on board spacefan, show us some of your space collection.

Spacefan
    Spacefan

Post  Spacefan Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:39 am

I have tried to upload a few photos but was not given permission as I haven't been for 7 days in this Forum. Sorry Guys. lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am