SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Wayne
RayCaruana
Tancred
Dottore
iCocker
Ray
bcauchi
11 posters

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty 1874 gatling1/3 scale

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi all
    before I started building the tiger I spent a couple of years building the famous machine gun invented by Dr Richard Jordan Gatling ,the version I made is the 1874 version which had 10 barrells and a self contained metalic cartridge,I have posted some pictures of it for you to see it is in 1/3 scale
    Joe

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0023

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0024

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0025

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0026

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0027

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0028

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0029

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Imgp0030
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

Post  in nannu pec Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm

KEMM INT BRAVU HABIB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is absolutely awesome !!!!...of course you can bring this amazing piece of work to the expo...your workmanship is simply amazing !!!
    I agree with the guys if visitors can see your cat in full metal jacket ...the workmanship can be appreciated more...where were you my friend .....you are the ultimate of modelers...!!!
    in nannu What a Face
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

Post  Wayne Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

scale modelling on a whole different scale What a Face

I agree with the rest of the boys, would be great if you could show off your masterpieces during the expo.

www.ScaleModelBench.com

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty tiger1

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Aw Louis
    Issa toqodux tghagbuha ghax ha nibda nisthi,par idejn bhal ta kulhadd ghandi,il mudelli li tghamlu inthom lilli issahruni ukoll ghax jigu qishom to vera, kollox fih il kapacita tieghu biex tghmlu. pero grazzi tal kumplimenti
    Joe
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:23 pm

jobeth@maltanet.net wrote: Aw Louis
    Issa toqodux tghagbuha ghax ha nibda nisthi,par idejn bhal ta kulhadd ghandi,il mudelli li tghamlu inthom lilli issahruni ukoll ghax jigu qishom to vera, kollox fih il kapacita tieghu biex tghmlu. pero grazzi tal kumplimenti
    Joe

Joe you DESERVE ALL THE ACCOLADES & MORE!!!!!!!

Come on hallik milli tisthi......YOU'VE GOT IT SO FLAUNT IT BRO I love you cheers

Strip the Cat to full metal jacket so that it will be inline with the Gatling & let the World stand in AWE of your Creations king

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:46 pm

You must share these beauties mate ... and our expo is the place to be! You meet us and also people that apreciate such work!

So this March we expect you and please come over to our club ... will be very happy to meet you!

Ivan

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty tiger

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello
    All of you want to see the tiger in bare metal and all i ever wanted was to paint it so it will look like the real thing,now it is very difficult to take all the paint off as it is a two pack paint it won,t come off with just thinners, I will have to use paint remover and probably have to dismantle all the road wheels again to remove all the paint,it took me nearly a month to assemble them as they assemble nearly like the real ones and all the small nuts on them are there to hold them together, also there is the zimmerit coating which I will not take off again, apart from being murder to take off , for me it was impossible to find any milliput locally as none of the ironmongeries seem to stock it any more and i had to get it from england,I will paint the tiger in the dark yellow basecoat, hopefully it will look presentable
    regards
    Joe
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Good point here Joe, I think a basic coat will resolve the issue, but maybe printing a couple of images when it was metal will help people understand what you went through ... ejja ha narawh!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 pm

jobeth@maltanet.net wrote: Hello
    All of you want to see the tiger in bare metal and all i ever wanted was to paint it so it will look like the real thing,now it is very difficult to take all the paint off as it is a two pack paint it won,t come off with just thinners, I will have to use paint remover and probably have to dismantle all the road wheels again to remove all the paint,it took me nearly a month to assemble them as they assemble nearly like the real ones and all the small nuts on them are there to hold them together, also there is the zimmerit coating which I will not take off again, apart from being murder to take off , for me it was impossible to find any milliput locally as none of the ironmongeries seem to stock it any more and i had to get it from england,I will paint the tiger in the dark yellow basecoat, hopefully it will look presentable
    regards
    Joe

Hej Joe, don't fret too much bro coz you'll age before time pale

JUST BE KIND & BRING YOUR MASTERPIECE TO THE EXPO ANYWAY IT WOULD BE I love you cheers

As Ivan said, printing some shots of the Tiger as it was during construction, would be greatly ENJOYED & APPRECIATED by your SSM brethren & the general public alike I love you cheers

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 - Page 2 Empty tiger

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Ray
    You are right about ageing prematurly,I am taking this hobby too seriously,I have many a sleepless night thinking of how to machine the parts for the models,but that,s the way I am,and I cannot change, but the momentary high you get when something turns out the way you wanted is priceless, one thing is for sure, I will never again do a project of this magnetude, I will stick to models which only take a maximum of one year to build,probably back to steam engines again,
    Kind regards
    Joe
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:52 am

No steam engines please ... more MGs maybe : )

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 pm

or maybe scale models of ww2 cannons like the 88, bofors etc, etc, I wonder if there are any drawings available on the net for them..
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:04 pm

jobeth@maltanet.net wrote: or maybe scale models of ww2 cannons like the 88, bofors etc, etc, I wonder if there are any drawings available on the net for them..

Pity Marco's PC is down, he would most probably shower you with pictures of the things Very Happy

He's definitely the best at finding reference material

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Wayne wrote:
    jobeth@maltanet.net wrote: or maybe scale models of ww2 cannons like the 88, bofors etc, etc, I wonder if there are any drawings available on the net for them..

Pity Marco's PC is down, he would most probably shower you with pictures of the things Very Happy

He's definitely the best at finding reference material

Twisted Evil No way I'm going to give up, I'm still flying on one engine .. some how I managed to asemmbly one comp from three , and I hope that I mannage to do it .....hahah:cheers:

Joe if you want info, plans etc... just lets now we all can help you .......cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am