SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Wayne
RayCaruana
Tancred
Dottore
iCocker
Ray
bcauchi
11 posters

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi everybody,
    For the last three years I have been scratch building a late Tiger 1 tank, and its nearly finished . I have finally gotten round to the paint job, however I have realized that I am not skilled enough to get the desired effects.Are any of you skilled modellers willing to do for me?
    I will post some pictures of it in about a week , for anyone that is interested.
    Thanks
    Regards Joe
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty Re: 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

Post  bcauchi Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 am

Sounds like you did an amazing job, looking forward to those pics.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty Re: 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1

Post  Ray Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Don't keep us waiting soooooo long please Evil or Very Mad

We want pics ASAP cheers
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Yep I agree a 1/6th Tiger surely is not a thing to miss ... looking forward for pics!

Ivan
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty pic pic pic

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 pm

show us pics!!!!!

pleaaaaaase!

Dottore
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:35 pm

jobeth@maltanet.net wrote:Hi everybody,
    For the last three years I have been scratch building a late Tiger 1 tank, and its nearly finished . I have finally gotten round to the paint job, however I have realized that I am not skilled enough to get the desired effects.Are any of you skilled modellers willing to do for me?
    I will post some pictures of it in about a week , for anyone that is interested.
    Thanks
    Regards Joe

As I saw your note above I went searching in the Forum setup and disabled a security feature I was not aware of. You should be able to post pics now bounce

And by the way welcome on board and looking forward to see the beast Cool

Tankred afro

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty sorry I took so long

Post  Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 am

Sorry I took so long as I had more urgent things to do........
    Here are the photos I promised to post, if anyone is interested to help me with the paint job, I would really appreciate it, this project has taken three years of my life, and its a shame to ruin it with a bad paint job.
    Thanks Joe
    here is a link to a video I posted of the canon firing, with recoil...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egAe7XdkehY
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Photo013

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0010
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0019
    rear view with zimmerit
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0121
    front view
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0122
    bosch headlight.. made from 40 individual pieces
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0123
    rear deck detail
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0124
    as you can see not a very good attempt on the camo
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0125
    another bad attempt
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0126
    1/6th scale h.e.a.t 88mm shell
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0020
    loaders hatch
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0021
    turret with zimmerit
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Imgp0022
    anti aircraft mg34 mount
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P1310311
    bosch headlight before paint
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P2040311
    jack block detail
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P2070310
    sledge hammer
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P2090310
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P2150310
    radiator grills
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P3010310
    rear deck
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P3010410
    tetra fire extinguisher
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P3090411
    15 tonne jack
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P3220411
    jack, pawl and ratchet
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P3220412
    sprocket
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P6040410
    swing arms
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P6060411
    jerry cans
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 P6100410
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa230012
    mg34 armored barrel
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa230013
    stowage bins with small padlocks
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa280011
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pb060111
    detail of engine heater
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa260010
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa270010
    detail of working convoy light
    1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Pa270011
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 am

Simply WOW!

Is this a scratchbuilt? You amazed me this morning, seeing a damn nice cat, you have made a wonderful late Tiger1, love all details inc the zimmerit very up to scale.

If not mistaken the back jerrycan carrier was a field modification by a particular unit ... if I recall correctly served in Normandy, so painting, one has to find the right scheme.

Man you have to come over to our club and yes you should exhibit this cat this coming exhibition ... please do come, you have so nice a gem which is a pity not to see in real! Surely at our club we will help you and assist you with the paint job!

I like that you are using the red primer as the real thing, if you are planning a late model remember to prime the gun [not the muzzle] in grey as it seems that was the norm for guns, so when you aplly some scratches it will show the difference ...

PS - I noticed you are using the Tamiya kit for referance/scaling, I would rather have prefered the Dragon as they have a more corrected cat ... but still these are minor issues as the job is awesome! Prosit!

Ivan

Last edited by iCocker on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am

I echo Ivan's words completely!! Yes, you MUST come to the club. I'm more than sure that the AFV nuts and all the others will find your job extremely interesting and will certainly help you with your painting.
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am

I'm no AFV expert but DAMN that's a nice looking cat. I agree with my mates, you definitely must come over to the club.

Well done!!

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:36 am

Same goes here for everything said above & before me Twisted Evil
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Ray wrote:Same goes here for everything said above & before me Twisted Evil

Make this X 2...and wow what an impressive big cat......... cheers
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty Great CAT!!!

Post  Dottore Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm

not a german AFV affecionado myself but impressive skills mate well done! Please let us see it in the flesh (or rather in the metal...hehe)

Dottore
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Paul Salomone Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello Jobeth,

WELL DONE - A very beautiful piece of model engineering. When considering that the model was made from steel, it's a state of the art scale model. Wink

As most of the SSM members know I own a real MG34, and I can confirm that the one you have made, leaves nothing to be desired. Surprised

Are the track links casted from white metal or resin. Shocked

I fully agree with all the others - you must come over to our club house. We meet every Wednesday evening. Please come, and bring the big cat with you.
    cheers
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty iMPRESIVE !

Post  in nannu pec Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 pm

WOW !.... affraid affraid
    This is some model....no wonder it took 3 years to complete....will ec ho what everybody else has written...you must definetely come over and let's see this masterpiece in the flesh...
    Prosit habib...amazing !
    In nannu
    smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 am

I don't know the first thing about tanks and AFV's but this is un frickin' believable!!!!! What a job. All my compliments go to you. hope I have the chance to see it live soon

Steve

Post  Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:53 am

Wow, that is an a impressive, amazing piece of engineering and work!!

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty thanks

Post  Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello all
    I would like to thank you all for the nice comments you made about my project
    many thanks
    Joe
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Hey Joe, this is totally amazing, you have set a new level for modeling here. Do you think you will be able to have this over for the Expo? That would be such a crowd puller. Amazing!!!

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty tiger1

Post  Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi
    Beleive me I would love to bring it over to the expo ,I can now say for sure that it will be ready for paint in a weeks time,but I don,t think it will be painted by the begining of next month,and I really don,t want people to see it in the state it is in ,I might give it another coat of beige base colour and bring it and then work on the camo after, another thing I have to do for it is some sort of lifting device as at the moment I am taking it down off it,s table by means of a chain blocks as it weighs Kg120 and I am afraid that i might damage it like this, Any way we,ll just have to wait and see
    Kind regards
    Joe
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:18 am

jobeth@maltanet.net wrote: Hi
    Beleive me I would love to bring it over to the expo ,I can now say for sure that it will be ready for paint in a weeks time,but I don,t think it will be painted by the begining of next month,and I really don,t want people to see it in the state it is in ,I might give it another coat of beige base colour and bring it and then work on the camo after, another thing I have to do for it is some sort of lifting device as at the moment I am taking it down off it,s table by means of a chain blocks as it weighs Kg120 and I am afraid that i might damage it like this, Any way we,ll just have to wait and see
    Kind regards
    Joe

Why not let people to see it the way it is now? How are the people going to appreciate your workmanship Joe? If it was me, since the painting is not ready per se, I would EXPOSE it as it is Twisted Evil

However I can't wait for your MASTERPIECE to ADORN our EXPO anyway you might feel it should be EXPOSED Cool

Just my 2c worth of opinion pale
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late tiger 1

Post  Paul Salomone Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 am

Good morning Joe, sunny

I fully agree with Ray, I would rather exhibit the model as it is. As soon as the visitors see the master piece, I am quite sure that you will have a lot of explaining to do.

Believe me, it is a master piece. All the brothers of the SSM will be very happy to see you at our model expo togather with your big cat. If you have any problem with the transport, just advise me. I can help you out. Basketball Basketball

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty tiger1

Post  Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am

Hello
    Once again I thank you for your kind words, but at the moment it has two different camo schemes on it (one on each side)and for me it looks crap, my friends tell me that it still looks good but I tell them that they do not understand,I don,t think it should be too much hassle to give it a just a basecoat, as for transport I think it fits in my car, and getting it inside only requires the use of a couple of planks and just drive it up into the boot,the biggest problem at the moment is to fabricate some sort of lifting device, but if I would bring it to the expo for that one time we can manually lift it,it requires four poeple to do it , I also have made a 1/3 scale gatling gun which is very nice to see as well ,if it is withen the rules of the club ,can I bring it as well?
    Cheers
    Joe
    Paul Salomone
    Paul Salomone
    Gold
    Gold

1/6 scale all metal scratch built late Tiger1 Empty 1/6 scale all metal scratch built late tiger 1

Post  Paul Salomone Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Joe, Cool

As I said, we can give you all the help you need, and yes please, you can bring the gatling gun as well. cheers

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Are you kidding, what you are doing is scale modelling, we are not strict on any material, as long as it is to scale, and you have proven that!

Would be nice if you re-prime the cat, would look strange with two camos ... maybe you can give it like the original; a brick red coat as primer and add some notes and numerals with chalk as they did at the factory on the real thing ... would look atrective and next process you'll go for the original scheme, like the real thing!
    Or else bring it back to raw metal ...

Come on lets see this beast! Would love to see the gatling, is it still in raw metal finish?

Ivan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm