SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
skyhigh
Ray
naimespseudos
bcauchi
Scirocco
9 posters

Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7

Post  skyhigh Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Gordon it looks brillant, but judging the photos looks more bluish or it was an early scheme beacuse these are tortaly diferent colours...

Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 Jh-7_f10

Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 800px-10
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7

Post  Ray Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Ha jibda hu Evil or Very Mad

It looks the SAME COLOUR to my eyes Suspect
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Marco, I am using the second picture that you posted and to my eyes it looks very close. The first photo a some sort of development aircraft. It still has the fences on the wings which were later removed from production aircraft. I have been forced to make a red serial number and not yellow one which I preferred, mostly as the chinese roundel (Do we call that a roundel?) is carried on the fin and not on the rear fuselage, but the yellow numbers with that font that I have are either too big or too small, but I can cut from the kit's red serials to get the size on the aircraft. I am still not sure what colour the anti shipping missiles are, the proper versions and not the yellow and blue test samples often seen in photos. They are probably white with a blue warhead, but still not sure. As modelling goes, it's better to make an F-16 than these Chinese aircraft, but the more obscure they are, the more interesting I find them!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:14 am

Gordon I agree with you ...this is modeling trying to find the correct answear.. and yes it's more interesting to see something differnt...

And By the way Ray Evil or Very Mad this is not a fantasy model figure... lol!
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:15 pm

After searching through all my decals and several kits for the numbers, I had to settle for these, and though not 100% accurate, they are close, only slighlty too bold, and a little large. It will now receive a slight wash where need, and off for the final varnish. It still requires some antennas and there is also what I think are chaff/flare dispensers just beneath the tailplanes which I still have to make somehow.
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9234_j10
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9235_j10
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9237_j10
    Scirocco
    Scirocco
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Scirocco Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:25 pm

And it seems that I got addicted to kits that need chopping up! This is Kiddyland's (that must be the silliest name for a kit manufacturer) AIDC Ching Kuo Taiwanese fighter, which they designed and built with assistance from the US. It seems to be a hybrid between an F/A-18 and an F-16. They do carry a nice camo though! The plans are not 100% accurate so I am sticking more to the photo for angles and proportions. The fuselage seems to be very close which eliminates most of the hard work.
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9227_c10
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9231_c10
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 9229_c10
    And the real thing:
    Yet another horrible Trumpeter kit! Xian JH-7 - Page 2 14931610
    Anyone has any suggestion for nozzles for this one? F-16 are the closest I've come, but they are too big.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Looks nice camouflage......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm