SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Interesting AFV seen at London....

Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Interesting AFV seen at London.... Empty Interesting AFV seen at London....

Post  Dottore Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:35 am

Saw many AFVs in London museums...this I saw driving around filled with tourists...a DUKW!

Interesting AFV seen at London.... London10

Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Interesting AFV seen at London.... Empty Re: Interesting AFV seen at London....

Post  bcauchi Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

What a brilliant idea to keep the old girl running.
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

Brilliant Idea, u ahna hawn erba'buses nahseb anke jafu WWI u ridu neqirduhom!!!!!

Kemm ahna bravi Hu!!!!!!!!!!!!

J
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 am

TYPICALLY BRITISH
    thet take care of anything that formed part of their past

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Believe it or not an attempt for something similar was tried in Malta using Stalwarts however unbelieveable Red Tape shot the project down.

PS as far as I know the Stalwarts are still in Malta.
    Cheers
    John study
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm

I think in Malta we still have a DUKW somwhere. Not sure if it is the same my father remember an incident that ended badly that some HIBS supporters were coming back from the Msida stadium [at that time in the 50s] and the DUKW was loaded with fireworks for celebration and went bad as it exploded, killing some of the men onboard. Not sure if it is the same DUKW still around in some private collection but never saw the light again ...

In London there is some kind of rule that vintage military subjects have to be colourful, there is a pink, white and a yellow tankette that roam around the city. Unlike Malta as Joe said, we are just keeping a couple of vintage buses as museum pieces and the rest are for scrap. Probably the only endemic conversions we made in Malta and a national icon, but as usual for modernisation we are happy to get rid of our past ... only one relic we are happy to keep, our political parties pale

Ivan
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 am

The DUKW is in a large garage in a side street off Psaila street at the corner with the Samsung shop. I saw it by chance one day when i parked there and the garage happened to be open. There are other military vehicles in the same garage.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am

i confirm what brian said
    the guy goes by the nickname of "il bullybeef" and usually when he is in a good mood will be more than happy to show you around

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm