SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ray
RayCaruana
in nannu pec
7 posters

Modelling Frustration

in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Modelling Frustration Empty Modelling Frustration

Post  in nannu pec Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm

My modelling comarades in arms please I beg you to share this heart breaking happening with me Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    This morning....I cried.....I swore....I banged my head against the wall of my stinking small workshop...I went berserk, crazy, ballistic...aything else !!!!! I don't know I was going to explode literally.
    bom bom bom
    I was attaching the rear turret and when I had it in postion .....I lifted my hand, hit the main mast ...broke it....tore all the rigging and anything that was attached to it.....which I worked and painted working from the inside to the outside beforehand....an absolute disaster.....6 months work....It was only the calming voice of my wife Rina and about 3 mugs of tea and a tranquillizer pill that stopped me from shattering the damm model to pieces.... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
    So after about 2 hours I calmed down and started taking the midle superstructure and the rigging down bit by bit to start allover again Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    So now I have to work overtime to get this jinksed beast ready....
    Well that's it....I just wanted to share my frustrations with you and God help me for all the swearing I have said...I am ashamed at myself Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed and I was sooooo happy how the model was turning out....
    see you tommorrow...
    In nannu pec What a Face
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Modelling Frustration Empty Re: Modelling Frustration

Post  RayCaruana Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm

OMG!! I'm speechless my friend!! So sorry to hear about such a misfortune. We can all understand (a little bit)what you're going through right now coz it's something that every modeller dreads. What can one say Smile except for...maybe the usual "cheer-up could have been something worse"? I know it's not going to make you better Crying or Very sad
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 pm

WHAT A SHAME NANNU PEC Sad YOU HAD THE AUDICITY TO SWEAR LIKE A SAVAGE lol!

We are all human bruv so at a time like that which we all have gone thru at some/several points in our respective modelling careers Laughing , God grants us UNLIMITED SWEARING CREDIT for about 5mins or so then you have to STOP Twisted Evil and then START to REPAIR the SOUL 1st and foremost and then the material damage incurred by your clumsiness/savageness lol!

Hope you're smiling Nannu Pec and have gathered the bits n pieces to restart from scratch Sad

I'm sure you'll pull thru this dire moment and come back firing on all cannons cheers

See you tomorrow and please tell us ALL what happened once again lol!

Ray affraid
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Modelling Frustration Empty PEC....

Post  Dottore Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Echo my brothers' comments in that it has happened to everyone....

When you'll finish the model in splendid way...well...you'll have another modelling story to recount to your modelling friends cheers

Dottore
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear of the mishap Lou. i don;t know what i would have done, but no matter what i don;t think i would ever get to the point of throwing out the model. i would have done what you did (including all the cursing) and attacked the beast again to restore it to its former glory, something i know you will manage to do successfully so come on and get going so that we can see the finished beauty. you are the master!! Piece of cake for a multiple UK National Champion
    Joseph
    Joseph
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Joseph Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 am

So, how exactly did this happen Very Happy Very Happy, tonight I am going to miss your live performance in re-telling the whole affair, no problem nan, beleive me I know exactly the feeling.

You did the right thing and vented your frustration on the forum, thank god & Tankred for this forum.

Its a pity when you see all those hours going down the drain, but that's life my friend, I am sure that you will produce another masterpiece as always.

J
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 am

U ejja nan, qbadt huta daqs gwardarobba u mhux sa solvi ftit rigging! Shocked

We know you will acheive your mission, probably it's as the insurance agent say, an act of God and this mishap might result in a better finished product then before ... come on Nunu Pec think on the bright side!

Vanni
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Modelling Frustration Empty thanks

Post  in nannu pec Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 am

Joseph you are very right this Forum is a blessing.....Tancred ....prosit man !!!!!
    I did vent my frustration in the forum and it did me well...Today I start putting it back together....starting with the main mast and go from there....I promise you in a week it will be all back in shipshape......thanks all you guys for your understanding and encouragement....we are definetely the best modelling club in the universe.... cheers cheers cheers cheers
    So off I go to attack the beast.....tell u all about it tonight......
    Thanks Guys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    VIVA L'SSSM
    cheers cheers cheers
    iN Nannu Pec What a Face
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Modelling Frustration Empty huta

Post  in nannu pec Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 am

PS.......IVAN GHANDEK ZBALL L ACCOLA DAQS TRUCK KIENET MHUX DAQS GWADROBBA ......GOOD TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    In nannu pec What a Face
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:32 am

Nannu veru ha tghidilna llejla Shocked ?

U ejja veru Shocked ?

Mhux nemmnek Nann lol! u qas irrid nemmen li ha tghidilna lol!

See you this eve ja PECLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUQ cheers

Ara mela let down your hair and bring the oil eh lol!

Ray affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Modelling Frustration Empty LE

Post  in nannu pec Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

NO NO NO I AM GOING TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    TOU HAVE TO TORTURE ME TO SPEAK,,....MY LIPS ARE SEALED lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    i DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO lol! lol! lol! lol!
    see u 2nite guys
    IN NANNU PEC What a Face Wink

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Lou, I can perfectly understand what you have felt when the accident with mast happen, one advise keep cool. Such things happen to me on a fairly regular occasions, just today, managed to break the front wheel well doors of the crusader , it shot away and could not find it. After a exhaustive search scratch Shocked i could not find it (in the meantime blood pressure skyrocketed and I was grumbling alone) found it in the thinner jar a meter away Sad . No need to comment what happened next................ confused The crusader had a lucky escape today cause I was going to catapult the whole thing and no arrested landing, just a barrier - the wall Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Nannu Pec what happened to you tell me please coz you didn't utter a word at club lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Louis xi graleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek?????????????????????

Ray affraid
    in nannu pec
    in nannu pec
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Modelling Frustration Empty speechless

Post  in nannu pec Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Just posting a few pics of some finished items to go on the beast....doing well on the repair job...pleased to say cheers cheers cheers
    In nannu pec What a Face

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:04 am