We need a proper name for this.
As already notified and agreed during Wednesday's meeting, we (SSM) together with the Malta Aviation Museum are going to organise a 24hr Scale Modelling Marathon and Open Day in aid of charity.
Our objective is to spend, at least, 24hrs of scale modelling with the aim of raising cash in aid of charity (this time it’s official
• Transporting and setting up on Friday 2nd December 2011
• Scale Modelling Marathon will run from noon 3rd December till noon 4th December 2011, these times are open for discussion.
The general idea is:
The marathon will have four scale modelling sections and below are the team leaders.
• Aviation – Marco Borg I (Marco has agreed to finish one of the 190’s)
• Marine – Romeo Dimech
• Figurines – Ray Farrugia (we need a substitute as Ray has to lead the catering staff !!!!!!
• AFVs – Oliver Mifsud (also we need a substitute as Oli will be behind the counter!!!!!!)
The job of the team leader is to organise a group of people, members of SSM or not, to spend 24hrs or more scale modelling. The choice of kit or model is to be left at the discretion of the modeller and can be in any of state of built.
Another idea is to set up an area where members of the general public would be given the opportunity to help in the marathon by doing some scale modelling themselves.
Also to make the event as interesting as possible we are to set up a mini scale modelling exhibition, we need someone to take charge of this. A group of war gamers are to do a 24hr marathon as well.
Any other ideas are more than welcome but the originator has to shoulder the responsibility!
• Toy shops will be invited to set up stalls, sort of a Christmas village.
• Food stalls, wives/girlfriends/grandma’s etc that can decently cook some cakes/sweets are encouraged to do some baking, these items will be put up for sale and again the proceeds will go towards charity. Preferably this stall will be manned by the same creators of the edible items. All food items for sale are to be decently presented and show a high level of hygiene.
• Catering, we need to be able to provide and sell food to people attending the marathon. In this respect we are to organise a catering (Victory Kitchen) stall, but the menu is still in the making!!! This stall will also provide food and drinks to the participant modellers, subsidised but not free of charge
Next Wed 19th Oct 2011 I am calling a meeting to all team leaders to discuss the requirements, other members that think that they can contribute are more than welcome.
One last thing, anyone that has contacts with potential sponsors please come forward.
Sorry for writing long, will keep you updated.
For now that’s it.