SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Wayne
Robert
David
Aldo
Paul Salomone
bcauchi
Cyril.
RayCaruana
iCocker
Samwel18
Noel Petroni
Alex Kontiveis
5Nige
el manolo
Ray
19 posters

Flash News from Telford 2013

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Flash News from Telford 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Flash News from Telford 2013

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am

el manolo wrote:din gabet gold medal?
    Telford iva, Euro ma jidhiliex li rajta ... u zgur ma kienetx tiehu Gold!
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:48 am

Here are some more detailed results, in no particular order

William : 2 x Gold (DH2, bust/figure), 1 x Bronze (bust/figure), 1 x Airbrushing Trophy for DH2

Jeremy: 1 x Silver (bust/figure), 2 x Commended (Blackhawk, bust/figure)

Ray Farrugia: 2 x Gold (Piper Kenneth & Maltese Furban bust).  Piper also got category champion (but you already knew that:lol!: )

Joseph Fenech  1 x Gold (Gannet), 4 x Commended (F5, F2, SeaVixen, Spitfire), 1 x Trophy (Gannet)

Gordon: 2 x Commended (Falcon & 1 of the AFVs)

Louis: 2 x Commended (Richeleu, Varyag)

Chris: 1 x Commended (Bf 109 G-6)

Matthew & Ivan: Commended (Tank Man)

Kevin: 1 x Gold (Ferrari Enzo)

Oliver: 2 x Gold (Invisible Man, Coolio the fisherman), 1 x Bronze (newspaper man), 3 x Commended (DUKW, Jeep Dio, Geppetto)

Glenn: 1 x Commended (Cargo Truck)

Ray Aquilina: 1 x Commended

Well Done to all!

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:51 am

Good to hear that we achieved a good result even in scale cars. This shows the diversity in our club.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Well done once again to our boys!!!cheers cheers 

Just one question for Ray please...there are no awards for photographic researchers jaqaw? study study scratch Smile
    smallia
    smallia
    Gold
    Gold

Post  smallia Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Well done to all. You've done us all proud.

But I can't help being perplexed about some of the results. Anyway, I guess you get this everywhere in one way or another.
    Best diorama my ass !!!!!

Steve
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:15 pm

If I counted well, there are 30 Awards in all cheers 

For el manolo & ALL the members' information, we WON Category Champions in Aircraft 1998 Joseph Farrugia, AFV's 1995 Alex BorgBonaci, CARS 1995 & 1998 Mario Mizzi, Figures 1998 Me & 2000 Marco Portelli R.I.P. & Dioramas 1995 & 1998 Nannu Pec plus Junior BOS in 1995 David Polidano & Senior Nannu Pec in 1995 & 1998, so if there is/was any doubt that we are "starting now" to be diverse you are wrong my dears Evil or Very Mad  for which I don't blame any of you since you are young & I am so OLD Sad 
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Still the bulk of achievements is in Military. That's my point.
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm

That's because there are much more military classes.  

I wonder if any of the figure guys would be interested in painting something like a racing driver or mechanic Question

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:23 pm

infact i have the stig to paint which I am expecting some help from you guys.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:39 pm

el manolo wrote:Still the bulk of achievements is in Military. That's my point.
    Heq, everywhere you go in these expos are more 'military' and nowadays 'fantasy' oriented, but civilian classes in one way or another [which not always mean cars or bikes] are there ... and everywhere we participated not only Telford, we were awarded ... what we have to say for a good number of years the vehicle/bike modellers in SSM were in a minority but have to say I pleased to see that now a very good fellowship there is and yes we are glad that this year they came back with a vengence and after so long an absence they made it sound and clear, Malta rules on the road ... it is already enough how we drive we show off also how to finish biles and cars!

Thumbs up also for the younger generation! That is a much applauded medal as much as any BOS ... they are the blood stream for a future SSM! We are getting old and grumpy :p

Prosit SSM brothers ...
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Wayne wrote:That's because there are much more military classes.  

I wonder if any of the figure guys would be interested in painting something like a racing driver or mechanic Question
    Wayne you can always start the idea hux ... Very Happy 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:42 pm

el manolo wrote:infact i have the stig to paint which I am expecting some help from you guys.
    Ask & You will be Granted cheers cheers cheers 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:43 pm

iCocker wrote:
    Heq, everywhere you go in these expos are more 'military' and nowadays 'fantasy' oriented, but civilian classes in one way or another [which not always mean cars or bikes] are there ... and everywhere we participated not only Telford, we were awarded ... what we have to say for a good number of years the vehicle/bike modellers in SSM were in a minority but have to say I pleased to see that now a very good fellowship there is and yes we are glad that this year they came back with a vengence and after so long an absence they made it sound and clear, Malta rules on the road ... it is already enough how we drive we show off also how to finish biles and cars!

Thumbs up also for the younger generation! That is a much applauded medal as much as any BOS ... they are the blood stream for a future SSM! We are getting old and grumpy :p

Prosit SSM brothers ...
    May I APPLY for the Old & Grumpy PLEASE lol! lol! lol! 

Post  Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:

Prosit SSM brothers ...
    No need, you are already fully registered as old and grumpy! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!  lol!  lol! 
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm

J.Fenech wrote:
    Ray wrote:
    iCocker wrote:

Prosit SSM brothers ...
    No need, you are already fully registered as old and grumpy! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!  lol!  lol! 
    BIS-SERJETA Suspect Sad lol! lol! lol! ???????
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 pm

As well as an incurable post-o-holic lol! 

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Phew.. seeing all this treads.. don't now were to start..

Well in my opinion ..we did well.. after 13 years absent.. YOU all did great .. and I wish to congratulate the winners and of course to our younger Boys a very welldone indeed..
    and to all like me ...that returned home empty handed..Sad  at least for a 50's anniversary ..we could get a participation certificate.....

But after all we had a great time at telford ... and another good show .. I did enjoyed it to the full ..meet and made a lot of new friends there.. (and of course I checked every corner of every trade stand ..)............cheers 

Post  Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Wayne wrote:As well as an incurable post-o-holic lol! 

you forgot to mention 'thread hi-jack-o-holic' !!! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Post  Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 pm

skyhigh wrote:Phew.. seeing all this treads.. don't now were to start..

Well in my opinion ..we did well.. after 13 years absent.. YOU all did great .. and I wish to congratulate the winners and of course to our younger Boys a very welldone indeed..
    and to all like me ...that returned home empty handed..Sad  at least for a 50's anniversary ..we could get a participation certificate.....

But after all we  had a great time at telford ... and another good show .. I did enjoyed it to the full ..meet and made a lot of new friends there.. (and of course I checked every corner of every trade stand ..)............cheers 
    I agree with Marco, well done to all that had their work on display in Telford and thank you to those that aided in organizing our trip to Scale model world.  I am sure that Marco checked every corner of every trade stand except for the water trap regulator that he missed! Sad Sad 

skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm

J.Fenech wrote:

But after all we  had a great time at telford ... and another good show .. I did enjoyed it to the full ..meet and made a lot of new friends there.. (and of course I checked every corner of every trade stand ..)............cheers 
    I agree with Marco, well done to all that had their work on display in Telford and thank you to those that aided in organizing our trip to Scale model world.  I am sure that Marco checked every corner of every trade stand except for the water trap regulator that he missed! Sad Sad 

lol! lol! ... tqbadnix mieghaw Joe hi..,, u ma il haqt xtrajt xejn...........lol! 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am

More fresh news coming in SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!!!! Look who was one of the judges in the AFV diorama class, thank God Ray as he was going to judge Figure ... the man himself who got Best Dio with the Still Life Dio ...

Snapped this from Military Modelling site

Andy Argent: Had a top weekend with top company. glad i got to speak to a lot of you guys.

Congrats all that won prizes .Mac on his well deserved GOLD and the rest of his haul and Chris that is a stunning medal well deserved. I had a very busy weekend and was judging on the saturday. I was told i would be doing Figures along with a couple of Euro judges but this was changed and i did military vehicle diorama,s.There was a lot of diorama classes and the one i got had a lot in it and some of stunning quality.I did not envy the AFV judges or the aircraft judges as there categorys were massive. The room was struggling to fit all the entrys in and a lot of categories had overflow sections. Just under 1400 entry,s in all. I would personally liked to have had the awards on merrit and have several awards of gold ,silver and bronze to be awarded rather than one of each.It certainly made the task very hard as a lot of builds came out with the same marks and they then had to be scrutinised tothe last little detail to come to the desition.

I managed to wangle a couple more commended tickets from head judge as three originally provided was not enough.

Thanks to everyone who came up to speak to me at the weekend ,some people speaking away to me and i didnt have a clue who they were but they new me .

AYA Ken had the same thing aswell with not recognising you untill i told him who you were .Sorry from Ken,He is not really rude and Ignorant LOL

Top weekend and i have 500 pics and a haul of video from when the comp was shut to the public.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=89757&p=8

British!!!!!!
    ... http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=89757&p=8
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 am

skyhigh wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:

lol! lol! ... tqbadnix mieghaw Joe hi..,, u ma il haqt xtrajt xejn...........lol! 
    Miskin Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
    Proximo41
    Proximo41
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Proximo41 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 am

Ray wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:

Miskin Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 
    Marco's pace in the trade stands area(s) was close to Mach 2. i just couldn't catch up with him!! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:52 am

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/my-day-at-telford-2013.23469/

http://imodeler.com/2013/11/scale-model-world-telford-2013-pt-2/

http://imodeler.com/2013/11/scale-model-world-telford-2013-pt-3/

http://imodeler.com/2013/11/scale-model-world-telford-2013/

http://imodeler.com/2013/11/scalemodel-world-telford-u-k-3013/
    el manolo
    el manolo
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  el manolo Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 am

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/scale-model-world-telford-uk-9th-10th-november-2013.59761/page-2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:33 pm