SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
alexbb
iCocker
Joseph
bcauchi
Dottore
Ray
Samwel18
11 posters

This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Empty Re: This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Post  Ray Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:12 am

bcauchi wrote:I don;t like the expression on the face of the guy wearing the Santa hat. Looks like he is in a lot of pain. The hats are great, however.

Are you sure you're seeing the same guy/pic Brian? You're not somewhere else eh since your work pC plays games on you and does not allow you to see pics properly lol!

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Empty Re: This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Post  bcauchi Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 am

Sorry then, just my impression, if he is meant to be casual or happy, then the poor guy must be heavily constipated. Doesn't the middle photo suggest that he is at least a bit unhappy. Sorry for butting in. I should not comment on figures, they are not my line.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Forsi qabditu tqansiha wara l-budget!
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 pm

nice one vanni Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

any critique on the figures Razz?

Sam =]
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:01 pm

I prefer to see them in the flesh il-lejla ghalekk ma peclaqt xejn, imma jidher li mixi. For the snow use Cratacci's technique of resin and Micro Baloons, anke ghas-snowman.

Ivan

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 pm

I am no figure expert, but I have to agree with brian on the face expression of one of the figures. The other one is fine but the first one looks that he has forced smile, or at most a sarcastic depressed smile. Just an opinion.
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:11 pm

I saw them in the flesh and i still think that the guy is not at all happy. Neither am i but i don;t put on that face unless i am opening the electricity bill or my paycheque. If you manage to paint that guy to seem like he is smiling, i will say that you are one hell of a damn good figure painter.
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm

bcauchi wrote:I saw them in the flesh and i still think that the guy is not at all happy. Neither am i but i don;t put on that face unless i am opening the electricity bill or my paycheque. If you manage to paint that guy to seem like he is smiling, i will say that you are one hell of a damn good figure painter.

Ejja SAMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY uriehom x'taghllimt u x'taf bounce

Joking apart, Brian, a smile & a whince produce a different facial expression as you engage different facial muscles for each IMHO, and again IMHO that guy is smiling, so it would be no MAGICAL FEAT on Samwel's part (with all due respect) or on whoever paints that face, to paint him SMILING Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Just told you so you won't get DISILLIUSIONED and BLINDED by Sam's painting prowess Suspect

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

I will take it all back when our Sammy produces a nicely painted smile.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:37 pm

bcauchi wrote:I will take it all back when our Sammy produces a nicely painted smile.

I bet he will! But it won't be tonight, as he'll be CLUBBING P.V. ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! Cool
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:54 pm

RayCaruana wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:I will take it all back when our Sammy produces a nicely painted smile.

I bet he will! But it won't be tonight, as he'll be CLUBBING P.V. ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! Cool

CLUBBING???????????? Sad
    DIN X'KELMA HI?????????????? Sad

Ray affraid
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Ray wrote:
    bcauchi wrote:I saw them in the flesh and i still think that the guy is not at all happy. Neither am i but i don;t put on that face unless i am opening the electricity bill or my paycheque. If you manage to paint that guy to seem like he is smiling, i will say that you are one hell of a damn good figure painter.

Ejja SAMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY uriehom x'taghllimt u x'taf bounce

Joking apart, Brian, a smile & a whince produce a different facial expression as you engage different facial muscles for each IMHO, and again IMHO that guy is smiling, so it would be no MAGICAL FEAT on Samwel's part (with all due respect) or on whoever paints that face, to paint him SMILING Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

Just told you so you won't get DISILLIUSIONED and BLINDED by Sam's painting prowess Suspect

Ray affraid

Brian and Joseph fenech ONLY saw it not smiling SmileSmile thx Ray for chiming in and say the proper words for my poor figure with a shovel in his hand Very Happy:D lol
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 pm

RayCaruana wrote:

aw Ray,

first figure's face (the one with his hands together freezing Smile...) is ready now im doing the headgear Smile tomorrow scarf and unifrom and hopefully by wed will bring him ready....

tonight yes i will be clubbing Smile=}
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Ray wrote:
    RayCaruana wrote:

CLUBBING???????????? Sad
    DIN X'KELMA HI?????????????? Sad

Ray affraid

Dancers move to the beat of a DJ's dance music at a nightclub!!! Very Happy looooooool
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 pm

First face ready... some more 5 o clock shadow and belnding especially on right cheek(in reality not the right on the pic) Smile

headgear will be ready tomorrow cause it needs more detail painting =] =]

tell me what u think Wink Wink

remmeber its 1:35 Razz

P.S. gibt id driving theory exam yayyy Razz lool

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8330
    This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8328
    This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8331
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Yesssssssss it-tifel x'ghandna bih cheers

Looking very good from the pics pale

Ray affraid
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Empty cool...

Post  Dottore Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 pm

turret moving painfully along too....lots of fit issues....

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Dottore wrote:turret moving painfully along too....lots of fit issues....

Dottore

Mela it;s not a one piece item that turret Shocked ? Honestly thought it was a resin item Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Dottore wrote:turret moving painfully along too....lots of fit issues....

Dottore

MUR GIBEK TWELLED INT FLOK IL PAZJENTI
    Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil scratch lol!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Il lahwa Sammy ...dak jitkelhem jonqsu tal gen man tal gen , u bye the way weldone hi that you past theory drivin exam welldone khemm jien ferhan bikhom.. xi club ghana..
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Ray thx mate....a comment like that from a GOLDEN GUY is much appreciated Razz Razz

Doc taggibomx ta.... ejja lestih u tkunx AJJIEN Very Happy

Marco thx siehbi Smile tihu pjacir li taddi ax expensive u jamlu min kollox biex iwahluk Sad

vera xi club ghana Smile

Sam =]
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Clubbing ... the way Neanderthal and Bigfoots manage to grab a chick!

Prosit Sammie, imma Tandem qiesu iehor tal-Mambra ha jkollna ta' !!!!!

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:34 pm

iCocker wrote:Clubbing ... the way Neanderthal and Bigfoots manage to grab a chick!

Prosit Sammie, imma Tandem qiesu iehor tal-Mambra ha jkollna ta' !!!!!

Ivan

Nice one Ivan re Mambra Tandem but that is already Noel and TaKRed's COPYRIGHT so how about the "Kinder Kings" for Sam & Doc's Laughing ? Nahseb tixraq hux Twisted Evil

Kient ilha tberren f'mohhi imma ma stajtx insib il-kliem ezatt kif nolqotha fuq rasha, u f'daqqa wahda ispirajtni int clown

Ray affraid

Last edited by Ray on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Tajba Ray I agree ... zgur mhux sa jghamlu ghib lil Cartacci u Numi!
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:34 pm

ok here it is my first US drab uniform....I took alex's advice and go for a dark drab colour like suggested...DONT KNOW IF I GOT THE COLOUR THOUGH....

please enlighten me Wink Smile

some areas need some blending yet Smile

P.S. the meaning of a drab colour was described as a greyish green colour since i am color blind i cant compare colours lool i relied on this word Smile

Sam =]

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8516
    This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8517
    This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 2 Dscf8518

Last edited by Samwel18 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:25 am