SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
alexbb
iCocker
Joseph
bcauchi
Dottore
Ray
Samwel18
11 posters

This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Empty Re: This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Post  Ray Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 pm

The tonality of the pics differ so its difficult to say how and what is IMHO Cool

I think the best way is to bring them to club so they can be viewed "in the flesh" by the US uniform buffs Twisted Evil

I bet your other half, the other "Kinder King" surely knows what the US uniform would look like, so he's the best man to guide you again IMHO Evil or Very Mad pale

Ray affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Empty Re: This is what you call a White Christmas!!

Post  bcauchi Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 am

I don;t know about the uniform but the face is beautiful. I think that you will manage to make that guy smile, prosit Sammy, excellent work so far. Ejja Dottore, let's see something from your end.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 am

Not an expert in US uniforms, Sammie, but it looks too green for a GI in Europe, look more a marine uniform colour. Was not the USA EU uniform much more drab and almost khaki, or is it my impression. Have you studied the Alpine boxarts ... I guess close enough I presume?

Ivan
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am

and to think i told him that the uniform was not olive or olive drab
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:16 am

This Tandem is reflecting that instead of KinderKings they are much more like the megalict monument infront of the ex-Mambra Twisted Evil

Dottore at what stage are you, how many hours it takes to set up a resin turret already ready without plugs?

Ivan
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Empty Corrections please....

Post  Dottore Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 am

First of all....if Sammie muddles up the figgies...its his doing...have nothing to offer in terms of criticism on uniforms or figure painting alike...my only contribution in the area was to sponsor the figures.

As for my turret...you know I'm a compulsive detailer...and anyone who has had the (dis)pleasure of working with verlinden items may remember about non fitting hatches...missing detail...and incorrect detail. So bringing this turret up to standard will take time...but I'm getting there....

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Dottore wrote:First of all....if Sammie muddles up the figgies...its his doing...have nothing to offer in terms of criticism on uniforms or figure painting alike...my only contribution in the area was to sponsor the figures.

As for my turret...you know I'm a compulsive detailer...and anyone who has had the (dis)pleasure of working with verlinden items may remember about non fitting hatches...missing detail...and incorrect detail. So bringing this turret up to standard will take time...but I'm getting there....

Dottore

Ok granted that if Sammy muddles the figures its not your fault, but your duty is to GUIDE him not to MUDDLE them figures with proper guidelines as to what colour the unifurm should be hux.........

Kinder Kings GALORE cheers

Ray affraid
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Dottore

Bdejna bl-iskuzi! I never spoke to anyone who is into panzer building or Sovet tanks and those not aware the colours of the tank crew uniforms, and anyone who is into panzers need to know if he is Wermacht or Waffen, if artillery, tank or tankhunter corps, about 3000 camo schemes and YOU that love the minimailistic army interms of uniformology DO NOT KNOW THE COLOUR SCHEME of the tank corps!

Tandem ta veru ...

Ivan

Last edited by iCocker on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi guys,

ill xhassel wara nofs ta nhar xoghol SadSadSadSad

I followed calvin tan's example of the boxart....

Nowww if anyone HERE NOWS what the proper colour please advice not contemplating on muddling up figures etc....

Alex yes u said no olive drab or olive....and i DID folow that advice...i dont see any olive drab in the unifrom....correct me if im wrong...for god's sake its my first US figure drab uniform..miniex xi expert fuq uniforms....

I think with some washes it will come to the designated colour xtahsbu??
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:28 pm

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 1a352114

IF YOU NOTICE WELL THERE ARE THREE SHADES OF KHAKI IN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO THIS IS A VERY ACCURATE RENDITION OF THE OVERALLS USED

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Tanker11

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Wandw-11

ALTHOUGH THE PICTURES MAY LOOK GREEN THEY ARTE INFACT KHAKI AND KHAKI DRAB
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Hemm inthom, u Alex normali fl-Inglizi u r-Russi, jinteressa ruhu ... well done mate!

Ivan
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

THx isehbi alexxxxxxxxxxxx Smile much appreciated king Smile

imma ala ma saqsejtx al pics before i splashed the paint kemm jien gidra lol...

Mill-izbalji nitghallmu jghidu Smile

I will wait for steve m to give me some pointers on mixes etc Smile

Thx a lot ssm members Smile tal-genn ta vera SSM SmileWink

Sam =]

P.S. Alex in winter they did use the light khaki uniforms as well?? cause it is similar to the 101st airborne jsut a little darker....
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Can I Help......This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 710This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 1210This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 1710This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 2510
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm

I have some more....This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 111This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 211
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:35 pm

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 412This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 511
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Gergru eh Well done Marco ... hu ha nkomplilkhom xi haga jien, dawn qedin veru fl-Ardennes ... have fun! Ix-Shermans OD tajbin ukoll Mat...

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Ardenn11
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Empty Yep....

Post  Dottore Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 am

it seems OD was present too but don't you think that heavily chipped winter whitewash would add to the wintry mood?

seeking advice from the vignette guru.... Basketball

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am

I would guess so, but reflect that figures are already drap, you'll be having snow, so an all white turret might be too monotone on the overall effect. I would go or for a heavy chipped snow camo or would better choose an OD option. Just notice the BW image how much contrast it already gives ...

Insomma, it is your vignette not mine and you should do what you think suites your aproach ...

Ivan
    Samwel18
    Samwel18
    Silver
    Silver

Post  Samwel18 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm

THx for everything guys the pictures everything SmileSmile

Now for the last time and this can be discussed later tonight Smile

The uniforms can be in the light khaki colour even in WINTER??

Sam =]
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Sammie

You have made miles in your painting standards but for research you are still at the edge of the cliff ta'!!!!!

Check images that Marco pasted, it is plain and simple ... sorry will miss this evening!

Ivan
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Dottore wrote:it seems OD was present too but don't you think that heavily chipped winter whitewash would add to the wintry mood?

seeking advice from the vignette guru.... Basketball

Dottore

if you are rtefering to the colour drawings they are wrong if you are refering to photos i think you can notice the contrast in shades between the tank and the uniforms apart from on photo in which everything is to dark to make up. as far as i know olive drab was never used in uniforms as such only on equipment5
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Samwel18 wrote:THx for everything guys the pictures everything SmileSmile

Now for the last time and this can be discussed later tonight Smile

The uniforms can be in the light khaki colour even in WINTER??

Sam =]

Sam, mohhok naqa hemm iwa Laughing

BTW KNOW=TAF......NOW=ISSA so correct your English please Laughing

Will miss you ALL tonight as I'm night duty Sad

So Muwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah to everyone and as always Luv Ya All I love you

God Wills It cheers

Ray affraid
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

This is what you call a White Christmas!! - Page 3 Empty Alex...

Post  Dottore Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:11 pm

We were discussing whether I should go for a chipped winter whitewash or plain OD for the turret...

Sammie is taking care of the uniforms....

Dottore
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Dottore wrote:We were discussing whether I should go for a chipped winter whitewash or plain OD for the turret...

Dottore

sowwy itot it wos unifoms.
    how about olive drab with patches of snow. remember to give it the wet look
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Dottore wrote:We were discussing whether I should go for a chipped winter whitewash or plain OD for the turret...

Dottore

MIKKINU KULLHADD ITIEH MILL-GHAR Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Ejja Doc Roe deliver the morphine so you'll shut our mouths Twisted Evil

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:22 am