SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
David
jojjemannen
Luke
in nannu pec
William
Dottore
alexbb
Joseph
olivermifsud
Tancred
RayCaruana
bcauchi
iCocker
Samwel18
18 posters

Joint dioramas

Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Empty Re: Joint dioramas

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 am

bcauchi wrote:Ray, it was not my idea to raise the amount of posts. I posted a comment and then went back to the photos and noticed something else so i posted again and so on but coming to think of it, it is not a bad tactic. A good alternative to asking Alex kemm fadal.

Ivan, do not judge underside colours from the external tanks, those were used for convenience and to serve a particular purpose, they could have been sourced from anywhere and did not come out of the factory with the aircraft, so they could have been any other colour. i still feel that the underside of the first hurri is light blue sky whilst the second, is in my opinion, azure blue. As for the nose, it is definitely lighter than the rest of the fuselage and that is no light trick or condition.

Brian whatever you say, they are THREE CLASSIC POSTS WITH TWO MINUTE INTERVAL lol! you could have easily EDITED THE POSTS lol! and come to thinkof it, yes it's been quite a while since I asked Alex kemm fadal on all the appropriate threads cheers

Xi Pjacir ta forum cheers

Vow of SILENCE on the COLOURS, B/W pics is still on Laughing just sitting back and observing Laughing

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am

Not to break any eggs in any baskets, but I have some comments to make about the color (about the parked IIc). I think that there is something wrong the picture, maybe some de-gradation or other, could be wrong but I have my reasons to believe so,

1. what you are thinking that is a stain might be infact the camoflage color demarcation. If it is a stain why does it go up all the way to the canopy and why it is present on the wing leading edge. There is some staining around foward end of the plane.

2 The prop spinner seems to be in red, it is neither black, nor sky and has a similar color to the roundel red, which also looks to be faded.

3. the color of the filter looks quite dark, possibly and more likely to be azure blue, again using the spinner as contrast. It' aint a light color definitly.

Color pics are one thing and easy to interpret, but black and white are a headache, and for this I have included some pics of my hurricanes in different black and whte tones. Mind that these are pics of the digital age, sharper and taken with a flash, something totally different than nearly 70 years ago. Have a look and start the brainstorming Twisted Evil and these are still open to interpretion/s Cool

Joint dioramas - Page 11 110

Joint dioramas - Page 11 210

Joint dioramas - Page 11 2a10

Joint dioramas - Page 11 W110

Joint dioramas - Page 11 W310

Joint dioramas - Page 11 W10
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 am

Guys, I have changed the photo to CMYK properties and 'stain' though present in the 4 channels was stronger in the black chnnel only. Strange enough hue of the dark area only reflected in the indicated areas, which strangely enough also go on the underwing area. The blob, stain area look to be also a mix of exahust as well, so that dark blob does not realy reflect the colour camo as it is not present in the other areas of the fuselage.

Can it also be the probablility that that area was 'patched' up from another plane or spareparts and being a different camo?

BW is guess work but certain colour hues indicate much more apart if we not decide to build a timecapsule ...

Black Channel

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Channe10

The elusive blobs ...

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Channe11
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Vow of SILENCE getting STRONGER Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa x'bizaaaaaaaaaa Sad

Briaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu Sad ?

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:28 pm

I would still stick to my impression Cool , it is the camouflage scheme and that is the demarcation between the colors not a stain, further more adding to what I already said, it dark patch(stain) goes through/on the exhaust glare shield up to the wind shield. If this was a stain, it would stop a the shield and straighten horizontally and then may be go up - it is the airstream effect, unless the hurricane was flying tailwheel first What a Face Evil or Very Mad and even the patches on the wing indicate to a color demarcation, and where the dark color (presumably dark earth) should be.

p.s. if that stain is exhaust, then the aircraft has got a serious problem Shocked , joking apart it is not the exhaust pattern for a hurricane + with a stain of that magnitude, given it was glycol/oil I really doubt it would have made back to base.

As for the parts being from another aircraft I have some doubt about that, maily cause according to the caption it states that the aircraft was recently delivered and still the fuel tanks attached, something that was removed fairly quickly once on the island, so I am inclined to agree with the caption. Another reason for removing the tanks would have been performance, especially since the hurricane was already a great disadvantage to the 109 in a clean conf., imagine with these tanks on.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Here Here ...Hello evrybody Smile We are suppose to talk about the LE-S the one that is nose down , not the other , that was only colour matching ..

Thank you Brian that you are seeing colour throug black and white like Ray sad Evil or Very Mad Now I have another photo its not in Malta but it's a IIC and desert coloursJoint dioramas - Page 11 Iic_sa10
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Now for the model photos FJ made , hee are some colours matching cheers Joint dioramas - Page 11 Mk211
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Mk1_11

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:54 pm

skyhigh wrote:Here Here ...Hello evrybody Smile We are suppose to talk about the LE-S the one that is nose down , not the other , that was only colour matching ..

Thank you Brian that you are seeing colour throug black and white like Ray sad Evil or Very Mad Now I have another photo its not in Malta but it's a IIC and desert coloursJoint dioramas - Page 11 Iic_sa10

Found another picture of LE-S, will get it to the club next week(after new year) showing the aircraft from the front with the wing/roundels clearly visible during the same incident. (from MALTA:The Hurricane Years).

just have a look at the b/w sample I made, K has azure blue underside and this went from dark - light under different setting but all b/w only.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:55 pm

And for the underside colors... cheers Joint dioramas - Page 11 Unders10
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Unders11
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Joint dioramas - Page 11 Unders12

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:06 pm

skyhigh wrote:Now for the model photos FJ made , hee are some colours matching cheers Joint dioramas - Page 11 Mk211

Got a picture of K as well, 3/4th rear view on the ground. Again not a clear view of the underside color, but the demarcation between the upper colors is there but not as much as one would expect in a midstone/green scheme, so my interpretion is dark earth/mid-stone (seeing color again - where are you Ray What a Face Twisted Evil ) but I leave the underside color debate open.

Will get the pic along with the book next week, source - Hurricanes over Malta
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:12 pm

This is the one FJ..Joint dioramas - Page 11 Nb11
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Heqq Hrmmm Twisted Evil

Gonna BREAK it and then go back to VOW of CHASTITY oooops sorry SILENCE Evil or Very Mad

In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) the various filters or whatever JF used on his Hurricane as displayed during HIS2008 (was it or was it 2009?) leaves a big vacuum/opens new conceptions in B/W picture interpretation and visualisation again IMHO Twisted Evil

Back to the bench and to the VOW Sad

Ray affraid
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Very Happy Hahaha how I love this forum .. lov yv all.. Laughing cheers

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:16 pm

skyhigh wrote:This is the one FJ..Joint dioramas - Page 11 Nb11

Yeap it is it in its glory. This a much better pic than what I have, again proving the point that B/W photos vary a lot, as it darker in the book I have., but still stick to the dark earth/midstone scheme.

Ray - how am I going to break your vow of silence What a Face

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Please it might sound silly asking, but what does IMHO stand for? Rolling Eyes
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Nibqu sejrin hekk qiesu l-progett tat-Teatru imwqqqa ha jkun, jiehu aktar min 60 sena biex jibda ... affraid
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Hawn fejn tikteb tezi fuq dawn iz-sewg ritratti. i have studied the second photo again. i think that i was absolutely wrong to put forward the possibility that the dark colour on the nose was some sort of staining. As Joe said, it goes against the airflow. it could never go up towards the canopy. Also, it follows, as he also said, the normal camo demarcation line and besides, it goes over onto the wing too and is visisble on two particular areas on the leading edge as noted and pointed out by ivan. It must therefore be the darker camo colour. however, this does not change things much and there is something strange about the camo in so much as the front part is totally different to the rest of the aircraft.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

bcauchi wrote:Hawn fejn tikteb tezi fuq dawn iz-sewg ritratti. i have studied the second photo again. i think that i was absolutely wrong to put forward the possibility that the dark colour on the nose was some sort of staining. As Joe said, it goes against the airflow. it could never go up towards the canopy. Also, it follows, as he also said, the normal camo demarcation line and besides, it goes over onto the wing too and is visisble on two particular areas on the leading edge as noted and pointed out by ivan. It must therefore be the darker camo colour. however, this does not change things much and there is something strange about the camo in so much as the front part is totally different to the rest of the aircraft.

Thanks for backing me up about the stain. As already hinted I think that if there is something strange it is with the picture itself rather than the colors of the airframe, and you are right about making a thesis about the pics Smile and we have not even gone in the spitfire era Shocked
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:30 pm

J.Fenech wrote:Please it might sound silly asking, but what does IMHO stand for? Rolling Eyes

Heqq KSIRTIELI JF because you didn't read well the other thread Sad

In My Humble Opinion = IMHO lol!

U iwa zidt post iehor hux, iktar ghax ninkwieta w niddejjaq cheers

Isma, min ha jibni l-Hurricane MKIIC min jaf x'jaqra w josserva u jgedwed wahdu u jixtieq jibghatna NIXXEJRU SPECJALMENT LILI lol!

Ray affraid

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:33 pm

iCocker wrote:Nibqu sejrin hekk qiesu l-progett tat-Teatru imwqqqa ha jkun, jiehu aktar min 60 sena biex jibda ... affraid

Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Bla Kumment
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Ok Ok Ray FJ you aksed for colour well here is it ...Sand and Green.....and Sand and Brown... Joint dioramas - Page 11 Icon_cheers Joint dioramas - Page 11 Green_10
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Checking again photo - enlarge and look closely, if it was camo the dark colour should go down a little more below the hole to the demarkation of the Azure infact it does not, it starts from the hole, we are not considering that aircraft was stationed and probably undergoing some fixing or repairs so leaking and staining might occur. Though the dark blob looks like following the camo pattern it does not continue and should be there in some areas behind teh cockpit as well ... could it be also discolouring on that area due that engine is present, it happens on AFV that were the exhaust is colours tend to darken ... but very strange on aircraft, what is it it really captures imagination ...

Ivan

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:44 pm