SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
alexbb
Ray
skyhigh
AdriaN
iCocker
clioguy
10 posters

Anyone got Mirages?

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Anyone got Mirages? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone got Mirages?

Post  iCocker Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

skyhigh wrote: Judge for your self...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVDxfWP2uI&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0bcaAQ0siQ&feature=player_detailpage

Power to the people ... this looks like we are re-living what happened during the French Revolution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ithQN3F5Epo&feature=related

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:49 pm

This crisis will put the whole world to the test, especially the free world democracies and how it will react to this unfolding tragedy.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 am

Last edited by RAF on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 am

Nice pictures!!! We want more - please, thanks!! Cool

p.s - what is your opinion on the grey/brown conflict, from these I conclude it looks grey!!
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 am

Those are some great pictures of those jets, I can't believe how clean they look! I wonder if they were new or recently overhauled, or just not used much? The jets landing in Malta made it on the news over here, Libya is constantly in the news, but very little actual information as the news agencies don't have any assets on the ground.

The jets on the ground with the vehicles and people around them would make a pretty cool diorama, and a pretty historical one.
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:33 pm

slingshot392 wrote:Those are some great pictures of those jets, I can't believe how clean they look! I wonder if they were new or recently overhauled, or just not used much? The jets landing in Malta made it on the news over here, Libya is constantly in the news, but very little actual information as the news agencies don't have any assets on the ground.

The jets on the ground with the vehicles and people around them would make a pretty cool diorama, and a pretty historical one.

Mirage F1 and detail kits already ordered, including Libyan decals to make one of the aircraft actually on the ground here in Malta!!!

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm

[quote="J.Fenech"]Nice pictures!!! We want more - please, thanks!! Cool

p.s - what is your opinion on the grey/brown conflict, from these I conclude it looks grey!! [/quote

It looks grey
    slingshot392
    slingshot392
    Silver
    Silver

Post  slingshot392 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 pm

clioguy wrote:
    slingshot392 wrote:Those are some great pictures of those jets, I can't believe how clean they look! I wonder if they were new or recently overhauled, or just not used much? The jets landing in Malta made it on the news over here, Libya is constantly in the news, but very little actual information as the news agencies don't have any assets on the ground.

Mirage F1 and detail kits already ordered, including Libyan decals to make one of the aircraft actually on the ground here in Malta!!!

I'll be watching with interest when you start building it. I'm usually not too interested in jets, mostly the F-105 & A-7, I want to do the latter one in the markings of a group from North Dakota that used to fly over my home town in Minnesota and I was talking to some of the pilots and at one of their patches which is of a wolf and I also collect memorabilia on wolves, I have a paper model of a A-7 that I will use to scratch built one mostly out of balsa. Also interested in Phantoms a little, was sitting on our back steps when I was a little kid, our house was right near the outskirts of town and a Phantom came ripping over at treetop level, I went crazy as I was so excited, the next-door neighbor went running home scared! Very Happy
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Anyone got Mirages? - Page 4 Empty The downed SU24 FENCER footage

Post  iCocker Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-GgG1zlSo
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Thats a Su24
    (maybe it was the one that was supposed to come to the MIA09 lol! )
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:29 pm

skyhigh wrote:
    clioguy wrote:you read my MIND!!! Marco, FS numbers for Libyan AF colours please..... Smile

As klaus Fs suggestions..Tan Fs33613, Dark Grey Fs 34148, Green Fs 34159

Lt Blue Gray Fs 35414

33613= modelmaster 1709 34148= ? 34159=Tamiya XF65

35414=Tamiya Xf23

Marco and all,

I today received the decals from Eagle Strike productions. It contains decals for Mirage F1-ED. As standard with aftermarket decals, I also have the suggested painting scheme and colours. The printed scheme is VERY close to the aircraft that landed in Malta, so I take it as accurate. The colours suggested are as follows:

Desert Drab - FS20400
    Forest Green - FS34102
    Olive Green - FS34088
    Lt Grey - FS36495

I have looked up the FS numbers at the paint conversion chart website and they look very close to the aircraft in Malta.....except for the Olive Green....

If anyone could take a look and let me know what they think pls.....

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 am

Looks like it is soon all over, the regime has toppled the rebels ... will soon have to send back the birds! So decide on the colours ...

http://framework.latimes.com/2011/03/15/journalists-plan-pullout-as-rebellion-in-libya-collapses/
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 am

iCocker wrote:Looks like it is soon all over, the regime has toppled the rebels ... will soon have to send back the birds! So decide on the colours ...

http://framework.latimes.com/2011/03/15/journalists-plan-pullout-as-rebellion-in-libya-collapses/

Duncan, you can always model them in the DHL PARCEL that we'll deliver them lol!

But don't be too hasty as the choice of RIBBON may vary from RED, BLACK or GREEN lol!

If any of the PUPPATURI (like Peppi in that Xarabank) that spoke too soon re this "revolution", be chosen to be part of the DHL PACKAGE for the special delivery to the Colonel pale , I would gladly paint that figure lol!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 am

Ray the parcel gonna be huge ... it needs to contain some golden seaters as well, a good quantity of Prime Minsters [ours inc] & Presidents, UN delegates and the Arab League! They all preached to be prophets and failed Twisted Evil

What a farse on democracy!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am

If they ask to return the mirages, we can still send them by airmail, in small packets - a few parts at a time! Twisted Evil In the end we would have sent them back! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:49 am

iCocker wrote:Looks like it is soon all over, the regime has toppled the rebels ... will soon have to send back the birds! So decide on the colours ...

It is not over yet - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12769993

Maybe something is changing, but it maybe too little and too late!
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:41 pm

OK. whos gonna build the A380? lol!
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:29 pm

AVIATIONGRAPHIC.com
    Anyone got Mirages? - Page 4 19033910

Avions Marcel Dassault Mirage F.1ED
    c/n 502, LAAF serial 502
    1012 Squadron, Libyan Arab Air Force (LAAF)
    el-Woutia AB/Uqba Ibn an-Nafi AB (forward deployed at Mitiga/Umm Aititiqah AB) February 2011

In 1977, Libya issued an order for 16 Mirage F.1ED ("Export Décembre"] interceptors, equipped with Cyrano IV radars, as well as Matra R.530 and R.550 Magic air-to-air missiles. This aircraft was the second Mirage F.1ED delivered to Libya, in June 1978. It served with No.1012 Squadron Libyan Arab Air Force through the 1980s, and encountered USN interceptors on at least two occasions. The unit also saw several combat deployments during the war in Chad, in the 1980s. After Libya run out of spare parts for its F.1, this aircraft was stored, together with the rest of the fleet, in mid-1990s. Following a corresponding agreement between Tripoli and Paris, in late 2007, a contract was awarded to a French company, worth slightly over €100 Million, for an overhaul of 12 Libyan Mirage F.1EDs and F.1DDs - as a stop-gap measure until Libya would order 14 Rafale fighters. The work was undertaken by French personnel at the Mitiga AB, and "502" became one of the first three examples to be overhauled, by October 2009. In the afternoon of 21 February, while forward-deployed at Mitiga AB, in Tripoli, the crews of No.1012 Squadron were ordered to fly strikes against widespread unrest against the Libyan regime. Two of pilots from this unit manned Mirage F.1EDs with serial numbers "502" and "508", each armed with MBDA (former Matra) Type F1 rocket pods with frangible aerodynamic nose cones, packing 36 Thales (former TDA Armememts) SNEB unguided rockets calibre 68mm. Following take-off, the pilots decided to disobey their orders and defected to Malta, requesting political asylum. The Mirage F.1EQ "502" is ever since impounded at Luqa IAP, Malta.

Artwork and caption by Tom Cooper / ACIG.org
    AdriaN
    AdriaN
    Gold
    Gold

Post  AdriaN Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 pm

is that grey i see? lol!
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm

We should try to get a permit from the Ministery of Defence, the OPM and the AFM maybe we get a 'special permit' for an up close and personal tour to the real things and close this debate once and for all ... Adrian issa this guy how the hell he managed to get the artwork precise when probably he never stepped near a Libyan Mirage apart fotos! tongue

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 pm

iCocker wrote:We should try to get a permit from the Ministery of Defence, the OPM and the AFM maybe we get a 'special permit' for an up close and personal tour to the real things and close this debate once and for all ... Adrian issa this guy how the hell he managed to get the artwork precise when probably he never stepped near a Libyan Mirage apart fotos! tongue

and maybe take a piece of it like an access panel for microscopic analysis and scientific paint testing to determine the exact shade of this grey or brown or whatever color it is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

p.s. - and these Mirages may possibly become the only remnants of the Libyan Air Force that are still in one piece, so they might become a rarity!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 pm

J.Fenech wrote:
    iCocker wrote:We should try to get a permit from the Ministery of Defence, the OPM and the AFM maybe we get a 'special permit' for an up close and personal tour to the real things and close this debate once and for all ... Adrian issa this guy how the hell he managed to get the artwork precise when probably he never stepped near a Libyan Mirage apart fotos! tongue

and maybe take a piece of it like an access panel for microscopic analysis and scientific paint testing to determine the exact shade of this grey or brown or whatever color it is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

p.s. - and these Mirages may possibly become the only remnants of the Libyan Air Force that are still in one piece, so they might become a rarity!

Would they be sufficient to provide for an annual local government budget if we were to auction or raffle them lol!

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Ray wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:

Would they be sufficient to provide for an annual local government budget if we were to auction or raffle them lol!

I think they will become a collector's item, so they might fetch a good price Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:07 pm

J.Fenech wrote:
    Ray wrote:
    J.Fenech wrote:

I think they will become a collector's item, so they might fetch a good price Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!

Hope they are painted in the RIGHT COLOURS as they might loose some of their money's worth during the auction or raffle lol!
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 am

Adrian Twisted Evil please again....you are comparing a colour profile to a colour photo .... Arrow Exclamation Question I don't now ..and as Ivan told you from were did he get the colours for the profile , I think he just paste them from the albatross decal sheet ref......and if they were green , that was 1977 now were are 2011.... Question

and for your eyes only..

Anyone got Mirages? - Page 4 18710710

Anyone got Mirages? - Page 4 Soko_g11

Last edited by skyhigh on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content