SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
bcauchi
alexbb
Ray
iCocker
Dottore
9 posters

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint...

Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Ray...

Post  Dottore Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:53 am

Usually they draped any sort of fabric they could find...think the shape is odd? I redo it?

Dottore
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Chassis and shadows....

Post  Dottore Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 pm

The chassis of Russian wheeled vehicles was appearantly black in colour....
    The chassis has been painted together with the preshaded shadows...

Next up...4BO...hopefully today...

Dottore

PS Tarp was reworked after comments that the shape looked odd....hope you like this better Ray... Twisted Evil

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1010122

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1010123

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1010125

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1010126

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1010124

bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Re: BA64-B Miniart ...first paint...

Post  bcauchi Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Don't know about the others, but it looks fine to me. Great work and immaculate as usual! My builds must be some of the untidiest around.
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Re: BA64-B Miniart ...first paint...

Post  RayCaruana Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I echo Brian's words. I like it more now.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 am

2 weeks to splash the underside black DOC? tongue

Scrutinising again the images the tarp looks OK BUT it has that element of put on, not that it belongs to the vehicle. It is like being there to hide a sin, it gives me that feeling, ma nafx the others. I know that interior is very basic and till date never came across an image that show a turret with a tarp to get the idea correctly but then again studying the kit as I got one, it shows small tie downs on the edges so I guess some sort of tarps they used and surely they used those tie downs, maybe you can do a better one and stretched correctly on that hexagonal edge maybe using the tiedowns to stretch to?

Or else see if someone can paint a figure for you to place into the turret, I THINK IT WILL LOOK BETTER!!!!!

Ivan
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:36 pm

iCocker wrote:2 weeks to splash the underside black DOC? tongue

Scrutinising again the images the tarp looks OK BUT it has that element of put on, not that it belongs to the vehicle. It is like being there to hide a sin, it gives me that feeling, ma nafx the others. I know that interior is very basic and till date never came across an image that show a turret with a tarp to get the idea correctly but then again studying the kit as I got one, it shows small tie downs on the edges so I guess some sort of tarps they used and surely they used those tie downs, maybe you can do a better one and stretched correctly on that hexagonal edge maybe using the tiedowns to stretch to?

Or else see if someone can paint a figure for you to place into the turret, I THINK IT WILL LOOK BETTER!!!!!

Ivan

At Last.......Someone Agreed with Me Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

This one looks better in shape but I agree with Ivan Twisted Evil if there are tiedowns just use them or else we'll try to contemplate on the figure option What a Face
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Figure vs Tarp...

Post  Dottore Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am

There were custom made tarps for the Ba64 which had eyelits and cord was used to secure the tarp to the tie downs around the turret...but I think u agree with me that unless an aftermarket company produce that piece in resin reproducing it would be too complex and time consuming abd beyond the scope of what originated as a quick OOTB build...

The turret remains very barren inside and again I do not want to scrtach the turret innards...I am NOT a russian diehard fan (sorry Ivan Razz )

Re figure...I have a german figure which fits this turret but it would need a new ruskie head and then again it wouldnt conceal the whole turret interior and I HAVENT painted the rest of the interior cos i was happy it would be obscured from view...

My thought was that the crew placed a tarp as an in-the-field expediant to avoid getting wet by inevitable winter/spring shower...

Think its too late for anything much other than continuing to experiment with different shaped tarps...but I was not too displeased with how this turned out...

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 am

Dottore wrote:There were custom made tarps for the Ba64 which had eyelits and cord was used to secure the tarp to the tie downs around the turret...but I think u agree with me that unless an aftermarket company produce that piece in resin reproducing it would be too complex and time consuming abd beyond the scope of what originated as a quick OOTB build...

The turret remains very barren inside and again I do not want to scrtach the turret innards...I am NOT a russian diehard fan (sorry Ivan Razz )

Re figure...I have a german figure which fits this turret but it would need a new ruskie head and then again it wouldnt conceal the whole turret interior and I HAVENT painted the rest of the interior cos i was happy it would be obscured from view...

My thought was that the crew placed a tarp as an in-the-field expediant to avoid getting wet by inevitable winter/spring shower...

Think its too late for anything much other than continuing to experiment with different shaped tarps...but I was not too displeased with how this turned out...

Dottore

NO I DO NOT AGREE! lol!

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am

iCocker wrote:
    Dottore wrote:There were custom made tarps for the Ba64 which had eyelits and cord was used to secure the tarp to the tie downs around the turret...but I think u agree with me that unless an aftermarket company produce that piece in resin reproducing it would be too complex and time consuming abd beyond the scope of what originated as a quick OOTB build...

Dottore

NO I DO NOT AGREE! lol!

Oops Dot, I think you have some trouble!! lol! lol!

Anyway what is wrong with putting a tarp onto the open hatch for rain protection, just as long as he makes some terrian this time.
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Tarps on BA64s

Post  iCocker Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Strange enough they just tarp it when in transit or parked, in action they keep it open ... sadists maybe???
    Posted other ideas how you might fill up the turret opening ...

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_310BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_311
    BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_410
    BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_510
    BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_110
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Not sure if modern as BAs continued to be a workhorse till the 50s but looks like a museum piece ... tarp very similar to one of the BW foto.

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_111

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba64_112
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Dot did you sad you want some detail for the interior , I found these blueprints may be they are useful ........

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba_64_10

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba_64b10

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba_64b11
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 P1080410
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm

some more..

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Phoca_10
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 pm

real photos..

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Phoca_11

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Phoca_12
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

and this is the restored one ..

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 0110

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 0210

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 1211
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Thanks Marco...

Post  Dottore Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 am

But I wont go thru the hassle of scratching detail...

Ivan I can see a pic u posted with a haphazardly placed tarp...just like I intended mine...

Dottore
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:41 am

Yep I agree Dottore but the only issue those are captured by Germans and in a static role ... check soldiers near the vehicles.
    I agree it can be done but check again that tarp looks bigger and is covering also the MG. I think the original russian tarp look much better as it retain the shape of the turret which is quite atractive ... but again that is my opinion, will see what others think ...
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Dottore wrote:But I wont go thru the hassle of scratching detail...

Ivan I can see a pic u posted with a haphazardly placed tarp...just like I intended mine...

Dottore

My heart really goes out to you at this very sad moment Doc, when you are bombarded from different fronts Sad

All bombardments are in GOOD FAITH ama you feel like telling everyone to FO when they sort of "invade" your flow of thinking Evil or Very Mad

I shall say this only once Laughing

Weigh what is the least time consuming & would turn into a decent enough looking job pale

Please allow me if I may on the haphazardly thrown tarp.....roll out the rectangular shape & throw/put it on just like in real life & let it fall naturally on the odd shaped turret.....don't try to go for "fancy folds" Neutral

Just my 2c worth Suspect
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

I agree with Ray, I think what is conflicting is that straight line over the multi edged turret ... I know you fancy this foto and style [probably as it less time consuming and not available as cottage industry] but study again the turp. It is rounded and falling over the turret, mhux qiesha tvalja mitnija pulita ... it has to be natural not put! Can't understand the humb the back BA has underneath the turp ...

I have to admit a mistake as those guys headgearlook ruskie now that I enlarged ... so you are spot on cheers

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Tarp10
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

X'ma nhobbux da' l-club jien I love you Kieku hadd iehor mhux ilu li tefahha u zebaha Smile
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 59728910

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Ba-64b10
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

BA64-B Miniart ...first paint... - Page 2 Empty Tarp...

Post  Dottore Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 pm

Guys thats what I did...I just cut a rectanle of rolled out Duro...placed it on the turret and let it droop...

@ Ivan...what humo at the back of the Ba are u referring to?

Dottore
    clioguy
    clioguy
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  clioguy Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Dottore wrote:Guys thats what I did...I just cut a rectanle of rolled out Duro...placed it on the turret and let it droop...

Dottore

Maybe that is why it looks a bit funny.... you don't have to cut it as a rectangle, but as a circle, then let it droop..... all the covers shown in the pics droop down symmetrically, while yours is not symmetrical and looks like it was just thrown there.....

Just my 2p.... I'm no AFV expert Smile
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 am

Dottore wrote:Guys thats what I did...I just cut a rectanle of rolled out Duro...placed it on the turret and let it droop...

Dottore

Dot, check the BA on the back on the last image I posted. It has a hump jetting upwards ... probably it's the DT machinegun, it has a long leg and if it is looking downwards the leg will get the opposite effect ... I think Mr Sant was spot on, having an irregular shaped tarp will help to get a better look and not loose that shape of the turret which quite a nice feature ... if you need a helping hand let me know ... cheers

Iv

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:06 am