SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I need help to come close to perfection

I need help to come close to perfection Empty I need help to come close to perfection

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:57 am

I need help to come close to perfection Img_2311 I need help to come close to perfection Img_2313 I need help to come close to perfection Img_2312 I need help to come close to perfection Img_2314 Hi i need to have some suggestions please about my models.[url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u
    =14168810]I need help to come close to perfection Img_2310[/url]
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

I need help to come close to perfection Empty Hi David.....

Post  Dottore Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

Glad to hear from our SSM Gozo branch....

You certainly have good start with your models here though with some few tips I'm sure you can push up the standard a great deal...
    Do you airbrush your models or brush paint them?
    Do you have a good book to guide you?

Dottore

I need help to come close to perfection Empty I need help to come close to perfection

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 am

I use both airbrush and brush,no i just surf the internet and get the ideas from there.
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

I need help to come close to perfection Empty Re: I need help to come close to perfection

Post  alexbb Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:04 pm

hi david
    being a new forum we do not as yet have w.i.p. and s.b.s. articles but eventually we will. in the meantime i suggest you join the forum below plenty of talented and helpfull people including some ssm members

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.org/forum.htm
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

I need help to come close to perfection Empty Good Book....

Post  Dottore Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Send me your email I'll send you a pdf of a book I found very helpful...most you will know already....some tips you'll gather for sure however...
    Also I recommend strongly you get (or i can lend you mine) MIG FAQ book...it's pretty much the bible of today's AFV modeller...a very very nice book indeed....

Dottore

I need help to come close to perfection Empty * * * Reply with quote * * * * Good Book....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Oh kind of you thanks my e mail is didugozo@maltanet.net

I need help to come close to perfection Empty Rubish ,i didnt liked the way it looked from the first.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 pm

Rubish ,i didnt liked the way it looked from the first.

Last edited by David Vassallo on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

I need help to come close to perfection Empty Re: I need help to come close to perfection

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:11 pm

The base is hand made from cardboard .
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

I need help to come close to perfection Empty comment....

Post  Dottore Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 pm

You are in the right direction (re AFV) but I think yor tanks look a bit too messy....you need to go through the steps layer by lyer without overdoing any one of the steps otherwise the effect is lost...If i were you I would start improving the AFVs...for there is scope for improvement and you can vastly improve. When you raise your AFV level, go to a simple terrain and a figure or two...ultimately you'll be able to assembly a much better dio in my opinion...

PS I've seen your planes they look good (though im no expert in aviation models)

Dottore
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi David,

I agree with Matthew. Sometimes in modelling it's knowing when to stop and not overdo the effect. It's not easy and many experianced modellers can fall into that trap.

However, you are on the right track and just need some fine tuning. You can do it because I can see that you know the concept but need to practice it.

Step x Step guides are very helpful.

Regards
    Noel
    bcauchi
    bcauchi
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  bcauchi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 am

i am no AFV or Figure expert but in my opinion, the first thing that strikes me when i look at your work is that most of your finishes look very glossy and this makes the work look like a model and not like the real thing.

Also, you are trying to master several disciplines at once, making a good AFV is difficult enough but you are also trying to combine that with figures, an art in itself and also groundwork, something i still cannot do properly although i have been trying for a long time. So, the previous comments are perfectly said. Go for a simple build and get that right, then move on. Don;t bite off more than you can chew.

You have so many ideas and want to cram everything into one single exhibit. When this happens you make simple slip ups. For example, the thread on the hummer tyres are not aligned and you can still see the joint line.

You just need some fine tuning.

I need help to come close to perfection Empty What do you think of this one 2 weeks working on it!!

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:30 pm

I need help to come close to perfection Coathi10I need help to come close to perfection Finish10I need help to come close to perfection Finish11
    I need help to come close to perfection Finish12I need help to come close to perfection Finish13I need help to come close to perfection Finish14
    I need help to come close to perfection Finish15I need help to come close to perfection Finish16

I need help to come close to perfection First_10I need help to come close to perfection First_11I need help to come close to perfection First_12
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

I need help to come close to perfection Empty comments....

Post  Dottore Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:08 pm

The build looks very good though pics are small and not a Gerri fan...

Painting....

I think definately one of your best efforts though I think you went too heavy with the mud particularly on the hull sides. And the dust looks a bit too monotone....but areas of dusting like the close up fender look quite decent and realistic.
    Good choice in building a simple AFV and terrain...you'll sharpen your AFV skills very much this way. You need some fine tuning.
    Also how do yoiu manage to work so fast. It takes me 4 months to build and another 3 to paint a single model....
    Pity you cant attend wed meetings it would be good to make a slow guided build/model....

Dottore

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:11 am

Ghax jien ghanke meta nkun xoghol nahdem specialment meta nkun night duty bhal lum namel sa 3am fuq mudel.
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:08 am

I agree with Matthew. Excellent effort!

I also agree about the mud. You did good in applying dark and light mud... but in my opinion and as Matthew said, it is slightly heavy.

You know what you're doing and you understand the techniques..... If you come to the club I will arrange a short session and demonstrate some mud application and other stuff. I'm sure that if you see someone using a technique you will learn it immediatly.

Regards
    Noel

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:33 pm