SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Wayne
skyhigh
Ray
Gordon
Tancred
9 posters

Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster

Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster Empty Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster

Post  Tancred Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:31 am

Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster 2014_f10

Tankred afro
    Gordon
    Gordon
    Gold
    Gold

Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster Empty Re: Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster

Post  Gordon Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:35 am

nhar il-erghba gibhom il-klabb
    Tancred
    Tancred
    Admin

Post  Tancred Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:23 am

Poster is by Wayne and will be distributed this Wednesday  bounce 

Tankred afro
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:49 am

Great Poster as ALWAYS  cheers cheers cheers 

WELLDONE WAYNE  cheers cheers cheers 
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Welldone Wayne , your enthusiasm for the hobby and the club iis impressive...... cheers cheers cheers 
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Thank you... glad you like it.

I just try to do my best  Very Happy

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Cyril.
    Cyril.
    Bronze
    Bronze

Post  Cyril. Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Nice poster Wayne, I like your style. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:56 am

I like the poster. 

At first I thought it was the one of Ivan!

If I may say or comment (please don't hate me for it) ... why is IPMS bigger than the name of the club? Any why is the name of the club not written also as SSM.

Why am I asking? 
    Because the people out there do not know what IPMS and it's better to push the SSM name more into public ears. muxx hekk uhxx.

Isma my humble opinion... it could be stupid on my part to think like that.
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:56 am

Noel,

This comment has cropped up a number of times over the past couple of years so you're not the first one  Very Happy 

We have to remember that officially we ARE IPMS Malta, the Maltese chapter of this international organisation.  Were it not for a stupid law which existed when the club was established (which prevented the use of 'Malta' when naming any non-governmental organisation) we would have officially used IPMS Malta from the start.  The name SSM was chosen as an alternative until finally the law in question was abolished.

I understand that since the club was founded, the name SSM has become synonymous with our success and standards, however we also feel that it is high time we promote our 'proper' so to speak identity without loosing our heritage.  Hence IPMS Malta - The Society for Scale Modellers.  I think the name strikes this balance between Identity, purpose and heritage. The IPMS Malta name also has more weight internationally as it is instantly recognisable and has served us well in many ways, even financially.

Keep in mind that people also tend to associate an exhibition with a venue.  Since we've hosted our event at the Maritime Museum for a number of years, this is also starting to sink in.  We also retain our SSM logo on our shirts (together with IPMS) so people visiting us are making the association between the two.

I like to look at it as a transitional period.  We will never abandon SSM but we are IPMS Malta.

Hope this clears things up.

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 am

Wayne wrote:Noel,

This comment has cropped up a number of times over the past couple of years so you're not the first one  Very Happy 

We have to remember that officially we ARE IPMS Malta, the Maltese chapter of this international organisation.  Were it not for a stupid law which existed when the club was established (which prevented the use of 'Malta' when naming any non-governmental organisation) we would have officially used IPMS Malta from the start.  The name SSM was chosen as an alternative until finally the law in question was abolished.

I understand that since the club was founded, the name SSM has become synonymous with our success and standards, however we also feel that it is high time we promote our 'proper' so to speak identity without loosing our heritage.  Hence IPMS Malta - The Society for Scale Modellers.  I think the name strikes this balance between Identity, purpose and heritage. The IPMS Malta name also has more weight internationally as it is instantly recognisable and has served us well in many ways, even financially.

Keep in mind that people also tend to associate an exhibition with a venue.  Since we've hosted our event at the Maritime Museum for a number of years, this is also starting to sink in.  We also retain our SSM logo on our shirts (together with IPMS) so people visiting us are making the association between the two.

I like to look at it as a transitional period.  We will never abandon SSM but we are IPMS Malta.

Bravo Wayne ..well said ...Viva la SSM............. I'm proud to be one......... since 1980's...... cheers cheers 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:21 am

Bravu Wayne!  Crystal clear as ever!
    Did not know this.... but now I do!  Very Happy
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:24 am

skyhigh wrote:

Bravo Wayne ..well said ...Viva la SSM............. I'm proud to be one......... since 1980's...... cheers cheers 

Marco... suppost you say Viva IPMS!  Very Happy
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:09 am

Noel Petroni wrote:

Bravu Wayne!  Crystal clear as ever!
    Did not know this.... but now I do!  Very Happy

Ejja Noel ...about time to be to the full with SSM IPMS........... Very Happy 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:51 pm

The IPMS I never understood, Marco.

For me IPMS was a show in England and I always found it awkward to understand why a club should be called like an international show and up to now I thought the official name was SSM. However, Wayne explained that the original official name is IMPS Malta and the club would like to start using this name and be known as IPMS Malta.

Excuse my ignorance but I still don't understand the difference between IPMS show and a club that can take the name IPMS. Could it be that IPMS is an umbrella that houses all clubs who register with her? And automatically the club can take the name IPMS? Example IMPS Spain - IPMS Italy etc,...

If so, where are these IPMS country clubs?  

But what does IPMS do as a mother club? How does everything tie together?
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Scale Model Exhibition 2014 Poster Empty Exhibition....

Post  Dottore Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Have you thought of setting up an airbrush stand with an easel where visitors can try their hand at airbrushing?

Just an idea...

Dottore
    Wayne
    Wayne
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Wayne Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:20 pm

No Dott, but that's a good idea.  I'll take it up with the rest of the committee and see what we can come up with.

Cheers  Very Happy

www.ScaleModelBench.com
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:The IPMS I never understood, Marco.

For me IPMS was a show in England and I always found it awkward to understand why a club should be called like an international show and up to now I thought the official name was SSM. However, Wayne explained that the original official name is IMPS Malta and the club would like to start using this name and be known as IPMS Malta.

Excuse my ignorance but I still don't understand the difference between IPMS show and a club that can take the name IPMS. Could it be that IPMS is an umbrella that houses all clubs who register with her? And automatically the club can take the name IPMS? Example IMPS Spain - IPMS Italy etc,...

If so, where are these IPMS country clubs?  

But what does IPMS do as a mother club? How does everything tie together?

Hear on the IMPS Italy I found a list of all the IPMS country clubs!

http://www.ipmsitalia.it/

(I'm starting to understand now)
    But still don't know the function of mother IPMS
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Noel , I don't want to start again on this, but pls, you was the first to ask for the club statute..

So read it again..... and I hope you find all the answears about IPMS SSM Malta.... but not here...... cheers 
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:02 pm

skyhigh wrote:Noel , I don't want to start again on this, but pls, you was the first to ask for the club statute..

So  read it again..... and I hope you find all the answears about IPMS SSM Malta.... but not here...... cheers 
     Never received it.

But is the subject a problem, filkass I won't ask questions?
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:Noel , I don't want to start again on this, but pls, you was the first to ask for the club statute..

So  read it again..... and I hope you find all the answears about IPMS SSM Malta.... but not here...... cheers 
     Never received it.

No Noel it is not a matter of problem , ther is nothing hidden or untold , but I feel that you first see the statute and then ask quest at the club with the committee.. better

if you want I can send you a copy by email.......
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:18 pm

skyhigh wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:

Never received it.

No Noel it is not a matter of problem , ther is nothing hidden or untold , but I feel that you first see the statute and then ask quest at the club with the committee.. better

Thanks Marco. I'd appreciate if you can send me one.

But my main question remains : is there a mother IPMS club..... I don't think I'll find it in the Statute.
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:
    skyhigh wrote:
    Noel Petroni wrote:

Never received it.

Thanks Marco. I'd appreciate if you can send me one.

But my main question remains : is there a mother IPMS club..... I don't think I'll find it in the Statute.

Send it in your old email..........
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 am

IPMS is like a federation, each country then has a group of people or a club that represents it, hence in areas like UK, Germany, Italy, USA you can find an IPMS chapter representing regions ... in Malta it happens to be our club. During the old times when the club was founded it was forbidden to name a club with Malta included, hence the idea that SSM was born. As such we are just part of the largest federation of international modelling association, finally the function of IPMS is to promote modelling. The mother in Europe is UK, what we gain of being a part is during the Telford expo our club can make a display table and supposedly we used to have an entrance discount ...

As a club we also are the local representers in the World Soldier Federation, the organisers for World Expo. We are just active members and our function is as voting members in the selection of country of the next upcoming World Expo contenders.

Clear for everyone issa ...  ;p

PS, instead of discussing get ready those planes .. maybe we make a display Meet the Fokkers ...
    skyhigh
    skyhigh
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  skyhigh Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 am

iCocker wrote:IPMS is like a federation, each country then has a group of people or a club that represents it, hence in areas like UK, Germany, Italy, USA you can find an IPMS chapter representing regions ... in Malta it happens to be our club. During the old times when the club was founded it was forbidden to name a club with Malta included, hence the idea that SSM was born. As such we are just part of the largest federation of international modelling association, finally the function of IPMS is to promote modelling. The mother in Europe is UK, what we gain of being a part is during the Telford expo our club can make a display table and supposedly we used to have an entrance discount ...

As a club we also are the local representers in the World Soldier Federation, the organisers for World Expo. We are just active members and our function is as voting members in the selection of country of the next upcoming World Expo contenders.

Clear for everyone issa ...  ;p

PS, instead of discussing get ready those planes .. maybe we make a display Meet the Fokkers ...

Ivan as IPMS MALTA members the entrance at Telford was FREE............ cheers 
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks Marco for the update was not sure if that was still done ... so another bonus!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am