SSM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
olivermifsud
Luke
in nannu pec
Joseph
RayCaruana
Tancred
iCocker
AdriaN
bcauchi
Dottore
Ray
alexbb
skyhigh
Noel Petroni
18 posters

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

Post  iCocker Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:17 am

Noel Petroni wrote:
    were all steel Alex....as seen here in two pics taken by me at the Imperial War museum London...
    Many depict them wrongly in rubber in their models...notably even a silver winning firefly in last Euro!!!

Dottore

Oh well........ I have to repaint the return rollers again Rolling Eyes Shermans.... don't you just love them! bounce

Regards
    Noel

Noel that is why I love the T34 - simple and minimal ... after panzers, shermans are another headache confused

Ivan
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!)

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 pm

NOEL STOP RIGHT THERE
    DOTT YOU ARE WRONG EARLY AND MID WHERE OF RUBBER AND HERE IS PROOF
    Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 M4_r111
    SHERMAN EXPERT MY LEFT FOOT
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Dottore wrote:were all steel Alex....as seen here in two pics taken by me at the Imperial War museum London...
    Many depict them wrongly in rubber in their models...notably even a silver winning firefly in last Euro!!! Evil or Very Mad

Dottore

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 London10

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 London11

FEJN RAJTU IL HADID
    THEY OVERPAINTED THE RUBBER WITH BASE COLOUR AND IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY YOU WILL SEE THAT THE PAINT HAS FLAKED OFF WHERE RUBBER AND METAL MEET.I THINK YOU MUST HAVE TOUCHED IT AND FELT IT WAS STEEL HARD BUT THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO RUBBER WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME IT HARDENS ROCK SOLID AND FEELS THAT WAY TOO BUT NO WAY IS IT STEEL ITS RUBBER

LINK BELOW FOR MORE PICS
    http://www.bunkermilitaria.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=2467&Category_Code=G&Product_Count=29
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:31 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAA affraid

drunken man....thawwat!

Doc.... what do you have to say about this? If you are to win this case you need to put forward hard evidence!

I will be filing a court case for time wasted to paint the rollers and the amount of paint used! You will be hearing from my lawyer! Evil or Very Mad

Regards
    Noel
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 pm

This thread is getting HOT...Come on Alex and Doc, show us what you got!!!
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty The way fo the roller.....

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:47 pm

LOL LOL

Cousin I stick to my guns...and to thousand of sherman experts who say the return roller was metal...including Steve Zaloga. He never painted rubber on his return rollers...
    I'm adding more pics to prove my point...
    Your PIC is ONE STRANGE roller in my opinion ....
    As for my pics they were definately steel ...paint is flaking off the steel....not rubber...
    I'm also [posting a link...go to the bottom and note the diagrams where all the return rollers of all the examples existing are shown in steel....

http://www.o5m6.de/vvss.html

I'm also posting a forum question with respective answer....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/message/1018100549/Sherman+return+rollers-+rubber+tires+or+steel+rims-

Alex if you can find me ONE guy that will say that the return rollers are made of rubber...ONE guy...(apart from you)...I'll accept we have an issue...otherwise its steel for me all the way! Basketball

Dottore

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Roller10
    RayCaruana
    RayCaruana
    Gold
    Gold

Post  RayCaruana Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm

Yes it-tifel!!! Ejja terhilux Alex bounce
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty Any other brave soul...

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm

Wishing to join the fray with info or opinions feel free....

He only risks being thrown a STEEL return roller to his head after all Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dottore
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm

CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY DENY THAT THOSE ARE NOT SHERMAN WHEELS
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty Not too sure...

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:14 pm

Ok for the roadwheel...theres part of the suspension....

But honestly am not too sure about the return roller being a Sherman one....and even if it was...it might be an early run or a prototype...Alex noone paints the return rollers rubber....think about it...otherwise they would be marketing distressed return rollers too...we would be chipping off the rubber from there too...

Anyway more pics....

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 110

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 210

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 310
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

YES MATT THEY ARE SHERMAN WHEELS CHECK THE LINK BELOW THE PICS AS FOR BEING DISTRESSED, REMEMBER THEY ARE NOT PRONE TO WEAR AND TEAR AS MUCH AS THE LOWWER SUSPENSION THEY ONLY HAVE TO CARRY THE TRACK AND NOT THE WHOLE WEIGHT OF THE TANK

AFTER A LONG AND STRENOUS DISCUSSION IT WAS DECIDED THAT WE WHERE BOTH RIGHT I WAS RIGHT WHEN I SAID THEY WHERE RUBBER AND MATT WAS RIGHT WHEN HE SAID THEY WHERE STEEL
    SHERMANS SEEM TO HAVE HAD BOTH TYPES
    NO VIOLENCE WAS APPLIED TO EXTORT ANY FORM OF CONCENSUS
    iCocker
    iCocker
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  iCocker Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Guys have to agree with Doc, his not expert for nothing ...

In the Lion and Lioness book dedicated to the IDF M50 I have aclear proof that those were metal, the author shows a variation of I guess all the Sherman rollers available for the IDF and it was quite a collection and variety and non are metal.

1 - 0 for Doc he deserves it ... cheers

Post  Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Dottore wrote:Wishing to join the fray with info or opinions feel free....

He only risks being thrown a STEEL return roller to his head after all Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dottore

I thought it was made out of jablo scratch Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad What a Face
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:36 pm

OK IVAN
    EXPLAIN THIS
    THESE WHEELS WHERE FOUND IN BELGIUM. THEY ARE DEFINETLY SHERMAN WHEELS, THE HOUSEING AND MOUNTINGS ARE UNIQUE TO SHERMANS MOST PROBABLY BELONGED TO A BRITISH SHERMAN, THE REMAINING COLOUR IS CERTAINLY NOT OLIVE DRAB. THEY ARE BEING GUARANTEED AS ORIGINAL SHERMAN WHEELS.
    SO THE LOCATION WHERE THEY WHERE FOUND AND THE DATE OF WHEEL PRODUCTION AND MAKE OF RUBBER (FIRESTONE AND 1943) RULES OUT PROTOTYPE. IT WAS AN OPERATIONAL TANK, SO COULD IT HAVE BEEN A ONE OFF? HIGHLY IMPROBABLE.

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Roller10

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Roller12
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Ok I'm joining in and this should be my last post of this year.......just couldn't help sitting back when it turned so HOT Laughing

Alex, with all due respect and no offence meant...I'M ALL OUT WITH DOC ROE ON THIS ONE AND WITH ANY SHERMAN RELATED DEBATE BLINDFOLDED Embarassed pale

We really under estimate him a bit too much, me INCLUDED but I really and honestly feel that he's a SHERMAN EXPERT ON BOTH FEET Twisted Evil

Ray affraid
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty To set the record straight...

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:52 pm

I did say the wheel pics Alex [posted looked genuine...BUT I also said that if they existed in action they were far far far rare.
    I have never seen Sherman return roller wheels being painted in rubber and never heard anyone say they were possibly made of rubber.
    In other words a sherman model would look weird painted in rubber return rollers...

So at the end of the day its only that batch of pics Alex which shows the rubber on return roller wheels while my books, cds, mags, model pics and thousands of google pics show steel return rollers...

Thats the case until further evidence to the contrary...

Dottore
    (certified Shermanoholic and sherman guru) Twisted Evil
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 pm

DOC
    THE FULCRUM OF THE ARGUMENT IS THAT YOU SAID THEY WHERE STEEL ONLY (i also said they where rubber) THE FACT IS THERE WHERE BOTH STEEL AND RUBBER in what proportion to each other is irrelevant
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty It is very relevant....

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:00 pm

cos I'm sure Noel doesnt want to model his tank styling return rollers the likes of which were probably only found in an abondoned field somewhere in France Laughing

Dottore

PS I did receive a bribe to accept that notion rabbit
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm

Dottore wrote:cos I'm sure Noel doesnt want to model his tank styling return rollers the likes of which were probably only found in an abondoned field somewhere in France Laughing

Dottore

PS I did receive a bribe to accept that notion rabbit

well actually i want my money back because it was in belgium
    ahjar immur naghmel xi haga ghall gid
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Noel Petroni
    Noel Petroni
    Gold
    Gold

Post  Noel Petroni Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:16 pm

Shocked .....emmmm Shocked Thank God I didn't paint them again in Rubber!!!!!!!

Anyway.........thanks guys for your help Very Happy

Happy New Year to all

Noel
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 pm

Noel Petroni wrote:Shocked .....emmmm Shocked Thank God I didn't paint them again in Rubber!!!!!!!

Anyway.........thanks guys for your help Very Happy

Happy New Year to all

Noel

NOEL WHENEVER YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP YOU GET RID OF SANITY BRAIN CELLS JUST GIVE ME AND THE DOC A HOOT AND WE CAN GUARANTEE ALMOST INSTANT INSANITY

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES AND TO ALL THE GUYS WHO ARE ENJOYING THE SHOW OUT THERE
    Dottore
    Dottore
    Gold
    Gold

Sherman Alamein - (READY!!!!!!) - Page 4 Empty You know you're reaching modelling maturity....

Post  Dottore Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 pm

when you can take on a local modelling giant like Alex and edge him out (ever so slightly)in an argument Laughing cheers

Back to my model!

All the best guys!

Dottore
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Dottore wrote:when you can take on a local modelling giant like Alex and edge him out (ever so slightly)in an argument Laughing cheers

Back to my model!

All the best guys!

Dottore

Ha tiddardar issa hux lol!

Again All the Best to everyone, silent or not lol!

Ray affraid
    alexbb
    alexbb
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  alexbb Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:06 pm

IVE SPENT ALL MY AMMO BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN IM NOT GETTING MORE SO KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN DOC
    lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Ray
    Ray
    Best in Show
    Best in Show

Post  Ray Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:45 am

alex wrote:IVE SPENT ALL MY AMMO BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN IM NOT GETTING MORE SO KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN DOC
    lol! lol! lol! lol!

I've already ducked as i'm waiting for a real BARRAGE on the next sortie Embarassed pale

Ray affraid

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 am